Erebath_143: Interior Showcase

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Erebath_143's picture
Erebath_143
7 years 6 months ago

Hey TR!
I’ve been following the project ever since I first heard about it around a year ago. Unfortunately I don't have much time to mod these days, but I’m hoping to free up some time within the next month or so. In the mean time, I did put together a quick showcase,  just to get that out of the way.

For my showcase, I've made a small house in the Hlaalu style, belonging to a commoner named Ervas Drels. I based it off the design of Tsiya’s house in Balmora (2x3 pieces, and the same upstairs. Hope that will suffice), though I didn’t do an exterior for it (I should be able to whip one up fairly easily, if need be). You’ll find the house under the name “Ervas Drel’s House” in the CS.

Thanks for your time, and for this wonderful project!

AttachmentSizeDate
Binary Data My Int Showcase.ESP13.79 KB2016-09-25 20:53
sirrah's picture
sirrah
Interior Developer
1 year 3 weeks ago

Hi Erebath, welcome to TR!

This is a nice start; I’ll try to give you a proper review for this soon, but before I do I have a couple of small things I’d like addressed. Firstly, I’d like to see a little more cluttering in this interior (90 refs are a bit low for a two-floor house). Secondly, ‘Furn_Com_Planter’ shouldn’t be used in Dunmer interiors (replace it with one of the ‘furn_planter_*’ objects).

Exteriors/NPCs are handled seperately in TR (and require seperate showcases to be approved for), so don’t worry about providing an exterior for this showcase.

Ragox's picture
Ragox
Interior Developer
1 month 2 weeks ago

Welcome to TR smiley
Your interior does look promising, but yeah, some more objects would be ideal. What I would add is a shelf “furn_de_p_shelf_02” and fill that with stuff, plus a broom “misc_com_broom_01” and 3 baskets “com_basket_01” (both are com (imperial) items that can be used in all interiors; it’s confusing at first).

Erebath_143's picture
Erebath_143
7 years 6 months ago

Thanks for the warm welcomes!
I’ve updated the file as per the above suggestions. The common planter’s been replaced with a Dunmer one, a shelf was added near the bottom of the staircase, another bookshelf near the top, and a couple of urns as well. The object count is now up to 127.
Please let me know if there’s anything else!

sirrah's picture
sirrah
Interior Developer
1 year 3 weeks ago

Hey Erebath, thanks for fixing that. The cluttering looks much better now.

On to the formal review:
First, some general comments. File is clean, northmarker is present, lighting is good and 'Illegal To Sleep Here' is set. All great to see.

'bk_redbookofriddles' is a semi-unique quest item, so consider replacing it with one of the other riddle-books.

Regarding tapestries; currently, you’ve placed these a bit too close to the wall. They should be placed so that no part of the rope-knot at the top is bleeding.

Below is a list of general placement issues that should be addressed. Fix these up, and I’ll give you another review.

Floaters/Bleeders

Don’t hesitate to ask if you need help or further elaboration on any of the issues I’ve highlighted.

sirrah's picture
sirrah
Interior Developer
1 year 3 weeks ago

One other thing I forgot to mention: light_de_buglamp is a rather rare nonexpiring torch, so replace this with a more generic one.