Assets for 16.09

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
10Kaziem's picture
10Kaziem
Asset DeveloperInterior Developer
2 years 7 months ago

I’m starting to compile our new and updated BSA for the next release. If anyone has fixes/updates for any assets they think are ready for inclusion, tell me about them.

Also, generally speaking, keep in mind that we are now doing HD textures so HD textures are encouraged.

Gnomey's picture
Gnomey
Asset DeveloperWriterExterior DeveloperInterior Developer
2 weeks 5 days ago

I believe the reworked Dres Skyrender has still not been added to TR_Data. I’m pretty sure the latest file is here, attached to SACarrow’s post from Sat May 02, 2015. I would also like to see the nails here [cup of nails added, single nail not added yet -10Kaziem] replacing TR’s current models, but as noted if this is done there will be a few placement errors in one specific spot in OE that will have to be patched up. A very quick job, and I’d be quite willing to take care of it myself.

The nails use vanilla textures, so that’s a non-issue. Tamriel_Data has nail models as well, a single nail and a scattered group of nails, but they’re misc items while these would be statics, so I don’t think the redundancy is too concerning. I’m assuming Worsas’ quality concerns in the linked thread apply mainly to the coiled rope models, (the Tamriel_Data nails aren’t any more detailed than Pete’s), and those likely need some more work (at least better textures) before they can be included.

ThomasRuz's picture
ThomasRuz
Asset Developer
4 days 5 hours ago

Yeah, the new reworked skyrender is a must, honestly.

Gnomey's picture
Gnomey
2 weeks 5 days ago

Just realized there’s no mounted version of the new Skyrender, (at least not that I’ve ever heard of), so the one in Port Telvannis can’t be replaced yet. I don’t really think that matters in the grand scheme of things, though; the old model still works as a placeholder.

ThomasRuz's picture
ThomasRuz
Asset Developer
4 days 5 hours ago

True, to my knowledge there is no mounted version yet, but with the new skyrender model in place we can start working further on the hives and skyrender "materials”.

Rats's picture
Rats
Developer EmeritusAsset ReviewerWriting ReviewerExterior DeveloperInterior ReviewerQuest Reviewer
1 month 2 weeks ago

Could House Dres / Deshaan tapestries be included, [Added. -10Kaziem]   if people feel that they’re ok? 

Also, there’s plenty of new books (like the Dres Cremation Practices) that could be reviewed and added post-haste!

Gnomey's picture
Gnomey
2 weeks 5 days ago

Dres tapestries get my emphatic vote for inclusion.

Kevaar's picture
Kevaar
Developer EmeritusQuest Developer
1 year 7 months ago

Here’s a link of all the currently proposed literatures and stuff: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/asset?field_asset_asset_type_tid=250&field_asset_asset_progress_tid=All&title_op=contains&title=&field_race_tid=All&field_faction_tid=All&field_claim_area_tid=All&field_asset_developer_target_id_entityreference_filter=All

There’s a lot in there that really needs a second or third opinion, and half of the ones I’ve given a look at, their authors have gone MIA. x.x But I’ll try to go through and put a flag on the ones I think are good as is, and I guess we can go from there. When are we looking to do this release?

Rats's picture
Rats
Developer EmeritusAsset ReviewerWriting ReviewerExterior DeveloperInterior ReviewerQuest Reviewer
1 month 2 weeks ago

The Old Ebonheart tapestries [Added. -10Kaziem] could also be added. Templar_Tribe wasn’t too fond of the Talos Cult one (it’s not very subtle, agreed), so maybe that doesn’t have to be included.

Also, ingredients for the Grey Meadows’ flora. Pic. (Files attached) [Added. -10Kaziem]

AttachmentSizeDate
Package icon gmflora.zip27.29 KB2016-08-16 02:44
Ragox's picture
Ragox
Interior Developer
2 months 1 week ago

I think it’s a really bad decision to now focus on HD textures, this means a lot of additional work just so that the graphics fetishists can be pleased. In my view we should always take the original assets as a base, there shouldn’t be differences in texture quality if you only have the base game and Tamriel Rebuilt installed. That’s terrible news.

That being said, please add sirrah’s vertex-shaded sets, they’re obvious improvements and don’t require a detailed review.

Vertex-shaded TR_furn_de_rm_* set [added -10Kaziem]
Vertex-shaded TR_cont_de_vase_* set [added -10Kaziem]
Vertex-shaded TR_misc_stn_* set [added -10Kaziem]
Vertex-shaded TR_misc_silv_* set [added -10Kaziem]

I think the same can be said about my new book icons. [added -10Kaziem]

worsas's picture
worsas
Developer EmeritusAsset Reviewer
1 week 6 days ago

I think it’s a really bad decision to now focus on HD textures

If I understand right, the idea is to have a highres version of TR_Data.bsa as an alternative download and that the default version will stay as it used to be. The default version of the upcoming Tamriel-Data also contains a vanilla-resolution version of the SHOTN- and P:C data files. But we’ll also keep offering the full-resolution.bsa next to it.

If you’re making a texture from scratch, you will usually start out with a larger psd-file and downscale it for export. There is no harm in offering the full-resolution to the people that want it.

worsas's picture
worsas
Developer EmeritusAsset Reviewer
1 week 6 days ago

Would it be possible to add the updated swamptroll with revised CS-values to Data?
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/asset/swamp-troll-update

The creature needs to be marked both as swimming & walking creature so it can utilize its swimming animations. It’s also missing a wander package with roughly equal chances for idle2, idle3 and idle4.

Another thing I contributed some time ago are versions of those alpha rugs with actual thickness and a modelled edge instead of an alpha one. This is something I would still like to see added, because the current versions have that weird alpha edge and are difficult to place in interiors. This update would not affect previously placed instances, as the top of the rug is still on the same level as before.

I uploaded the rugs to the asset browser in the past but the entry is no longer there. I’ll just link it directly here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22362022/TR_rugs.7z [Added. -10Kaziem]

10Kaziem's picture
10Kaziem
2 years 7 months ago

Does: concepts, textures, youtube vids, admin stuff e.g. PR, handbook, assets, small website things. Activity level: wildly unpredictable. Still active. Find me on Discord.

Ragox's picture
Ragox
Interior Developer
2 months 1 week ago

Well, I kind of did review the Breton Blades Set already and fixed the issues I could find (see my updated file).
Other than that I think the Orange Moss [Added. -10Kaziem] , Orange Lilypads [Added. -10Kaziem] and my Brown Mushroom [Added. -10Kaziem] have priority, since Rats could immediately use them for the Thirr River Valley Visual Update.

10Kaziem's picture
10Kaziem
2 years 7 months ago

All the assets that are going to be added have been added. Locking this thread accordingly.

Does: concepts, textures, youtube vids, admin stuff e.g. PR, handbook, assets, small website things. Activity level: wildly unpredictable. Still active. Find me on Discord.

Topic locked