q2-6-Mis

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

theviking
Developer Emeritus

q2-6-Mis

Post by theviking »

Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q2-6-Mis (#1837)
Faction: Misc
Parent claim: TR_2-1-Tel (#64)
Claimed by: Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Local map: Map 2 Shacks
Files: TR_q2-6-Mis_Bloodthirsty Crustacean_1.esp; TR_q2-6-Mis_Bloodthirsty Crustacean_2.esp

---

The misc quests for Baldrahn and Hla Bulor. Since both villages are really small, each one will only have 1 misc quest.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Harke the Apostle
Developer

Post by Harke the Apostle »

(1/2) Blind Faith

At the big tree on the road from Hla Bulor a blind Dunmer woman greats you, accompanied by a pack rat.
The woman asks you to guide her to Baldruh (as she needs muck for her eyes). She tells you to follow her instructions. If you do, she says, you can take her amulet as a reward. (she doesn't say she'll GIVE it to you).

Option a).: You follow her instructions, which take you over the road east she tells you to continue until the road goes straight north for a bit and to head north passing the woods on your right hand and then under the Dwemer bridge.
When you're there she stops and says she can make it on her own from there. She then offers you the amulet. If you take it the no longer blind Mabrigash will immediately attack you.
If you kill her the rat will change into a (male) priest who explains he tricked the Mabrigash into putting the blinding amulet on, but not before being turned into a rat. He says if you go to Such And Such of the local Temple, they will reward you.

Option b).: You take her straight to Baldruh without heeding the instructions. On arrival she says that this wasn't the deal and that she's keeping the amulet.

If you kill the blind woman before you start the quest, the priest will also turn back.
If you pickpocket the amulet, the priest stays a rat, but the Mabrigash is unleashed.
If you put on the amulet yourself, it will curse you with blindness.

The Mabrigash has several portions of muck in her inventory already.

TO BE CONTINUED...(with the second quest)
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

Hum... If she could take out the amulet why in the hell was she still blind? That part needs to be bit more well explained, like for example, she don't give you the amulet, instead she says that you can take her amulet of her neck or something... and then have the priest explain that the amulet had a curse that blind her and of course didn't allow her to take it off, and that only in that place, the place where she asks you to take it off, the amulet can be taken, this may be because that was the original place where the priest putted it on her in the first place.

Also there should be a motive for this to be so. like i don't know, she being a witch hunted by the temple or something else.
MAP 3 -> Interiors
Map 3 -> Interior Fixing
Harke the Apostle
Developer

Post by Harke the Apostle »

Code: Select all

A mabrigash is an Ashlander witch-warrior, a renegade wise woman who has forsaken the established rules of behavior for an Ashlander woman to become a master of dark magic and the weapons of war. By secret rituals the mabrigash steals a man's vital essence and makes herself a powerful sorcerer and warrior. The manifestation of her dark power is called a 'ghost snake' that paralyzes and drains a victim's vitality.

The Temple sent the priest after her.
The amulet serves as magical handcuffs. Easy to slip on, very difficult to take off. The priest wanted to take the Mabrigash to the nearest Temple.
The Mabrigash lived either in one of the caves (best option) or in an encampment. She wanted to be in a place where she would be strong enough to break the spell.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

I like this very much. This would be a very fun quest to do. Look forward to seeing your next one.

(Though I'd like to see it more related to the towns themselves - that's what these claims are for. In fact, I think this one'd work better as a wilderness misc. (same location and everything, but it shouldn't be counted as Hla Bulor's one misc.))

Oh, and remember it's Baldrahn, not Baldruh.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Yes, it is a cool quest for a wilderness quest. My plan for the two quests in this claim involved:
-A worker that is actually happy to do some muck-farming in Baldrahn, compared to everyone else who is just sick of it. His nickname is the "smiler".
-An adventurer in Nchazdrumm, who found himself in a more defended ruin than he thought. He asks you to find his friends who are actually already dead. (I already implemented this beginning, but it doesnt necessarely have to become a quest)
-A crazy woman in Hla Bulor who thinks that she's very famous and everyone knows her. Of course noone does, but giving this news makes her incredibly angry to you. So the quest has to involve bringing her this news without setting of the timebomb that her vanity is.

You can claim this if you want, Harke.

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

As this is still the design phase, I might as well throw in an idea. :wink:

[quote=theviking]-An adventurer in Nchazdrumm, who found himself in a more defended ruin than he thought. He asks you to find his friends who are actually already dead. (I already implemented this beginning, but it doesnt necessarely have to become a quest)[/quote]

Quest outline:

The player meets an adventurer in Nchazdrumm. The adventurer asks the player to help him find his friends, who he lost during a fight with the centurions. If the player disagrees the quest ends, while if he agrees the quest continues.

After this it's a pretty standard dungeon crawl up to the point where the player reaches a locked door. The adventurer will forcegreet the player and say that this is where the centurions attacked them, and that he can take if from there. He will reward the player well. As long as the player is in the cell the adventurer will continue standing beside the door, doing nothing.

*When the player reaches this point, the quest is marked as finished.*

The next time that the player comes by, the door will still be locked. If he opens it he will see the adventurer's friends apparently alive and well, though there seem to be a lot of flies buzzing around them. The room itself is full of all sorts of necromantic things. If he talks to the "adventurer" he will say that he is sure that the player wouldn't rat on a good friend. He could also add that they really were his old buddies, and as he hated to see them dead he decided to do something about it. (It doesn't matter whether that's true or not).

*When the player reaches this point, the quest is marked as finished.*

The same thing would happen if the player unlocks the room as soon as he gets there, though in that case the necromancer might just forcegreet him and give him another false story about there having been a large reward offered for the killing of those necromancers and he didn't want to tell the player about it so that he wouldn't have to split with the player and could instead just give the player a smaller amount. He would then offer the rest of it to the player. As the player can then also go to the authorities and get their rewards this version is easily the most profitable.

*If the player doesn't rat on the authorities, this quest is marked as finished.*

Of course, the player can then rat him out to the authorities and he will appear dead on the next visit. the player could have also done it at any other point and the evidence would have been found by the authorities. This would get the player a good bit of money from the Temple and the Imperial Legion.

*This is the only ending in which the quest really is finished. In all of the other ones it can still pick up again.*
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

For Baldrahn:

The smiler

In the muckfarming village of Baldrahn, there is only one person actually happy with working there; Felres Narlis, nicknamed "the smiler" The other workers aren't really pleased with this behaviour and they are a bit jealous. One of the workers (Telis Zamra, who is standing outside) asks you to sabotage his work. You'll need to do this by replacing his muck scraper with a faulty one. (They will be inside a container in Telis Zamra's shack, he gives you the key) Good, you get a very small reward (5 pieces of muck or so) and they next day his work will be sabotaged. When you return to Felres Narlis or Telis Zamra he tells you that nothing happened. Felres tells you, if your disposition is high enough, that he is so happy by reading a poem every day. The other worker wants you to find out this information.
From here, you have two options:
Felres offers a copy of his poem that you can give to Telis Zamra, which will then be also become a happy worker. (by overwriting the dialogue) You can also steal the poem and then Felres Narlis becomes unhappy and the village is dull again. The poem gives you plus one personality or speechcraft.
Last edited by theviking on Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

For Hla Bulor:

The Famous Fraud

In Hla Bulor a dunmer woman lives (Trela Varesi) that thinks she is well-known (she is not) and she screams very loud when someone tells her the truth. The two other men of the village are fed up with this behaviour and the 'hetman' Dolrem Pares wants to do something about it.
He asks you to find out what is bothering her and when you do so she tells you she is waiting on a letter from Lady Trivra Andoril of Llothanis and Golyn Serethi, the guard captain of Tel Mothrivra. After some persuasion she also tells you the contents of the letters: she wanted to invite them to have a dinner with her. After you tell this to the hetman, he is scared because he knows the two nobles probably threw this letter in the garbage bin. He wants to forge the letters but she knows his handwriting so he can't do it himself. He says that there lives a writer in the neighbourhood but he forget who it was, only that looks can be deceiving.
The writer is Hjotir who lives in a rock house to the east; he looks like a Nord barbarian but he enjoys literature. For a small amount of gold he writes two forgeries; Their content is that the guard captain or Trivra Andoril promised to visit her house when they have some time left over from their busy jobs. She is of course thrilled when she gets the letter and calms down. The two other residents of the village are very glad of this and the hetman rewards you with a map scroll of the local area.

(Anyone sees the Hyacint Bouqet reference?)
Last edited by theviking on Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Sounds good (though I don't think you mean megalomaniac - that's someone who's power-crazed?).

Though, I have to say I think this is a little too delusionally bonkers. Would she even know Dral? And would even someone as arrogant as her really invite him round for a tea party?

I think maybe change the person she's asking round to being more of a local figure. (Maybe a famous bandit or something - that could be cool)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Edited the two quests above, if there are no further remarks this will go to quests: unclaimed.

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Perfect, I love these. :)

(Although I think the Hetman should just send you straight to the Nord - in a three person village, you're not really gonna forget names or faces of notable strangers very quickly - especially ones who live in rocks!)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Claim designed.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Claim claimed?
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Claim claimed. Good luck with em.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Quick first run of the first (Baldrahn) quest here. Not yet tested by me, but should be fully playable.

Be aware that the dialogue doesn't take itself entirely seriously, but this is a light-hearted quest. Nothing silly, though, don't worry.

The other one will happen soon(ish).
Attachments
TR_q2_6_Mis.esp
(20.95 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

I'm surprised I hadn't seen this post sooner.
It works very good, BC. I'll wait for both quests to be implemented before I give it a more thorough play through (Not that there are that many ways to screw up playing this quest...).
One thing I did notice is there is no ownership set on the "Muck-stained copy of 'Seasons'", this made it easy for the player to just walk in and take it.
Ah, I also did really like the dialogue. :P I think it fits well with the quest.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Interior Reviews: 168
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Okay, final file up. I think this is all working perfectly. I must say I haven't tested this, because I can't believe anything could go wrong here. But it's my fault if it does. :P

I will give it a check over soon, though.

EDIT: Have tested, picked up a few typos, and made Hjotir directions mildly more accurate. Otherwise, looked fine. New file up top.

Off to reviewing, someone?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Both quests appeared to have run just fine (In theory, there isn't much that can go wrong). No fixing was needed. File is also clean so appears ready for the merge.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Interior Reviews: 168