After several weeks of gathering feedback and intense discussion, TR has come to a decision on how to proceed with faction and travel integration.
As we have learned in the discussions following the status update, moving the edits to vanilla travel lines to TR_Mainland will create far more problems than it could solve. For that reason, our changes will remain in TR_Travels, a seperate plugin. These edits are projected to include the following changes:
- Some vanilla travel hubs will lose vanilla destinations in favor of TR ones. This will be most applicable for the Ebonheart and Telvanni ship masters.
- Travel destinations will include both TR_Mainland and TR_Preview locations, no matter how complete these locations will be. As a result, some travel lines will be dead ends or lead to content not fully playable.
Therefore, the only revision to TR_Mainland will be the removal of the Bal Oyra silt strider and the Tel Ouada ship master and their applicable travel routes. For those who still want to use these, a separate plugin called TR_TravelsReverted will be included. This can be loaded along with or without TR_Travels, though of course it would not include any destintions that lead to Vvardenfell.
All TR factions will be rolled into their vanilla counterparts, making use of the same IDs and ownerships. TR_Telvanni will become vanilla's Telvanni, etc. The factions' progression will no longer be artificially split between Vvardenfell and Mainland.
This is the only change that will be handled directly by TR_Mainland. Other changes will be handled via a separate plugin, tentatively called TR_Factions, which will be available for download at all major mirrors of TR:
- The endgame questlines of the factions, including obtaining Hortator votes, will be tweaked to account for the mainland.
- Faction rank requirements will be increased to account for the additional content provided in TR. As an example, more quests may need to be completed to obtain ranks. This is projected to happen some years into the future, as after a review of the currently implemented quests, it was decided TR does not yet offer enough questlines to make a sizeable impact on progression rate.
- Dialogue changes, such as faction NPCs acknowledging events on the mainland as well as on Vvardenfell, will also be kept to this plugin.