q1-73-Mis

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I think he might have meant Theo's plug-in
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Haplo wrote:I think he might have meant Theo's plug-in
Yes, I did mean that. Wanted to edit my post to clarify, but I couldn't, and figured it'd resolve itself.
MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

What an awesome bunch of quests! Nice job, team.
"Thank you to the Makers of Rules. To the Breakers of Backs. To the sincere Autocrats. To the false Democrats. To the Builders of Walls. To the Painters of Lines. To those who Tattoo Numbers. To those who point fingers. To those who count their greed. To those who split by colour. To those who smile their lies.

Thank you so very much."
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

I am sorrr, but I do not have the file anymore due to my computer collapse. If it is not downloadable forums, I am afraid it is lost forever :(

Hopefuly the interior should be accessible from here: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21232&highlight=interior+molag+bal
THEO
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Thanks for the link, downloaded the interior. Shame the NPCs are lost, but at least the architecture seems to be accessible.
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

These Malog Bal quest ideas look really good. I've had an interesting idea on a fun way to wrap up this quest line.

The quest is called
Fear of the Dark.

Tou'll be given the opportunity to become a champion of fear for Malog Bal. You will be given a drug to send you a nightmarish hell world, where you will be tested on your capacity for terror and evil. Some very evil tasks will be required to finish this quest.

Upon completion you will be given a power
"Terror of Malog Bal"
Which will make all enemies within a certain radius flee.

Enclosed is a rough outline of my quest plan *WIP
As well as concept interior idea for the quest itself *Also WIP

Take a look and please offer any thoughts.

Cell is "TR_MBTest"

Also, if your interested in knowing, my original inspiration for this quest idea came from a song. Check it out if you wish!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsR_eQc7_cA
Attachments
Fear of the Dark.ESP
(9.46 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
FEAR OF THE DARK.txt
(2.41 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
Mourn for us oppressed in fear
Chained and shackled, we are bound
Freedom choked in dread we live
Since Tyrant was enthroned
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Hey Tyrant!

First off, good for taking a look at this!

I read your quest idea, and besides you spelling Molag Bal wrong consistently it seems good. I'm not too sure I like the consequence of rejecting the drug though. Why would they throw you out? I can't imagine every member having to go through this to be honest.

As for the actual interior: I think some of our excellent interior makers could make a truly fitting one (here's looking at you, Andres!), possibly with an exterior-as-interior setting and making it truly bizarre and nightmarish.
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

[Lord Andres Indoril does not even try to hide avoiding Aeven's stare...]

I did not read the quest file, but just feel the need to mention that the quest name and you mentioning inspiration from a song made me expect you to link Iron Maiden, not Black Sabbath. Quite a twist there.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Aeven wrote: I can't imagine every member having to go through this to be honest.
First off, thanks for the input. As far as the rejecting the drug thing, this isn't an "every member" kind of quest. I had this more in mind as a final or near-final quest, where the stakes would be much higher. You're either in or out at this point, and perhaps it's enough of a secret that if you don't accept the quest then they don't want to chance having their secrets getting out. Either way, its not that important, they don't have to kill you upon quest denial. I just felt it would offer some good insight into their evil and psychotic nature.
Aeven wrote: As for the actual interior: I think some of our excellent interior makers could make a truly fitting one (here's looking at you, Andres!), possibly with an exterior-as-interior setting and making it truly bizarre and nightmarish.
Yes I agree, also keep in mind what I uploaded was just a concept interior for the type of setting I had in mind. That was literally slapped together during my 3 hour split shift at work. I just wanted to emphasize the creepy dark house, with a spooky basement, which leads to a cave, and then a deadric ruin etc.

I'm getting a good idea of where I want this quest to go, but I'd like to run this by with whoever is still managing this quest line, and make sure it's coordinated properly. I'm already fleshing out the quest-line part of this, I'd like to implement a decent amount of lore into this as well to give the player an opportunity to learn alot about MB and such, provide a bit more immersion into the quest.

Feel free to offer any insight or suggestions. Thanks
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Also, for the "exterior-as-interior" setting you mentioned. I was already thinking that, but is there a way to have a specific weather setting (eg: thunderstorm) on the first level of the house, and then as you descend into the basement, and even the cave itself for the ambient weather to change? I feel that would give a good sense of descent for the player if they stopped hearing the storm when they entered the basement. Or would creating a separate interior be the only way?
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

First off: edit your post.

But you can script it so the weather changes upon entering a certain area or doing something different.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Moving this out of the way. We'll need to discuss if we want to go ahead with this or not.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I vote no
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

The thing is, if I remember correctly the Ranyon Ruhn Temple questline that kind of leads into this is sorta good. I do have to go and actually replay that though.

All in all, this could be a nice questline if we change the plan dramatically, but if that's all there is, I'd rather hold off on this until more pressing matters have been dealt with.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Although I have invested so much into this questline, it is a childern of old TR, where there was little to no coordination on quest planning. I would say go ahead and trash it.
The temple questline, as far as I remember it, was also nothing special at least in gameplaying terms. Deliver this message, fetch this, kill random guy. It would perhaps be a best idea to rewrite it.
THEO
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

FWIW, Tyrant's quest (as far as I can tell by the text file) is basically a carbon copy of Skyrim's Molag Bal quest, so I don't think we need it. No offense; you've done better, Tyrant.

I haven't read through the 6 pages of discussion preceding it, but the txt file in post #1 doesn't look very much like an implementable quest outline. I assume this has been improved in later posts, though.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

The plans are actually sort-of sound and workable since they've been improved in later posts. But I don't want us to work on joinable Daedric cults right now, so I'm going to move this back to my private HoQ-cave and sit on it for a while.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Guess what.

Hemitheon just logged in, answered my dusted PM and sent me his brilliant interior for the cultist HQ.

Whether the cult will be joinable or not in the end, it can still figure out in some temple quest or be just a regular dungeon to explore. It would be a waste to not implement or lose this outstanding piece of work.

[...]

But I cannot attach the file in this forum :-/
THEO
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I must have missed the meeting where we decided we had to use something just because it was awesome.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Probably worth looking at regardless. Then we can use it if it's suitable for anything, surely?
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.