q1-63-Mis

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Lud
Developer Emeritus

q1-63-Mis

Post by Lud »

Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q1-63-Mis (#1238)
Faction: Misc
Parent claim: TR_1-37-Tel (#61)
Claimed by: groza528
Files: TR_q1-63-Mis_groza528_1.esp

---

The location above is NOT accurate. I just needed something to appease the system because I can't get to the map here.

I have two quest ideas. One of them I'm waiting to hear back from Red Knight because I suggested he might be able to use it for his showcase; if he decides not to use it I'll post it here. This is the other one.

This is the map 1 naked nord quest to take the place of "Which Witch?", which I intend to move to a later map.

On the road north of Port Telvannis the player comes across a naked nord. He tells the player that he bought a female slave from Port Telvannis, with the intention of freeing her (whether you believe that is up to you; the degree of truth behind it is never revealed) but before he had a chance to carry out his noble actions, she bewitched him and took his clothes and his prize warhammer-- we need some variety from axes, I figure. He asks you to retrieve them.
Further up the road, you come across a breton woman wearing the nord's clothing and a slave bracer. You can also initaite the quest by meeting her. She will tell you that she does not know whether his intentions were honorable. All she knows is that he was too drunk to make any sense and she was afraid. He passed out and she took his clothes not out of malice or revenge, but because as a slave she had nothing of her own to wear. She took the warhammer only so he couldn't use it against her when he came to, and mentions that she has no idea how to use it. If you get her a common robe to cover herself, she will return the nord's items to you.

There has to be some reason she wants/needs a specific color of robe, because otherwise it's probably too much work to code in all the different types of common robes and could break if TR or some other mod adds more common robes.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Sounds like a nice quest, Groza.
I'll take out which witch when I get a chance.

As far as needing a particular colour robe, a good excuse would be that the Twin Lamps contact who agreed to get her out of Telvannis doesn't know what she looks like and she told him that she would be wearing a robe of X colour.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Ludovic wrote:As far as needing a particular colour robe, a good excuse would be that the Twin Lamps contact who agreed to get her out of Telvannis doesn't know what she looks like and she told him that she would be wearing a robe of X colour.
I don't think that works, for a number of reasons.

a. I imagined this to be an escape of opportunity, and it would be awfully coincidental of her to have lined up a Twin Lamps breakout in the same timeframe.
b. It's mildly unlikely that the twin lamps could contact her while she was in the slavepod, and if they were talking to her before that, well, she was obviously already free. And even if they did contact her, they'd know what she looks like.
c. I don't think the Twin Lamps are that discriminate about which slaves they free. Why would they single her out such that she needed to be identified? If I were an abolitionist, as soon as I had the chance I'd just free as many slaves as I could.
d. Assuming that the Twin Lamps DID contact her, and told her they needed HER and would break her out of Port Telvannis, I don't see how they could possibly expect her to find and put on a robe of x color while she's stuck in the slavepod.

More likely I would expect she needs a particular robe for personal (maybe that's the type of robe she was wearing when she was first captured) or practical (camouflage?) reasons.
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

Well why complicate the things that are simple... She wants a specific colored robe because she likes it... though she is a slave she can be a little demanding... after all she has what you need.

Or she may like that specific colour because her previous mistress (that she loved a lot) had once offered her one that she was wearing when she was sold, and later on taken by the slave master. She now want's a robe of that same colour so that she can remember her good times with her previous mistress. Why would her mistress sold her???? Well she could died or something.

My point is, why should we always complicate simple things... after all people in Morrowind are people with taste on things too right :)
MAP 3 -> Interiors
Map 3 -> Interior Fixing
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

That works splendidly. Thanks Fanfas :)
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Submission. It's a fairly simple quest. Here are the necessary cell changes:
Place TR_m1_Q_Olivie_Arche in cell (38,17) at 316538, 147174, 3351
Place TR_m1_Q_Sjard in cell (40, 19) at 329806, 159109, 571
Place a slave brace (either right or left) on the ground near Sjard, and TR_m1_Q_OlivieKey beside it. (not actually needed for the quest; just makes it a little more believable.)
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Moving to review.
Will merge ASAP.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Merged
-Ophelia Benson
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: This quest was only dialogue, so I could review it entirely. It took me about 20 minutes and I checked everything. The quest should work properly.

Comments I didn't spot any errors in this quest and its a very fun one, so here you go!

Rating 10
Attachments
TR_q1-63-Mis_groza528_1.esp
(11.67 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

You said it was all dialogue... does that mean there's no actual quest? Or is it 100% clean & finished?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

No, I ment that the quest was totally dialogue based. It should be good for a final review.

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Merged my fix

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Osiris saw no errors in this quest, so that means it's approved. Yay for naked nord quests!