4-7-Red

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

4-7-Red

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_4-7-Red (#144)
Faction: Redoran
Claimed by: Katze
Files: TR_4-7-Red_Cathartis_1.esp; TR_4-7-Red_Haplo_1.esp

---

Should be mostly Ashlands.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Claim sucks, needs to be redone.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Cells split from map 4 to expedite claiming.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Except, don't use that file because claim needs to be redone from scratch. There was a reason the claim cells weren't cut and uploaded here, TF. Also, remove the river.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

there is only one cell border here that touches an unfinished exterior claim. Unless the 4 finished claims surrounding this one are pending for a revoke (which is entirely possible) then the borders and general land height are of some use.

These claims are just sitting here, even a slight bit of help might be of use for getting people moving.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

It's 6 cells and one of three available claims, I don't think there's much anyone can do to make it more attractive.

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

translating for TF... PLEASE SOMEONE CLAIM THIS
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Claiming. Just to clarify, which claim borders should I keep as-is, and which am I allowed to mess with?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Try to match all the borders. If you see something stupid or something that doesn't make sense, post here and we'll go from there.

Granted.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Not really much done yet, had a couple of non-starts and fuck ups, but I think I'm on the right track now. Deleted the old statics, did some texturing and a small amount of vertex shading.

This file is only really a safe place to store my work while I go back home for Xmas.

Am I allowed to place a cave entrance on the range of hills running north-south?
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Yes. There should be at least 1 interior every 3 or 4 cells. Add any you feel are necessary.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Indeed. Thanks for the update.

Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

One more update before I set off home (I'll carry on modding whilst there, just this place is reliable storage).

That grazelands corner (about 1 cell of 6) is pretty much complete now, just got the dreary task of making all the ashlands cells left to do.

On that front there are some little bits added there, too, and the correct cave entrance has been added for my cave. I'm perhaps thinking of adding a velothi tower to the southern edge on the western side of the range of hills, if that's alright.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

Tea is important.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Adding a tower is good.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

No upload this time, don't see the point, but is changing the central spine of hills to MA instead of AL fine? I want to keep the hills, but AL really isn't suited to tall hills, and MA looks more like ashy mountains anyway.

Tea is important.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Good too see you finally decide on that :P, but if it does strictly require ashland, then keep in mind what I said about the ma textures and the ma sulphur rock (in IRC the other night). Pic below for an idea.

It should be fine to do so, I mean when the map4 claims are properly put together, someone can always clean up any ashland textures on the north and south of this claim.
Attachments
cath mountain blend.JPG
cath mountain blend.JPG (7.59 KiB) Viewed 3969 times
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

I was imagining the mountain tops to be rocky MA as any wind would affect the tops most, and have dusty, ashy AL accumulate in the lower valleys. Anyway, everything west of this claim is the Armun Ashlands as far as I understand it.

Tea is important.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I'm fairly sure that Bethesda had used RM textures for the tops of mountains and ridges in the Ashlands and Molag Amur.

You don't want to use textures in this claim that nobody else in the other claims is going to use, though.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

your the trendsetter cathartis. do what looks right.
Kiteflyer61
Developer

Post by Kiteflyer61 »

I'm currently working on 4-29 which is a small claim on the edge of the same ashlands you are working on. Feel free to (in fact please do) look at my WIP file and let me know what you think. If they are still up when I finish 4-29 I plan to do 4-30 and 4-9 (both at once if I'm allowed) since they border 4-29. If you like how 4-29 looks I can tell you what I used. I haven't done any shading or small statics yet but you can still see how it will look. :)
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt!
"Tis easy enough to be pleasant,
when life flows along like a song;
but the person worth while
is the one who will smile
when everything goes dead wrong."
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

I reckon I'm getting increasingly close to finishing this claim, if anyone would like to download my latest WIP and let me know of anything that looks good, wrong or needs adding, it'd be greatly appreciated =]

Tea is important.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Wow, didn't realise how tiny these claims were at this stage! Maybe I should get into exterioring.

I feel the floor of the western (north) corner could do with a bit more rubble/rocks in the ashland section near the mountains.

The river looks 'strange' though I can't say why. Might be the width, the shallowness or the lack of stuff in it. Dunno, but maybe you're not finished there. EDIT: Oh, Haplo up top is right. There's not meant to be a river in this claim any more.

The path up the hill to the cave should not be two tiles' width, because it will look huge (and also at a slightly funny angle) in game. Make it narrower and more claustrophobic.

Perhaps experiment with RM rocks on the hilltop?

But yeah, very nice work. You've nothing to worry about.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Well this is on the small end of exterior claim sizes, but you should get into exterior work anyway, BC; it's fun and helps you grow as a modder.

But yeah, remove the river. And not even city streets are two tiles wide. I don't have MW on this computer and the internet is spotty on mine, but I'll try to download the claim there and check it out as soon as possible.

RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Okay Cath, lets take a look...

Instead of that AL_Road texture you have upto that cavern, I suggest change it to a texture called "MA_Crackedearth", Its a bit more general used MA/Ash sorta regions and it blends in a fair bit better. Also keep in mine BC said about the width, one space width should be plenty.

Also, Im not a fan of the idea of using RM rocks, and This claim is looking pretty good Cath, so I would really advise against using RM rocks.

Eitherway this is a nice solid start.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

RM rocks would add a lot of much needed variety to the hills, which at present use the exact same MA rock over and over and over again. They would also create a more 'mountainous' look, which I think would be cool. They are certainly not going to make anything look worse.

Haplo, yeah I might make an Exteriors showcase at some point. But, y'know, time is limited. ;)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

I took on some advice from BC, made a few modifications and additions, and I think now that this is finished. Send to reviewing and suchlike.

Tea is important.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Submitting to Review. Glad to see some work done Cathartis :-)
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

I'll get this done quickly after the detailing claim I'm working over now.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: A few floating boulders, texture seams, and minor aesthetic issues.

Comments Its hard to do a natural looking hell/pasture transition, but Cathartis makes a good effort. A nice little slice of igneous goodness in this claim.

Rating 8.8/10
Attachments
TR_4-7-Red_Cathartis_6.esp
(223.73 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Nice claim, but shouldn't this be all ashlands?

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/download.php?id=18085

I could fix this quickly, since I'm currently working on sorting out all the alterations that needs to be done to create the Armun ashlands.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Yah, the northeastern most cell should be slightly less ashlandy than the rest, but still ashlands.

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

its your call nemon - thats an approximation

if youre asking, though, theres prolly a problem
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

It could be fixed easily, Cathartis. Are you up for it? As you see on this map:

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/download.php?id=18085

It's entirely armun ashlands, but bordering a part of 4-45 that's not armun and therefore needs some sort of transition. I just claimed your neighbour 4-28 and will rework it entirely into ashlands but for the northern part bordering 4-45.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Ok, sure I can fix this. Is the non-armun corner of the claim grazelands like my claim is currently, or some other terrain type?

Be kinda sad to see that bit of the claim go, it was my favourite part to make D:

Tea is important.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Cathartis wrote:Ok, sure I can fix this. Is the non-armun corner of the claim grazelands like my claim is currently, or some other terrain type?
Ask Haplo in 4-45, he recently claimed it :) . Edit: At least the old version was GL in that corner, yes...
Cathartis wrote: Be kinda sad to see that bit of the claim go, it was my favourite part to make D:
Luckily I think there are quite a few GL-claims coming up in the near future (unless I claim them all MOAHAHAHAA)...
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I'll keep it Grazelands.

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Okey-dokey, this one is back in Exteriors: Claimed again... have you tried matching it with my 4-28 claim? As long as the ash match I'm happy for now...
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Redone now, send to reviewing.

Added lots more rocks and plants and such, all cells are now over 100 refs, and matched the Grazelands/Ashlands border to match Nemon's 4-28 claim.

Tea is important.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

review time
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Approved