A random ancestor ghost in Necrom
Random NPC in a to-be-decided town
Type of Quest
Location to a treasure(?)
Temple Faction Reputation
Help an ancestor wrap up their mortal affairs before they lose their identity.
Temple Faction rank of (?)
2 NPCs with unique dialogue
1-2 cell names with unique dialogue
1 dialogue topic (name of a non-existant NPC)
1 item (scroll)
- The player is approached in Necrom by a named Ancestor Ghost (either an Ancestor Ghost model, or an NPC with a ghost shader effect; this is implemented by giving them the ability ghost_ability, a 50% chameleon effect).
- The Ancestor feels like they cannot adequately advise their descendants because their thoughts mostly revolve around a love affair they had when they were still alive. They moved on and married into an existing family, but after death they still remember their affair's face better than that of their children.
- The PC is asked to first scribe, then deliver a scroll to a named NPC in a given city. The scroll contains a goodbye and regret for leaving the lover, as well as the wish that they had a happy life.
- When travelling to the city, the PC learns through dialogue that nobody knows that person. Either through speaking to a sufficiently bureocratic person (temple priest?) or random chance they learn that the person has died in the second era, but a descendant is known to live in another town.
- The (briefly bewildered) descendent is approached, the scroll is delivered.
- The named Ancestor is told that the scroll has been delivered. Thanks are given (along with reputation? or directions to a cache for bad times the Ancestor hid during their life?).
- The named Ancestor is disabled and a generic non-hostile Ancestor Ghost is spawned in their place.