Map2 and Game Map

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

basenji

Map2 and Game Map

Post by basenji »

Hello...I just recently downloaded both Maps 1 and 2 and can't wait to start exploring. I was able to get Map 1 to appear in the game map using a suggestion from the forums for the Morrowind Code Patch at TEX Nexus. Is there any way to get Map 2 to appear in the game map (other that FPS Optimizer 2.0...which I can't get to work). Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Off to explore Map 1. Thanks.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

You don't need any other patch than the Morrowind Code Patch, as long as you have remembered to check the last option, which is always unchecked.

And are you using the Map 1 included with Map 2? Do so. And remember: borders match up very well, so you won't actually know where the two maps end.
john.moonsugar

Post by john.moonsugar »

I believe that if you start a new game, map2 will appear. It stretches from about level with Tel Aruhn down to the shrine of Azura.

I think the problem is that the map area has already been stored in your savegame. I'm not sure if there's an easy way to update, but if someone finds out, it would be good to know.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

If you update your map with Wrye Mash (be sure to disable grid lines first!), the "watermark" the MCP puts in will disappear, so next time you run Morrowind it'll know the map needs to be rescaled and everything should appear.
basenji

Post by basenji »

My mistake. I thought that the Map2 expansion would wrap all the way around the island. I thought I saw a screenshot of that. I guess I was wrong? Thanks for the help!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Maps 1 through 6 will complete the entire mainland portion of Morrowind. Maps 1 and 2 complete the north eastern region of Mainland Morrowind.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

You can also use the two map scrolls that I made. I guarantee you that they are both dead accurate. Some of the book sellers sell them.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

basenji wrote:My mistake. I thought that the Map2 expansion would wrap all the way around the island. I thought I saw a screenshot of that. I guess I was wrong? Thanks for the help!
You'll need to have Map3, Map4 and Map5 to go all around the island (well, except on the North). Map6 is the deep South, below Map3 and Map4.
basenji

Post by basenji »

Can't wait to be able to explore them all!!! Having a blast with Maps 1&2 already. As soon as I can download the others I'll be the one of the first in line.
Marandahir

Post by Marandahir »

So this isn't in response to the particular original question, which was already answered. But it does deal with the subject of this topic, so rather than create a new topic, I'd like to ask away here.

First: on Map2, instead of regions coming as a free area, each and every quadrant is marked with a town or location marker on the provincial in-game map.

@Aeven, my borders don't match up well at all. There seems to be a terrible gap where you can see "Wilderness" - that empty expanse of water around Vvardenfell - in a crack between the borders of Map1 and Map2. Furthermore, the roads and landscape textures are quite different, and they're on different planes, so it looks quite unprofessional, as if it shouldn't be in public beta yet. In addition, there seems to be two of just about everything in some places, including two copies of creatures and humanoids, but that's offtopic, so for the purpose of this, I'll return to the map. The area map borders are quite terrible, because as the Map1-2 border is very broken. Of course, the provincial map looks just fine.
Faalen
Developer

Post by Faalen »

That sounds to me suspiciously like you're using version 2.0 of Map1 with version 1.0 of Map2. That's a bad idea. The Map2 download includes an updated copy of Map1.esm adjusted specifically for compatibility with Map2. The independent Map1 doesn't work.

Of course, if you are using the bundled copy of Map1, I call shenanigans on your computer; the file has been meticulously and painstakingly fixed by several different people to correct exactly the issues you mentioned.

EDIT: Are you using a pre-beta file you downloaded through the forums? I just realized that you mentioned map markers, which are definitely NOT in ANY public release of these files. If you'd like the professional copy, download the official release from a community mod site.
Q1-77-Tel current progress:
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=266462#266462]Journals 100% done.[/url]
Practical implementation is now underway.
Marandahir

Post by Marandahir »

There may be multiple copies of Map1 used here; and my younger brother got into pre-beta fro Map2, so he probably has a version of it already checked alongside the bundled.

Checking...

I searched through the Data Files and found TR_Map2v.1.esp checked. Assuming this is a VERY early version of Map2, I don't know why it was checked prior to this point. There is now a correct single set of everything. Also, a problem I was having with introductions of superfluous characters being MAP2 ALT BOSARA GREETINGS instead of the random introduction words was fixed by this notion. However, on the provincial map, the location markers are still there, though no TR_2_Boethian_Mountains region or such is listed, it's just a black and blank box. Any way to clear that from the map?

Thanks