Tamriel Rebuilt is a big undertaking. There is a lot to do, but many hands make light work and for that we need your help. If you love Morrowind and its world, if you are interested in the creation of mods or games, or if you just want a creative outlet in a lively online community, consider contributing to our project in some way. All levels of skill (beginners included!) are wanted.
What does Tamriel Rebuilt do?
There are many types of work that go on at Tamriel Rebuilt on a daily basis. Here are some of the more common activities that we can always use an extra hand with:
- Level design: With the help of Morrowind's Construction Set, you build the exterior world, the cities and settlements, the houses, caverns and temples that the player visits in the game.
- Story development: You create the many quests for the player to undertake, you create interesting characters and write dialogue.
- 3D art: Even though our project builds upon an existing game, we have too little to work with to create the rest of Morrowind just like that. You have the 3D skills to provide us with everything ranging from architecture, across wildlife and equipment, to even the little colorful knickknacks that we need to build our game world.
- Concept art: Morrowind is a place of wonder and you have the imagination and the artistic skills to show us what it should look like. You help us visualize the world and create the designs that 3D artists work from.
- Writing: Morrowind has a vast fictional background and much of it is conveyed through text. You have a way with words and help us expand that world, making it even more captivating and fantastical.
- Administration: Like any large project, just keeping things and people up to date is a significant chunk of work.
These are not the only things we need! For a more thorough and up-to-date listing, check the Tamriel Rebuilt Handbook for more information.
How do I join?
First and foremost, make an account for yourself on our forum, where you'll also need to make a showcase if you'd like to work in the Construction Set and make interiors, exteriors or quests. Members are also encouraged to visit our chatroom and attend our weekly development meetings. Last, be sure to read the Tamriel Rebuilt Modder’s Guide.