q1-54-Mis

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

q1-54-Mis

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q1-54-Mis (#1142)
Faction: Misc
Parent claim: TR_1-37-Tel (#61)
Claimed by: Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Files: TR_q1-54-Mis_Bloodthirsty Crustacean_1.esp; TR_q1-54-Mis_groza528_1.rar

---

2 quests needed for here.
Ideas, people!
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Sick Telvanni Aphid

Post by groza528 »

I'll flesh this out more when I get home and I can explore Sadas Plantation again. I haven't touched map 1 since before the first public release.

The basic idea, and I'll fill in names later, is that one of the bugs (Telvanni Aphids? I don't recall) that works on the plantation has grown ill. [Foreman/caretaker] asks you to go to [nearby town] to fetch a cure that [apothecarist] has been working on. He/she cannot fetch it because he/she is needed to care for the aphid which has suddenly grown worse. [Apothecarist] will tell you that one more ingredient is needed, which you must fetch. Then you can purchase the cure and return to Sadas Plantation. Two possible outcomes: (1) if you take more than three days from start-to-finish, the aphid will die of disease and people at Sadas Plantation will stop talking to you. (2) if you bring the cure back in time, [foreman] will reimburse you, plus some extra.
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Just saw the -Dre in the quest claim. Does that mean these are supposed to be faction quests?
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

not a faction quest, but preferably in someway related to the great house (Dres is this case)
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

It clearly isn't really Dres, should be under misc too probably.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Sorry, fixed it. (I think) -Dre is the first in the list, so it's the default suffix for all claims.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Alright, I'm back with more detail as promised.
I would like to claim the Sadas Plantation quests, outlined as follows:

1) The Sick Silt Strider
This quest is given by Neroy Assahin, the farmer near the penned striders at Sadas Plantation.
When you first speak to Assahin, he informs you that Argil, the silt strider in the pen, has been ill but has suddenly grown worse. Gali Therinyth, the alchemist in Port Telvannis, has been working on a cure, but Argil requires more constant care now and Neroy cannot pick it up himself. He asks you to do it and insists that you don't have much time; Argil will die soon without medicine.
You may refuse the quest for a small loss in disposition. If you decide to accept it, you have 5-6 days to return with the cure before Argil dies. If Argil dies, Neroy Assahin will stop speaking to you and you will incur a loss in disposition among the other farmers at Sadas Plantation.
To successfully complete the quest, you must go to Port Telvannis to retrieve the cure. Gali Therinyth will tell you that he's been very busy and it won't be ready for another week (by which point you'd have lost the quest.) If you tell him that Argil has grown worse, he'll tell you that he cannot finish the cure because he does not have enough gravedust. He will ask you to retrieve three portions of gravedust. Once you do that, he will mix up the cure and sell it to you for 50 septims.
Bring the cure to Neroy in time and he will reimburse your 50 septims plus a reward of 100 septims more and an increase in disposition.
Changes to NPCs: Neroy Assahin should be changed so that he does not wander around. The dialogue wouldn't make as much sense if he was on the other side of the plantation when you talk to him.

2) Questions for Athenim Adri
This quest is given to you by Alavi Arendus if she has a disposition of at least 80 toward you OR if you are a member of the Tribunal Temple faction.
Alavi Arendus has been questioning her beliefs for some time now, but she has been afraid to say anything because she believes her husband will disapprove. She's heard that there is a priest named Athenim Adri staying at Tel Sadas and she would like to ask him some questions, but is to afraid to be seen with him, so she asks if you can relay her questions for her.
When you pass her questions on to Athenim Adri, he will tell you that the true believer must not be afraid to believe and refuse to answer unless she comes in person. He will, however, give you a copy of Saryoni's Sermons to pass on to Alavi to see if that helps to answer her questions. He will also ask why she won't visit him. If you tell him it's because she's afraid her husband will disapprove, he will reveal that he has already been speaking to Gadaves Arendus for the past week.
Tell Alavi Arendus what Adri said and give her the book, and she will agree to visit Adri. As a reward she gives you a ring with a strong "Calm Creature" enchantment.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Sounds great, groza :)
Click the claim button up top :)
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Claiming.
Quick Question though: When I submit this, do I submit it as one mod or two?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

one mod would be best
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Another question, and a comment:
Comment first, When talking about changes to NPCs I forgot one because I didn't think of it as an "NPC." The penned silt strider will need to be replaced with a different one that has a unique ID.
And now for the question: With regard to that and the change to Neroy Assahin, do I make the changes myself or do I bring them to the original modder/core?
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Done. See top for file.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Submitting to review. (First quest I've ever submitted for anything... Oooh I've got the chills. :-p)

Use file above for reviewing
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Merged
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

These are the error reports for these quests:

"The Sick Siltstrider" Pretty much perfect, with one or two very nitpicky things.
No directions are provided to Gali, the alchemist. I found him soon enough, but I could easily have got lost.
Gali's quest related topic was "cure potion", wheras I assumed it would have been "Argil". This is very nipicky though.
When giving player the potion Gali refers to Argil as "your siltstrider", wheras previously he had seemed much more familiar, and called him Argil. Also, it's not "your" siltstrider, and if he knows Argil he should know that.
Occasionally there are too many 'spacemarks' in a sentence. (If you want me to find topics etc. that do this, just ask)
Otherwise, perfect, as far as I could see.

The Sick Silt Strider
1. http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/Xeth-Ban/DialogError.jpg
As you can see in this screenshot, i have outlined something i believe is not right. im pretty sure it is not "I'm sorry, i haven't the time" but im not entirely sure what you would replace it with
2. http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/Xeth-Ban/JournalBug.jpg
In this screenshot you can see i have outlined a couple of small mispellings, on one, you spelt Neroy Assahins name "Neroy Assaahin" with two A's, and thats not right.
Also, you are asked to bring three portions of grave dust, not three potions like the journal seems to think.
4.When Argil died, i went to Gali Therinyth, and selected the topic "Cure potion" and he said he had already sold me the cure potion, when i had never even spoken to him.
5.Gali also says he already sold you the cure potion when you never accepted the quest.
6.I was able to take the quest, even when i had killed Argil before talking to Neroy, but when i selected the Argil or Cure Potion topic he got a bit pissed of and said goodbye.
7.If you refuse the quest, Argil never actually dies.
8.When Argil is dead, you can choose the cure potion, or Argil topic from Neroys topic list, and he will never speak to you again. Shouldn't this be a greeting and not a topic response? It is a bit odd, you walk up to him, have a nice chat, and then you mention Argil and he suddenly asks you to leave

"Questions for Alavi Arendus"
In the quest regarding Alvali Arendus, there is an instant massive error followed by CTD upon initialising the quest by clicking "spiritual questions". This is because in the result script it says "addtopic "husband"", not "addtopic "my husband"". Easy to fix. I shall finish report on this quest soon.
EDIT: Done quest properly, again, very few errors, and everything pretty much perfect. Only nitpicking again.
More "double spacing" on some dialogue.
No greeting for 'in-quest' players. She just tells the PC to stop bothering the workers.

Sadas Plantation
Questions for Athenim Adri
I discovered no bugs, and barely any mistakes in this quest, but there is a number of other things i have to say
1.Maybe it would be a good idea to make the quest be affected by murdering Gadaves? it wouldn't make much sense for Alavi to be a afraid of a dead man, would it?
And some of the people who like to play religious zealots or murderous maniac may like that way better
(religious zealots would not like someone thought to be a daedric worshiper, and a murderous maniac would see that as the best option)
2.It may also be a good idea to make murdering Athenim affect the quest, it makes no sense that she asks you to talk to a guy you killed(if you killed him, i tested)
3.Seriously, if you are the patriarch of the temple, why would Alavi's first thought when she saw you be asking Athenim for help?
Also, since you outrank Athenim, maybe you could use the patriarch rank to influence the outcome that way to?
4.Shouldn't it be an option to actually tell Gadaves about this? some characters may preffer telling Gadaves rather than going to the priest. (RP reasons i guess)
5. In the spiritual questions topic, after talking with the priest, "dissapointment" is spelt "disapointment" Im pretty sure it is with two S
6.When Alavi gives you the reward, she says among many things "a token of my thanks" while this works, wouldn't "a token of my graditude" work better?
7.In the last word in the first journal entry in this quest, i think you spelt something wrong, it says "disaproove" while i think it should be "dissaproove" again with two S
(im not entirely sure about 5 and 7)
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Revoking from myself so I can focus on Stirk MQ.

These are the error reports for these quests:
"The Sick Siltstrider"
- No directions are provided to Gali, the alchemist. I found him soon enough, but I could easily have got lost.
- Gali's quest related topic was "cure potion", wheras I assumed it would have been "Argil". This is very nipicky though.
- When giving player the potion Gali refers to Argil as "your siltstrider", wheras previously he had seemed much more familiar, and called him Argil. Also, it's not "your" siltstrider, and if he knows Argil he should know that.
- Occasionally there are too many 'spacemarks' in a sentence. (If you want me to find topics etc. that do this, just ask)
- http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/Xeth-Ban/JournalBug.jpg
In this screenshot you can see i have outlined a couple of small mispellings, on one, you spelt Neroy Assahins name "Neroy Assaahin" with two A's, and thats not right.
- Also, you are asked to bring three portions of grave dust, not three potions like the journal seems to think.
- When Argil died, i went to Gali Therinyth, and selected the topic "Cure potion" and he said he had already sold me the cure potion, when i had never even spoken to him.
- Gali also says he already sold you the cure potion when you never accepted the quest.
- I was able to take the quest, even when i had killed Argil before talking to Neroy, but when i selected the Argil or Cure Potion topic he got a bit pissed of and said goodbye.
- When Argil is dead, you can choose the cure potion, or Argil topic from Neroys topic list, and he will never speak to you again. Shouldn't this be a greeting and not a topic response? It is a bit odd, you walk up to him, have a nice chat, and then you mention Argil and he suddenly asks you to leave

"Questions for Athenim Adri"
- In the quest regarding Alvali Arendus, there is an instant massive error followed by CTD upon initialising the quest by clicking "spiritual questions". This is because in the result script it says "addtopic "husband"", not "addtopic "my husband"". Easy to fix.
- More "double spacing" on some dialogue.
- No greeting for 'in-quest' players. She just tells the PC to stop bothering the workers.
- Maybe it would be a good idea to make the quest be affected by murdering Gadaves? it wouldn't make much sense for Alavi to be a afraid of a dead man, would it?
And some of the people who like to play religious zealots or murderous maniac may like that way better
(religious zealots would not like someone thought to be a daedric worshiper, and a murderous maniac would see that as the best option)
- It may also be a good idea to make murdering Athenim affect the quest, it makes no sense that she asks you to talk to a guy you killed(if you killed him, i tested)
- Shouldn't it be an option to actually tell Gadaves about this? some characters may preffer telling Gadaves rather than going to the priest. (RP reasons i guess)
- In the spiritual questions topic, after talking with the priest, "disappointment" is spelled "disapointment"
- In the last word in the first journal entry in this quest, i think you spelled something wrong, it says "disaproove" while it should be "disapprove"
NEENJA
Developer

Post by NEENJA »

Well, since it sounds like there's only a little bit to clean up on these ones, if it's okay, I'd be happy to do my best to finish 'em up. I'm anxious as all Morrowind players are for TR Map 1 with quests to come out. I feel like I could fix these. If not, well, I may need a lot of remedial modding learning.

Anyways, yeah. CLAIMAGE!
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Awesome, go for it.

I have two quick notes related to the policy that questers are not supposed to have cell references.

1) When I made this quest I cleaned out the cell references but I believe I included a readme to describe what needed to be put back into the cells, so make sure you do that.

2) After some talk in the admin forum this policy is rescinded, so feel free to leave cell changes in place BUT [b]keep good records as to what you changed in the cells, and be sure to clean out any *other* cell references.[/b]
NEENJA
Developer

Post by NEENJA »

kewl. I just downloaded the files and I'll start working either tonight or tomorrow. This doesn't seem like it should take too long. When I'm done, maybe I'll gussy up the other quests you left around, groza. :wink:
1) When I made this quest I cleaned out the cell references but I believe I included a readme to describe what needed to be put back into the cells, so make sure you do that.
You mean the part in the readme where it says I should replace the silt strider with another silt strider object?

README:

Code: Select all

q1-54-mis

Things I need someone else to change:
in cell "Sadas Plantation (35,17)" TR_cr_siltstrider should be replaced with TR_cr_sstriderArgil_UNI.  Don't forget ownership.

Things I added or changed:
NPC:  		TR_m1_Neroy_Assahin
creature:	TR_cr_sstriderArgil_UNI
clothing:	TR_m1_AlavisRingOfSoothing
Enchantment:	TR_m1_AlavisRing
Alchemy:	TR_p_sscure
Scripts:	TR_m1_ArgilScript
		TR_m1_SP_SickStriderTimer
Topics:		TR_m1_SP_QforAAdri	- 5
		TR_m1_SP_SickStrider	- 10
		greeting 5 		- 7
		spiritual questions 	- 7
		my husband 		- 7
		Gadaves Arendus 	- 1
		Argil 			- 7
		cure potion 		- 16
--the NEENJA
"Beware, woman! Go away from here--go away, now, or it will be the worse for you. I am an unprotected male, but I will preserve my honor at the peril of my life!"

~Mark Twain
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Yeah, I guess that's the only one for this quest :)
NEENJA
Developer

Post by NEENJA »

Er... hi. When I try to open your file in the CS, it crashes at 94% loading. I have the most recent versions of the files (I think) It warns that these files are not the correct version, so one can only assume you were using earlier files when you made this. Is there a workaround, do you think?
"Beware, woman! Go away from here--go away, now, or it will be the worse for you. I am an unprotected male, but I will preserve my honor at the peril of my life!"

~Mark Twain
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

I was able to load it fine. That might mean I have some old files. These are the data files I loaded, along with their modified date:

Morrowind.esm, 7/17/02
Tribunal.esm, 10/30/02
Bloodmoon.esm, 4/30/03
TR_Data.esm, 1/01/07
TR_Map1.esm, 1/01/07
(active file) q1_54_mis.esp, 1/20/07

If you have versions different from the ones I have, let me know. In the meanwhile, try loading up one of my other files, whether you intend to repair it or not, just to see if you're having this same problem across the board. If you do have the same problem, try downloading a quest file from someone else, such as one of the WiPs in the Claimed forum. Report back when you have news.
NEENJA
Developer

Post by NEENJA »

Heh, that sounds like a quest assignment.

Eureka! I have found it! After some more testing, I found that I needed to select all the files this one is dependent on to run it, which I normally don't need to do. I was just setting your esp to active file and firing it up, but I guess I have to select all the other files to.

Anyways, I'll get to working on it today. That is all for now.

~Mark Twain
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Ah, yes. I believe the rule is that the CS can infer up to four master files. If the plugin is dependant on more than four master files, you must select them all manually.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Bump

whats up with this?

NEENJA
Developer

Post by NEENJA »

With school, I'm really too busy to work on this. Sorry for not doing any work on it yet, but what can I say; I'm lazy. Revoke this, please.

~Mark Twain
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

*BC twitches poaching finger*

I'll snaffle this one when revoked.

Only the odd bit of spell-checking needed here, IIRC. Should be done by this evening.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

It's done.

When the claim is put in my name, I'll upload the file at the top, to avoid confusion.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Revoked due to request, and granted to BC. Upload away, mate.

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Consider it done.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

You did fixes, right, BC?

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Certainly should have done. Why, is there a problem?

It was mostly typos, with the occasional extra bit of dialogue that has been filtered and one new topic. Was there anything other than the stuff in the brief that I was supposed to do?

EDIT: I just redownloaded the file, and yep, that is the correct one. Am I missing something, Haplo?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

No I was simply clarifying for my benefit whether this should go to Reviewing or Finished.

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Oh, right. I dunno. See where the other fixes have gone.

EDIT: Well, all of them are currently in reviewing, so I suppose that's where this should go.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Submitting to Review

Maybe some day I'll have time to do some quest reviewing :-(
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Merged for 2nd round of testing
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3