4-38-Red

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Is Verarchen being changed at all, or just having a region switch? (this is assuming that the claim is being opened up at some point for a region change.)
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Just region changes.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Reopened: This claim needs to be updated to the latest regions for Map 4. Nomadic1 has dibs on this claim since it was his originally.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Someone else can have at it.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

What region is this town meant to be in? Velothi Mountains?

Eitherway could we please get a map up of this if possible?

Thank you.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

considering this entire claim is just velothi mountains...
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Claim? Just region changes I imagine, general fixes and detailing and such. Not sure if it needs any more description than that.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Correct. Granting!
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Updation. Currently working on defining the VM/AI border, and search/replacing rocks.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

Tea is important.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Is there a definite tree set that should be used for the Velothi Mountains region, or can I just use whatever trees the region borders?

Blending AI in with the RM rocks is coming up with some quite pretty results, and I'm getting the feeling that pine trees should only really exist in the colder regions of Morrowind, and the parts of the mountains that are close to passes (like Kragenmoor).

Tea is important.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

I know how you feel actually, this part of VM I have is rather a different transition as well.
I reckon you could probably use some of the less appealing trees from the WG tree set.

flora_tree_wg_04
flora_tree_wg_05
flora_tree_wg_08

I don't entirely know what your particular region looks like, but see how those play out.

We've already used the odd WG trees in parts, but I'd really like to see what you can come up with :).
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Updated. Should be coming close to being finished soon.

Tea is important.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Finished, sending to reviewing.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Some aesthetic things I changed, pretty minor (changed the road texture through Verarchen) and fixed some oddities around the town like floating lanterns. Pretty good overall. Still a bit of jagged terrain on the hilltops. It's harder to make these smooth, and usually you won't want to fully, but in some cases you might want to use large rocks instead.

Comments Very good, I like combination of terrain sets and would like to see what else people come up with the two. It's not something we have experimented with much yet.

Rating 8.5/10
Attachments
TR_4-38-Red_Cathartis_3.esp
(371.73 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Hey man, just had to chip in and say how nice Verarchen looks. Really great!

(I would like to point out however that your two-tile-wide roads out of town seem really really wide! Is that normal practise? I thought normally roads were just one tile)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Approved.