6-8-Dre

Moderator: Lead Developers

Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Woot, the sooner you get these models to us, the better. :) Please do try to get all textures into DDS format, as all models in OoT are now using DDS. If you have any issue with this, I'll fix it up for you.
welp
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Alright, I've made a list (and uploaded it :roll: ) of known and possible additions made by SirWoot. Find it [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=140432#140432]here.[/url]

Now, about those bittershrubs... currently, the evil-looking-bastard-plants look like [url=http://photobucket.com/albums/y171/PoHaEiFor/?action=view&current=EvilThorns.jpg]this[/url] in my claim, which is different than before (no black spots on the spikes). I'm inclined to think it's a mistake, but I also think they look pretty cool...
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

"You wiki'd my girlfriend?"
~Dexter
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

These?
[url=http://img396.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blackspots0su.jpg][img]http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/1339/blackspots0su.th.jpg[/img][/url]
Any idea at all how it happened?

Also it seems we have alpha blending issues in the Argon Jungle. I am at a loss as to why it happening there, because some of the meshes with the issue appear to be stock Bethesda stuff:
[url=http://img396.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alphaissue8rk.jpg][img]http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/1552/alphaissue8rk.th.jpg[/img][/url]
If they were custom I would have said re-export them using 1-bit alpha but the fact that they are stock has left me stumped.
welp
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Pic 1: No clue how that happened. I know it's an error, but damned if they don't look cooler that way. And by cooler I mean nastier.

Pic 2: If you're speaking about the moss and the little semi-transparent squares around them, that's caused by the mist. I posted about that a few weeks ago.

If your talking about that seemingly strange-colored moss, I don't know. If there's something else wrong in that pic, I can't see it...
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

OK so it is the mist that shows up the squares. What can we do about that? Because it looks kind of unsuitable, tbh. When I had a run through your claim the rectangles really stand out. :(
welp
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Yeah, I know. When I first reported that, Zalz suggested lowering the mist, which I did in a lot of the places, and it seemed to help, at least a little. So, I suppose I need to lower the mist some more... Otherwise, I see only three alternatives:

1) Don't use the bc trees in the mucky areas (I don't like this idea)
2) Take away the mist from the mucky areas (I don't like this idea either)
3) Create new bc trees based off the old ones, except without the moss, or fixed as you suggested (I wonder if anyone else likes this idea...)
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

OK recreating the trees sounds like the best option. How many BC trees are there like these?
welp
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Off the top of my head:

flora_bc_tree_03, 04, 06, 08

I believe 09, 10, and 11 are leafless/dead too, but I don't think they have moss...

[Edit]Damn... 11 is just a stump. I was right on the others, though :D[/Edit]
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

they could have a really long cave complex which ran to an exit north of the jungle
Got it already - makhetosteltashpi, and the khar'vinn caves complex right next to it (which are basically one single, very large interior complex). In making that daedric ruin, I had a pretty strong conviction that the dres would have taken it over to be the main base for most of their slave raids - it's RIGHT on the source of the argomereth river (okay, so I made that name up), which goes pretty deep into the black marsh. the daedric ruin is actually quite compact; it's basically just towers and one large shrine-room (with a few smaller rooms around it) somewhere right below the top-of-cliffs-level. I figured the caves would be much larger, mult-roomed, and probably where they keep most of the slaves. the cave exits into balsan mar itself in two places (one in the cliffs and another in an "abandoned" house), and in two places just northwest of the ruin, both near a plantation.

So yeah, ive got the slave raid stuff mostly covered, but what I think would be interesting is if the slave raiders in your claim were actually outlaws intead of dres officials - hell, you could probably even incorporate that old "outlaw village" idea by having a few nasty criminals live there permanently.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Err... that's good and all, SirWoot, but the thing is, slavers in my claim still need a way to get their slaves out of the jungle, and to potential buyers, without going through the jungle itself. Hence the idea for a cave complex.
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

UPDATED!

Did even more height and texture matching with the northern claim, as well as added some more flora to some of the still incompleted Jungly cells. Also, did some landscaping and preliminary texturing on the western mountain region, a place that was mostly untouched except for a lot of horrid looking placeholder mountains.
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

status please...
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

I've been busy with Map 1 detailing and reviews. I don't think I've touched this since the last update. When Map 1 detailing is done, I can get more focused on this again.
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

And Map 1 detailing is called to a halt just as Finals are starting up. And after finals, I have my Christmas break, with no internet. So, I figure that I'll be able to work on this over the break, but as for right now, I've got too much to do (which is why I've not been posting recently).

Expect to see me back again around early January, but consider this my "I won't be around for a while" post. :P
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Oi. Finals make me cry. Well, good luck on yours at least.
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Yes, yes yes. I have been working on this here and there, and over the break that I had, just in case anyone was wondering.

I've created a dwemer ruin near the river, with moss and vines and the like galore. But I did that fairly recently, and although I distinctly remember working on this over the break, I haven't much of a clue as to what I did on it. Probably small detailing and fixing of things.

I've been busy with 6-26 mostly, though, but I thought I'd post an update onto this one, for purposes of mass grandeur.
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Updated. This version should have no errors working with the latest version of OoT. (All error markers fixed and white terrain replaced)
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

How's it coming?
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

Dropped as per modder request.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Unlocking, please use file above for claiming.
The guar man
Developer

Post by The guar man »

I'll take this claim but i have a few questions...as far as the jungle goes can I add trees where ever as long as they are grouped for the canopy effect...I also wounder if I can add small streams to the main river?..and did they fix the errors with the moss creating squares in the mist?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Yes to the trees, yes to the streams. I'm not sure about the mist problem, I think some of it may have been removed. Terribly sorry for the long wait guar man, this thread never showed up as having a new claim...

Granted
The guar man
Developer

Post by The guar man »

Alright I have to ask do you want me to add the mist in the swamps and change the trees or just remove the the mist all together?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

any updates? any answers to this question?

If you don't post an update in the next week I will revoke this.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

GO AWAY TF, he will not revoke this as he has enough on his plate and knows nothing of my plans.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
The guar man
Developer

Post by The guar man »

No ive been working on it but its been slow just wondering how are the areas around this one coming so i can work with others to coordinate this
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Check the threads of the claims that surround yours for .esp files to download and use as references. If they are WIP files then just keep yours as close as you can to them and finish your claim; once yours is finished they will go by your borders instead of vice versa.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Is this being actively worked on much? If not that's okay, I'll just lock it until all lower map claims are claimed and finished.

The guar man
Developer

Post by The guar man »

yeah srry unfortunately i havent been working on it much lately if u could revoke this plz as im currently in the process of joining the navy and i dont believe ill have much time to work on this after i join.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

revoking and hiding because of map 6's being put on hold for a while.