Author
Message Post new topic Reply to topic
Thrignar Fraxix
Lead Developer
06 Dec 2004

That is a complete sentence, our very own Not has been promoted to the core. You may be asking yourself, what is this strange Head of Characters position. Head of Characters is in fact the old Head of NPCs position with a new name. This position will oversee the creation of non-quest relevant NPCs, path-grids, and wilderness baddies. You may now be saying to yourself, "waitaminnit, isn't that what NPC detailing claims are for?" To this I say shaddup; I'm getting to that.

NPC detailing claims are, thankfully, going the way of the Dodo in favor of a smaller claim system that will, fortunately, make the process FAR less daunting than it is now. The new department will also handle interior merging, though this will most likely fall on Not (with assistance from myself). Claimants would create the NPCs for the area, and give them the kind of non quest-related local and regional dialogue. This allows Why to focus on quest creation. The department will naturally work closely with both quests and interiors to ensure that good NPC ideas are used, and potential quest hooks are taken advantage of.

To take NPC claims, one needs to be promoted for questing and dialogue. Yes, there will not be a simple promotion just for dialogue.

Also, there is not currently a subforum for these claims, so for any interested would-be NPCers out there, you'll want to shoot Not a PM or check the Quest subsection of the forums.

Any further questions can and should be posted here. Interested dialogue writers would also do well to send a message to your new-found Dear Leader. Anyone interested in learning to work in the field, or being refreshed, should look here and here.

On a seemingly different, yet still related note. Interiors: Reviewing is emptied for the first time in years, and the second time after the subforum's creation. This is related because it was this wonderful Not person who did all of the initial reviews, allowing this to happen. Double yay Not!

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo

Last edited by Thrignar Fraxix on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:56 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Matin Sanguine
Developer
22 Aug 2012

Congratulations Not on the promotion to Head of Characters!

It's also nice to see that the original system of NPC claiming is being replaced with a smaller one. That kind of thinking is useful to have because larger claim systems (such as the original one you described TF) makes it far more daunting to whoever is claiming it, thus making it far more likely that they will drop it (and making whoever comes later have to familiarize themselves with their predecessor's work). So the alternative (the smaller claim system) is far better by comparison.

Also it's great that the Interior: Reviewing subforum has been cleared out (at this time of writing), congrats to all those involved in making this happen!

"As to where the ash comes from.. fuck if I care." -Sload

"At TR, we LOVE our quests to be steeped in lore, so you'd be able to flex your CHIM there just fine." - Nanu
Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:22 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

What's with the weird names of quest/NPC people?

Congrats, well-deserved, yay! Very Happy

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:56 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Congrats Not

-Associate Producer: Radio K/Culture Queue

-Head of NPCs: Skyrim: Home of the Nords
Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:03 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Not
Developer Emeritus
01 Mar 2012

Why wrote:
What's with the weird names of quest/NPC people?

Rofl, you're one to talk :p

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:07 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
MoonAndStar
Developer
25 Oct 2012

Congrats, Not! (as in, congratulations to Not, not 'not congratulations) Wink
Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:16 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer
05 Nov 2006

Yeti wrote:
Congrats Not

http://archive.people.com/people/archive/jpgs/19920504/19920504-750-141.jpg

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:24 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Mwgek
Developer
11 Apr 2008

I'm happy for you, Not. Smile

And I do a little dance for the interior reviews.

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:52 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer
13 Jan 2006

Congrats on the promotion, Not!

Psst, PM me all the admin forum complaints about yours truly. Very Happy

"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:15 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
greendogo
TR Tester
29 Mar 2008

Congratulations Not!
Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:42 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Not
Developer Emeritus
01 Mar 2012

Thanks a lot for the congrats, everyone!

gro-Dahl, nice pic, I lol'ed when I saw that

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:38 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Osidian
Reviewer
18 Jul 2010

Congratulation, Not! Pleased
Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:06 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
arvisrend
Lead Developer
04 Oct 2010

Quote:
Our New Head of Characters is Not! Also Int Reviewing Empty!

Sounds like the Void is finally overtaking TR...

Congrats, Not, and congrats TR for having Not in this position!

Oops, I'm somewhat congratulating myself here...

[22:07] Haplo: pffft this is TR
[22:07] Haplo: ETAs are strictly prohibited by the Department of Mysteries
[22:12] TF|Laptop: Just as long as we don't let the department of mysteries plan any more cities
Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:14 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Tytanis
10 Dec 2012

Congrats! Smile
Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:06 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Congrats to you, Notling!

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Post Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:08 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Not
Developer Emeritus
01 Mar 2012

Thanks a lot everyone. I really appreciate the warm welcome ^^

Post Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:37 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Lead Developer
06 Dec 2004

2/9 of the core now is someone with a name that will be highlighted during normal IRC conversations. I am ok with this.

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Post Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:41 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Not
Developer Emeritus
01 Mar 2012

Well, it's a little late, but I told SOME Core members I'd make a speech for this, so without further ado, here goes.

It is....with great reluctance that I take this post. I love this meritocracy, I love TR. The power you give me I will put down once this crisis has abated.

Post Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:46 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Liar

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:03 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Not
Developer Emeritus
01 Mar 2012

Haplo wrote:
Liar

I'm sorry, which bit exactly?

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:38 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Adanorcil
Lead Developer
22 Jan 2006

Quote:
It is....with great reluctance that I take this post. I love this meritocracy, I love TR. The power you give me I will put down once this crisis has abated.

I'm sure she's being honest. Coincidentally, do you have anything planned on the 15th of March, Not?
Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:06 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Not
Developer Emeritus
01 Mar 2012

Nope, not that I know of, why?

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:21 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Aeven
Lead Developer
17 Aug 2008

Then we may offer you as a sacrifice Very Happy

<Nemon> I've never understood the way of weed

<~Haplo> I like cheese. I like cheese alot. yes. truly, in fact I love the cheese

<+SamirA> butt hat is the endgame
Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:34 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group