Velothi Interior Showcase and MWportfolio

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Ashstaar
Developer

Velothi Interior Showcase and MWportfolio

Post by Ashstaar »

OK, here is my showcase. I have been a member of TR for quite some time but never really got involved or contributed anything. I have modded for myself a lot but never released anything either. Seeing how things are turning out here now I have decided to make this post. The work I am seeing on the Dres stuff is really looking good. And as work on that part of the world may start soon? I would enjoy working on that. So...my showcase is a Velothi house interior. Two floors, 3x3. The MW portfolio contains pics of clothing, armor, tapestries, hair, and a couple misc. static items. Not new meshes, though I did edit some of the meshes in blender. There are: Dres clothing, armor, tapestries. Redoran ceremonial armor, tapestries. Telvanni wizard garb(based on concept art of MW). Imperial clothing(from an unused texture on the CS disk), and some other stuff. Some of the Dres stuff uses Nalin's armor and textures(hope that's ok). Also there are some other textures from TR. All credit for those goes to whoever made them. Most of the other textures are from morrowind but edited by me. So, have a look. Hope you like it.
Attachments
TR_showcase_house_velothi.ESP
The ESP only.
(11.14 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
MWportfolio2.rar
The ESP is in the portfolio.
(6.46 MiB) Downloaded 168 times
Talias
Developer

Post by Talias »

I'm not a reviewer, but I looked at your interior, and I have to say it's quite good. It's well cluttered and meets the showcase requirements. There is a few floaters and bleeders though.

Clean: yes
Northmarker: yes
Lightning values: yes (although it's a bit too dark)
Style mixing: no

misc_com broom_bleeds
wooden staff floats
tr_misc_stn_jug don't rest properly on rope x2
com_sack_03_saltrice_10 bleeds
netch_leather_boots doesn't rest properly on ground

Table:
misc_com_redware bowl floats
misc_com_redware_cup floats
ingredient_comberry_01 floats

Shelf:
misc_com_bottle_04 floats
misc_de_pot_redware_03 floats

Comments: the entrance door is in wrong direction and don't match the provided shell's door direction.

I have probably missed something, but anyhow you will need to wait for someone to do a real review.
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Thanks for the feedback Talias. Appreciate it. Will look into fixing those things. POST EDIT: OK. Here is a fixed ESP. (As for the boots, they don't seem to sit properly any other way so I left them as is for now.)
Attachments
TR_showcase_house_velothi.ESP
(11.14 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Talias
Developer

Post by Talias »

I looked at the new file and you have indeed fixed everything, also I didn't notice any new problems. You should wait for a reviewer to look at your interior and either find something to nit-pick about or promote you, hopefully the latter.
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

If you found everything to be in order, Talias, then you can recommend this person for interior modding. Then TF will final review it. A reviewer does not have to review this file, any TR modder is fine.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I'd bleed the sack in the upstairs closet a little bit more
netch_leather_boots float on one end, but no one would see that on the floor
Dining table has a few things that lack slope matching, but nothing obvious which is the important part.
wow our wickwheat model looks terrible

All in all, a good job Ashstaar. Also Talias, as Samir said, modders can review showcases. Feel free to take the reviewer test as well.

Member Promoted for Interiors

If you have any questions, ask them here, or PM me or Cathartis.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

Congratulations, welcome to the team! :D
Talias
Developer

Post by Talias »

Congratulations on the promotion.
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Thanks for the comments, feedback, and promotion! Glad to be a part of TR.
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Here are files of some of the clothing items I've put together. Most are made for House Dres but could be used elsewhere. There is NO ESP FILE so you will have to put them together by body part name.
Attachments
MWstuff_pck1.rar
(3.33 MiB) Downloaded 182 times
collage2.jpg
(182.74 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
collage1.jpg
(306.73 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

EDIT: Sorry >_< I forgot to look at time stamps O_o.
"*Sips Coffee*"

"The only sure way of taking over the world without your plans being ruined at the eleventh hour by some nosy kid... steal everyone's shoes..."
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I the ideas so far!

Are some of those hairstyles new? I don't think I've seen them before.
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

These clothes look very good indeed.
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Thanks for the comments! Glad you seem to like them. Here are other pics of stuff. Will add the files for some of the other items at some point for use. Yes, the hairs are "new".(though 2 are someone else) I edited some original hairs in Blender and some of the other items also. Will possibly make more sometime. I hesitate to put the Dres War Robe up for it uses textures made by Nalin here at TR. But I claim no credit for them. But had to use them for the robe. If Nalin says OK then I will if they're wanted. :)
Attachments
dres_war_robes.jpg
(391.48 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
telvanni_wizard_garbs.jpg
(308.12 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
redoran_cere_garbs.jpg
(213.74 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
collage5.jpg
(621.88 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
collage4.jpg
(335.36 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
collage3.jpg
(254.6 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Not sure about the flags or the capes, but the Dres outfit looks tremendous as do some of the clothes in your earlier post. Also the Imperial costume.
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Yeah, the capes and flags was more of an experimental thing. OK concept I thought but hard to execute well. Glad you like the other stuff.
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Well, here's another pic. Indoril shield, an "Elder Scrolls Legends: Redguard" type Imperial Cuirass/shirt and some Sanguine inspired items. Also another pack of files. Contains most of the items in the pics from the previous post and this one. And here are the Dres War Robes version 1(Nalin said he didn't mind if I post them using one of his textures). I might try a few more types and post them later.
Attachments
MWstuff_pck2b.rar
(3.13 MiB) Downloaded 167 times
collage6.jpg
(221.34 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
dres_robes.rar
(763.34 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Looks nice, but instead of making a bulk of models I should focus on the texturing side of things. Making 1 265x265 uvmap of a robe lets you put in a lot more detail then adding a some parts of already done vanilla/tr textures and smack them together. It has a lot of potential but don't want to finish things to quickly.
--Mwgek--
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

OK, here is another version of the Dres War Robe. Has better belt texture and different bottom. Not sure I can do what you say MWgek. I'm just working off a tweaked "vanilla" mesh. Not an expert.
Attachments
dres_war_robe.rar
(332.77 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
dres_war_robe3.jpg
(191.22 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Holy fuck these are some nice robes. All your stuff is amazing, in fact. The only thing that strikes me as a bit odd is the flags on the Telvanni robe, they look fine on the Redguard robe though I'm a bit concerned they might look weird when animated. Do these include first-person meshes and icons? Most of this stuff looks like it should be in TR_Data asap. Great work.
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Thanks Why. I appreciate that. Yes, everything should be playable and included in the files. If anyone notices something missing or not working right let me know.