Bugfix patch (ESP) for TR 1612

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rot's picture
Rot
Quest Developer
1 year 3 months ago

This is a quick merge of the fixes that can be applied in the form of an additional patch (without creating a new master and requiring an update for TR mods) made since 1612. Nothing of critical severity and no changes to objects placed in cells but sorts a few quests and there's no sense sitting on available fixes for 3 months till 1709.

Included:

• Could someone make sure I didn't screw up something obvious in that .ESP

• Should this be officially uploaded next to the released file or should I just put a link to it for players who are interested

(it's less neat and unified and you don't want to generate confusion, on the other hand if in the future a release must be made on a certain date with no new lands or no substantial changes requiring a new master version, it would be better practice to release a patch like this instead. Note this one was easy to do because dialogue differences are easy to export and most other fixes were already available in separate files to merge, that might not always be the case.)

AttachmentSizeDate
Binary Data TRPATCHmerge.ESP117.4 KB2017-06-04 17:13
Rot's picture
Rot
Quest Developer
1 year 3 months ago

Will then link it on the download page + nexus one (done), and blame any ensuing confusion on everybody else :)

Mirror

-

The pinned post in the nexus needs to be updated if only to get rid of dead links and allowed replies, here's a version with updated links and useless sentences removed:

OK?
Missing: readme link, (host current readme on nexus for its own link)
Missing: that patch for the "MGSO" graphic replacer rocks is dead, does anyone have it? Named TR + OTR Compatibility Patch 1.0.ESP
edit: this is Slartibartfast's folder with all his mods including it, the link breaking was because of dropbox.
However: the way that patch corrects rock shape issues is by manually adding or moving objects. World edits only works with a given ESM version unless updated, and the file also depends on the old Data. I propose removing the link for now until/if the patch is picked up and updated by another third party, because
+ it seems this patch is something that needs to be maintained, and if so I don't understand why it was still linked in released readme files past its appropriate version,
+ the onus isn't on TR to adapt to questionable changes in third-party graphics mods,
+ there's no reason TR should be encouraging the use of MGSO which (taste aside) is known to be very badly optimised and causes that same rock issue with any landmass mod

edit: done