4-3-Red

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Should the path be south or north of the river? I can easily change it, just the drawn map provided with my claim seemed to indicate it was north of it.

EDIT: Actually, Nevermind. Got it. Will sort all this out tomorrow, using files from map 4.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Sorry about the update, I have got around to it yet. The last 2 days have work have been stupidly freaking busy, like just ludicrously, Im honestly exhausted. (I must have loged like 300 jobs over the past 2 days :?)

Anyway Thrig is right about the path Cath, its actaul path works pretty good the way it is, the major problem though, as you would know is just all those statics around that area which make any possible tweaking near next to impossible.

For now I would do as I suggested before, just change statics to the right regional type and once the cells or both our claims are finished we'll take a look together and work over it. Its too difficult otherwise.

Eitherway I'll keep you updated and I'll see if I can upload a WIP soon, I really need to.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I think that it is perfectly reasonable that you match whatever he does like every other claimer who is slower than someone with a claim next to theirs has ever done, rather than wait til the end.

Of course some changes will have to be made to the road, I mean we are adding a river. I didn't mean to suggest it shouldn't be touched, just that the detail existing on the road already was sufficient. (Or I don't now since I have remembered that there is a river right around here :3)
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

I kept the entrance gate and boardwalk that sticks into my claim, but a fair amount of other stuff had to be changed to fit the new section of river (no way was I losing the small dock that I'd added, it looks pretty awesome).

Anyway, it's coming along pretty well, I'll let you know when I have a WIP up that's complete enough to match to. There are a few rocks in your claim around the river that'll need to be removed, as the source of the river used to be directly adjacent to Bodrem (bit further away now).
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

Tea is important.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Hello, please update this thread. Even if you haven't done much it still makes me warm and fuzzy and happy!
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

RelinQ wrote:Eitherway I'll keep you updated and I'll see if I can upload a WIP soon, I really need to.
So where is it? You are required to update every month, and your first update is required to have a file.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Hey there,

Sorry about the delay, I know it should have been up earlier, I'm very aware of it, I'm not near my home computer much due to work.

Well here is my current WIP then, There is still a decent bit of work to go on it. Mainly alot of shading, tidying up of rocks and detailing.

Most of the original rocks along the mountain tops were of very large scale so I've been reducing & adding alot of replacments for better detail.

Once I get all the rocks sorted out, It should be alot more smooth sailing from their onwards.

Anyway I actaully have some spare time tonight so back to 'warm and fuzzy' ext modding. :P
Attachments
TR_M4C3_Structure_Relinq.esp
(350.46 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Have you ever seen any of my dozen or so posts that rant very specifically about naming schemes, and their importance? If the TR_ prefix weren't there I would have NO IDEA this was a TR file, let alone, that it was 4-3-Red. Now I'm going to download this file and hope that I remember what it is for between now and when I open it in the CS.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

(only that it's posted in the fucking thread...)

Map4Claim3, come on... that wasn't that hard :) . RelinQ; remember to read the stuff about naming schemes, they're here somewhere.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

his entire point was that if he doesn't open the file right away he might mistake it for a showcase and certainly not know right away what claim it is for. Please refrain from taking the side of the one who messed up when that person is being lectured in the proper methods of claim naming.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

My entire point is there's no reason to completely change a file name to say essentially the same thing it said before while at the same time adding two confusing and non-important words to the name.

RelinQ: Why have region changes been made to Bodrem?

EDIT: Also, your easterly road suffers heavily from SRS, even before shading.

RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

My mistake on the file name change.

Regional changes huh? :?
Hmm well I've only replaced cliffs and larger cliff face rocks in Bodrem which I clearly checked before hand with proper authority to be okay. I haven't made any changes to ground textures, shading, landscaping or any non-rock/cliff statics that would be consided as a proper regional change.

The only thing I may have updated was a few extra rocks along the cliff face. And considering I checked before, I didnt see that as an issue if thats the area you're refering to.

I will revert it back if need be, but those cliffs and boulders will then need changing again at some point.

- also SRS Roads now fixed
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

My instructions, answering a question RelinQ pmed me, was based on the fact we're changing this entire region into Roth Roryn with a searc-and-replace policy on rock statics. The region concept goes along with changing the statics. What the DO NOT TOUCH-thing includes is messing with landscape, statics and textures. I haven't looked at the WIP yet (too busy with work) so I can't judge whether or not anything beyond that has been done.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

You shouldn't even have asked. Seriously, all caps text should not translate to "ask the HoE if I can do it anyway"

Besides, I think you have every single bordering claim to match still anyway. You have bigger fish to fry.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

RelinQ, revert the cell named Bodrem back to the original state and focus on matching your claim with the neighbouring claims.

We lack some rock statics in GL compared to WG, for instance terrain_rock_wg_06 has no GL counterpart.

:slavedriver:
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Nemon wrote:We lack some rock statics in GL compared to WG, for instance terrain_rock_wg_06 has no GL counterpart.
terrain_rock_wg_06's GL counterpart is TR_terrain_rock_gl_06. I thought I covered all of the terrain_rock_wg rocks when I added the GL counterparts to TR_Data.
Last edited by Haplo on Fri May 07, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Recently added? I can't see TR_terrain_rock_gl_06 in my list. I thought I had the newest file...
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

Strange. I can remember I even had it in the old TR_data.
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Make sure you download both the .esm and the .7z file whenever either is updated, just in case. And I recommend deleting your existing files just before downloading the new ones, so that you don't mistakenly use an old version; this has happened to several people before.

It was added along with the rest of the newer GL rocks I think the update before this past one.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Hi, you're within a week of the 30-day update period!

(shamelessly copying haplo's post since the last time RelinQ posted here was april 29th, even though posts were made up until may 7th)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Thought you might be posting one of those comments soon.

Don't worry, quite aware of the updated need. Its probably about 80-90% finished.

I'll either post a WIP on wednesday night or Thursday morning. Probably Thursday since its my first day off work in over a month and I'll have some time! :D
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

It's Friday morning where you are (thanks, Google!), what happened to the WIP?

Tea is important.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Ya got 17.5 hours to post an update

RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Mosting a WIP up tonight along side of my Int claim as well

This int is about 80-90% done and I'll give all the details on it later tonight.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Okay well here is a long awaited WIP of 4-3,

- Reverted Bodrem back to its booring WG state.
- Gave my file name a proper name this time.

- I've done most of the main RR region along and around the paths, there is still a bit of work to go.
- Added Aditional shading to all paths and most statics
- changed the shape of the paths
- Added additional rocks along cliff ridges and tops.

About 85%-90% done, but there are still a few things that need changing around:

- few pieces of grass and things floating around
- some additional areas I need to add a few mores statics in
- various verticies that need tweaking

- the 2nd bridge via the mountain path is kinda odd and very steep, I may not keep the bridge, not sure.
One of my alternatives is: scatter some reminants of ropes and planks to indicate there once was a bridge there.

Screenshots:
[url=http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/ScreenShot196.jpg][img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/th_ScreenShot196.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/ScreenShot195.jpg][img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/th_ScreenShot195.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/ScreenShot194.jpg][img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/th_ScreenShot194.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/ScreenShot197copy.jpg][img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/th_ScreenShot197copy.jpg[/img][/url]

The last screenshot is my additional mountain path I made.

I can't think what else to say, so just ask away if need be.
Attachments
TR_4-3-Red_Relinq_2.esp
(366.92 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Did you make sure you could walk up that path normally?
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Normal paths yes, perfectly.

Mountain paths yes, fine as well. however 50+ acrobatics might be needed. (I'll tweak it a bit more to make it easy to get up and down.)

Any opinions on the bridge?
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

You need to make it so we don't need 50+ acrobatics.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

RelinQ wrote:Normal paths yes, perfectly.

Mountain paths yes, fine as well. however 50+ acrobatics might be needed. (I'll tweak it a bit more to make it easy to get up and down.)

Any opinions on the bridge?
Mountain paths should be accessible to the noobiest of them all. Cosmetic and/or hidden areas which is not part of the common road however, could include such areas where a higher level of acrobatics/potion of rising force is required.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Those rope bridges look kinda crappy when rotated upwards.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Wow crap, I accidently uploaded the wrong version on the top of thread details area. :?

(If you download the esp from my comment up the page it should be fine)

Anyway uploaded TR_4-3-Red_Relinq_2.esp to their now as well.

Ideally Nemon that path is meant to be more for more experienced players, there is actaully a little something hidden in the mountains :wink:

I'll make the mountain path generally more accessable and I guess I'm removing the bridge. I never intended it to be so high, but I couldnt find a better bridge.

I'll see if I can change the rock layout around to reduce the height and angle of the bridge.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hi this needs an update within 6 days or it will be revoked.

RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Have been working on this atm, Almost finished.

Will upload tonight. (Edit: Already Uploaded)

Sorry if its a tad late AGAIN, the End of Financial Year hasnt exactly been the most practical time for modding, for myself.

Details:

- Just been touching up extra bits of shading around rocks, and cliff faces.

- Addition rocks around cliff bottom edges to give a more smooth transition

- Adjusted mountain path to accomodate for more novice players with a low acrobatics skill.

EDIT:
I've left in that other bridge still just so I can keep it as a quick template for myself. going to build another "broken bridge". In its place.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Same goes as I mentioned in my other claim:

Barely touched this at all, been severely ill for two weeks.

Will see about uploading a WIP sometime this week.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Any news on that WIP file?

RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Okay well this is probably the first time I've looked at the forum since the 18th.

I'm slighty better now, I'll try and up something by tomorrow night
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

We really need that WIP file.

RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Alright Done, please submit for reviewing

Sorry about the delay here, there really wanst a great deal left to fix the last time I uploaded a WIP, but recent illness unfortunatly delayed this once again... :?

Anyhow:

- Fixed the Mountain path, anyone should be able to get along most of it.
- fixed up alot of sharp vertices along paths and edges.
- tidied a few parts of shorelines
- hid some rock seems and floaters
- covered up the top of an ugly cliff face in (-12,20)

I'm pretty pleased with the overall outcome of this.

(Note: Bodrem, obviously still looks the same and any rocks within that cell will be replace or fixed by whomever is granted this town claim.)
Last edited by RelinQ on Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Thank frig for that. Sending to reviewing.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Approved.

Please add doors to houses/shacks. The exterior isn't complete until that is done. Next time please follow instructions (ie don't touch Bodrem until someone says you can touch Bodrem); the fuss wasn't because you updated the town's region, but that you did so under instructions NOT to.