TR_Mainland up to SE 1.2 (now obsolete!)

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Leon, thank you for the work you've done thus far. However, I cannot stress enough the importance of asking TF or myself whether it is okay for you to start making changes to TR_Mainland directly. Not doing that threatens every change you make with invalidation, because the leaders of the project are not aware of the scope of what you are doing, or how the content will be changing. This goes for everyone.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

But did you ask first?
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

When I wrote this, I was thinking of "someone else" who has already done Mainland changes, like Haplo or Nemon. Anyway, I haven't yet found any bugs introduced by Leon, while I have seen a large number of bugs being fixed by Leon (some of them contestable in the sense that most people wouldn't see them even if they were told the coordinates; but Leon's changes didn't make things worse), so in hindsight his edits weren't exactly a bad idea. And the detailing Leon did to the Firewatch Guild of Fighters was pretty nice (Leon, please don't be shy and mention things like this in your changelog), so I think it was a good job.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I'm not saying things didn't work out in this circumstance, I am just trying to drive home the point that protocol needs to be followed.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

It does appear that arvisrend's request was pretty vague; it looked like he was asking for anyone under the sun. And Leon's work on TR_Mainland has been good so far, like arvisrend says. But like TF says, we have a chain of command for editing the master file, and it is important for us to follow that in the future for the reasons I mentioned above.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

New file up: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/83265276/TR_Mainland.7z .

As usual, use the newest Data from OoT.

The door out of Nassurdanami is now linked (bug reported in http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=307577#307577 ). In the cave itself, leveled creatures replaced by non-levelscaled ones (though technically still leveled lists, since they should respawn; or should they not?).

Trelo Ancestral Tomb and a few other places de-levelscaled.

Sevenas Ancestral Tomb now has loot ("spirit of indoril" shield from vanilla; it's protected by a tough skeleton) and is de-levelscaled.

Gilynth Ancestral Tomb now has more loot (amulet of rest, amulet of health, feather belt; all from vanilla and protected by two medium-tough skeletons) and is de-levelscaled.

Bethrimo Ancestral Tomb de-levelscaled; also, added some silver/enchanted weapons (nothing even remotely expensive) to make sure that the player isn't trapped in a tomb with creatures he can't hit. Exception: marksman. (I don't know how many arrows are needed; anyway I assume that any archer knows at least one melee weapon skill well.) Also, put a bonelord near the entrance to warn the player.

NPC TR_m1_Vonak_Limonith (a spell merchant) no longer has auto-calc stats. Same for TR_m1_Nilena_Othril and TR_m1_Tirele_Edri. Also, increased their mercantile.

Some NPCs in Norem had leveled armor ranging from steel to daedric. Replaced by static stuff (only the cuirass is daedric now, but that's guaranteed; the rest is nordic mail or worse).

Also fixed the following:

Terrain_rocks_WG_04 Sacred Lands Region (44,-14) 365320 -109724 974 "casper"

Terrain_rocks_WG_04 Sacred Lands Region (45,-14) 369023 -107042 1302 "casper"

adamantium_claymore Boethian Mountains (27,5) 226036 48146 1785 "maybe a bit too good? add an ancestor ghost (greater) to guard it"

terrain_rock_gl_01 Alt Orethan Region (27,-19) 222929 -153155 858 "microcaspering microrock"

flora_grass_03 Alt Orethan Region (26,-19) 218350 -154804 1063 "floats"

terrain_rock_gl_05 Alt Orethan Region (26,-19) 214874 -152779 780 "floats"

flora_kreshweed_02 Alt Orethan Region (26,-19) 217385 -150319 893 "bleeds through tree"

flora_hackle-lo_02 Alt Orethan Region (24,-18) 199202 -145347 882 "floats"

flora_wickwheat_01 Alt Orethan Region (24,-18) 199279 -145587 794 "fooats"

terrain_rock_bc_17 Inlet Bog (23,-18) 194192 -140381 2015 "casper"

Terrain_rocks_GL_02 Alt Orethan Region (24,-17) 197222 -138681 797 "casper"

terrain_rock_wg_12 Mephalain Mountains Region (38,-6) 318924 -42651 3217 "caspers"

Leon's report: Sailen (37, -16 ) "EX_MH_building_08" 309191 -126542 427 "caspering, underneath"
Nerano
Developer

Post by Nerano »

I'm sorry for asking, it's not my business, but do you (arvisrend, Leon) communicate via IRC or something else outside the forum? I'm worried because the two last updates were uploaded within a short time, and I'm wondering if you both did not work on the same file in parallel...
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Yes, we communicate by IRC. When one of us is working on the file, he changes his nick (say, "X") to "X|mainland".
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

- The stairs in Ayemar now have the same size; first they were smaller than other stairs which would made it difficult to walk on.
Made an alternative for these when updating ind models... Dunno if that is something you could use. Stair 5/6 or something. I removed the back endd of the stair on that model. Don't know if that got it's way into data tho.
--Mwgek--
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Also, the TR_ex_ind_Balcony has no collision and actually should be, to prevent players of falling down this balcony.
It has, but I prop didn't check it enough. Will upload a new model shortly. The stair model is in the framerate etc thread on the internal forum, where I uploaded the bulk of IND models.
--Mwgek--
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Im actually not a big fan of invisible barriers in a game like this. I think players should be given the option to clumsily plumit to their demise, or high acrobatics players jump down to a roof below. Is it an option to perhapse place an actual railing?
Mourn for us oppressed in fear
Chained and shackled, we are bound
Freedom choked in dread we live
Since Tyrant was enthroned
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

Anonymous wrote:hhhmmmm...... errors are now harder to find....
When Leon can't find any errors, then that probable means that there aren't any. :D
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
Mortimer
Developer

Post by Mortimer »

Maybe its just me, but the Indoril Bonemold boots (Chuzei I believe they're called) icon doesn't really match what they are. On my screen they look more like gauntlets rather than boots laying flat.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Data is not included; [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_Data.esm]download it from OOT if you don't have it yet[/url].

No more blighted scribs (from in_egg_scrib_* and in_egg_all_* leveled lists) on Mainland. Also, leveled lists for weapons and armor in Norem removed (they were unused since my last edit already, and they're worthless; boss loot like Daedric armor does not belong on a leveled list).

Fixed pathgrid in Bthangthamuzand (it formerly had several components with no connections between, as doors were locked; now the doors are unlocked and all it did is confusing the AI). Fixed the corresponding quest (Factory of Strife) in a few places according to Theo's comments.

De-levelscaled Lliryn Ancestral Tomb. Most of the tomb should now be doable in early/midgame, but the locked room with the artefact gauntlets has tougher enemies. (Formerly, all creatures were from one and the same catch-all levlist.)

De-levelscaled Maryon Ancestral Tomb.

De-levelscaled Anthelasa Ancestral Tomb and added 1 more enemy.

A few minor script optimiziatons. In some cases, there were better places to put a "set TR_map to 1" in than an "if ( TR_map != 1 )" block. (For instance, if a script on an NPC disables this NPC the very first frame in which it runs, you can put the "set TR_map to 1" into the same block as the "disable". Just make sure that it doesn't fire every single frame.)

Commented out a few unused scripts.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Data is not included; [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_Data.esm]download it from OOT if you don't have it yet[/url].

Renamed the "Thunderstrike" weapon that does NOT belong to the witch quest as "Thundersong". Yes, it had a Sound enchantment.

The "Tribunal Temple: Dead Marshes" quest got a couple of fixes: First, dialogue is now (semi-)correct if you kill the two necromancers before finding the ordinator. Second, Reynard attacks you if you assault Sabine. (This didn't happen before, because GetAttacked apparently doesn't work well on creatures. Replaced it by a GetHealth check.) Third, if you somehow have managed to kill only 1 of the 2 necromancers and then talk to the ordinator, he will help you fight the other one (this formerly didn't work because the StartCombat instruction for the already-dead necromancer confused him).

Also, done some things with "Factory of Strife", but couldn't be bothered to test it seriously afterwards. The only test I've done shows that the fight in the ruin is now extremely hard due to pathgrids being connected. Yes, really. The fight used to be balanced only because enemies were running against walls. I assume we should do something about it, but I'm fed up with that quest.

Dialogue reply edited, please check grammar and semantics:

"Our client summoned a winged twilight, Daedric servant of Azura, but it broke free of his control. The daedra ran off out of town to the northeast, up the northern road at the fork east of town, and took his staff with it. Saruse tracked it to the cave of Galseah, but the daedra inside were too much for him to handle. Your job is to kill this twilight and return the staff to Saruse. Be wary -- winged twilights are dangerous creatures. We don't want this thing harassing travellers, so deal with it promptly."

Also, some moron in the Telvanni Library no longer talks about a Dragon Nest Inn somewhere in a tree.

All plaguebearer mummies (except those in TR_data levlists) replaced by normal mummies. Same for plaguebearer ghosts. (On behalf of Adanorcil, but I agree completely.)

De-levelscaled Falanos Tomb, Llarethi Ancestral Tomb and Endrovel Ancestral Tomb. Added some loot to the latter (two amulets of low usability: slowfall and shield).
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

arvisrend wrote: "Our client summoned a winged twilight; a Daedric servant of Azura, but it broke free of his control. The Daedra ran off out of town to the northeast, up the northern road at the fork east of town, and took our client's staff with it. Saruse tracked it to the cave of Galseah, but the Daedra inside were (were? was? he summoned *a* winged twilight but now there are multiple Daedra?) too much for him to handle. Your job is to kill this twilight (Now we're back to one individual Daedra.) and return the staff to Saruse. Be wary--winged twilights are dangerous creatures. We don't want this thing harassing travelers, so deal with it promptly."
Fixed. Emphasis mine.

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

The cave is full of Daedra already--so, yes, there are multiple. Is this confusing?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

A bit confusing, since you are talking about an individual Daedra, then all of a sudden multiple Daedra, and then back again to an individual Daedra.

In that case, I would mention that the winged twilight fled to a cave full of other Daedra, which is why the summoner had trouble taking care of the problem. Your job is to go kill the winged twilight and any other Daedra that get in your way.

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Data is not included; [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_Data.esm]download it from OOT if you don't have it yet[/url]. It is imperative to use the newest (26 Aug 2012) version of Data.

Stuff added:

"Helnim, Tel Narrusa: Lord's Laboratory": a sack with moon sugar and a chest with potions, both in a niche near the ceiling (only reachable with levitation).

"Yashazmus, Outer Halls": corpse and Dwarven crossbow of accuracy near the upper exit (only reachable with levitation).

Shasharanit: corpse, book ("Bloody End"), steel crossbow of ghostlight and amulet of precision in a niche reachable only by levitation. (That archer must have run out of arrows.)

Baelkashpitu: Amulet of Daydene's Panacea near ex_dae_ruin_entry.max (23,17) 191601 143546 629, reachable only by levitation.

Bthangthamuzand: dwrv_chest00_common and Crossbow of Evanescence, near ex_dwrv_pipe10 (32,-3) 265380 -20884 5418, reachable only by levitation.

Thelaro Ancestral Tomb: Amulet of frost under one of the contain_corpse10_silent's butt (scnr). Reachable only by levitation. Also: Ring of aversion under another contain_corpse10_silent's finger. Again, reachable only by levitation.

Ernaberinsu, Upper Level: Steel Battleaxe of Precision behind in_mold_rock_05 at 5481 5469 14658.

Quest rewards modified:

Religious Inquiry (Sailen): + amulet of Daydene's Panacea.

Stranded (Temple quest near Sailen): + ring of falling second barrier.

Fighters Guild: Tainted Goods Revisited (Helnim): + silver spear of retribution.

Fighters Guild: Mission of Mercy (Helnim): + ring of falling second barrier.

In the Tel Mothrivra "Gone to Ground" quest, added a pointer to where to find an Almsivi Intervention scroll:

"I fear we cannot give you a scroll offhand, but I know of several merchants in Necrom and Akamora who produce and restock on them. You will be repaid the price." (This is told by an ordinator who is highly interested in you obtaining such a scroll asap.)

In the "Avenge the Knights" quest, replaced

"After meeting the Knights again in the Red Drake inn of Helnim, they gave me some gold for helping them."

by

"The knights have rewarded me when we met again in Helnim's Red Drake Inn."

Also, the first journal stage is now

"Outside the cavern of Galseah, I have met two adventurers. They were the only survivors in a group that was set to defeat the Daedra worshipers inhabiting the cavern. They seemed anxious and shy; the townspeople of Helnim, too, were mostly skeptical of their abilities."

Script TR_m2_q_4_SorenDremora no longer has DremoraMove variable (it was completely useless).
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

arvisrend wrote:
"Outside the cavern of Galseah, I have met two adventurers. They were the only survivors in a group that was set to defeat the Daedra worshipers inhabiting the cavern. They seemed anxious and shy; the townspeople of Helnim, too, were mostly skeptical of their abilities."
Can't I get this journal entry without ever speaking to townspeople of Helnim about these adventurers?
THEO
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Theo wrote:
arvisrend wrote:
Can't I get this journal entry without ever speaking to townspeople of Helnim about these adventurers?
Yes, you're right. I just paraphrased the entry; this bug was there always and apparently noone noticed it before.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

I would just suggest removing the last sentence in the next fix. Moreover, it is not optimal if the journal tells player how to feel about or evaluate game information, if it is not essential for quest progression. We should give players some credit.
THEO
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

I'd like to keep the "they seemed anxious and shy" part because one of them doesn't even talk to you and the other one is stuttering all the time. But yeah, we can throw out the opinion of Helnim's folk.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Data is not included; [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_Data.esm]download it from OOT if you don't have it yet[/url]. It is imperative to use the newest (26 Aug 2012) version of Data.

Stuff added:

"Teriviel Ancestral Tomb": two ornate chests with ingredients resp. fine ingredients in one of the wall niches with a brazier (see [url=http://i.imgur.com/iKi5Y.jpg]picture[/url]). Also, the monsters have been de-levelscaled.

Removed a Flora_BM_grass_05 from the Mephalain Mountains (it was bleeding with stuff anyway). Am I seeing it right that BM grass doesn't belong anywhere on the east side of Mainland?

Half a dozen flaters/bleeders fixed, including what hopefully are Tyrant's "floating whickwheat" ( Batch of floating "wickwheat" at X 226416.49 Y - 900.89 ).

BTW, can whickwheat bleed into the ground?

A few NPCs now sell scrolls of falling barrier.

Global script TR_m2_q_14_Tracker no longer runs every frame until the player has talked to every NPC in Verulas Pass, but is started from dialogue and dies after 1 frame.

Simplified the TR_m2_q_5_NPCMove* scripts a bit. Some quest bugs reported by Malchik corrected.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

arvisrend wrote:BTW, can whickwheat bleed into the ground?
Wickwheat is a plant, no? So the base should bleed into the ground.

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Well, I meant bleeding hard, in a way that the lowest leaves are completely underground.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Preferably all the tips of the wheat should be above ground.

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_Data.esm]Current version of TR_Data.esm needed![/url].

q2-27 has been merged in. q2-28 not yet, but soon to follow.

Harru Cavern (aka the missing int near Windmoth) is now linked both ways (used to be linked from the inside only, whence the "missing"), and the door has been changed to one that doesn't look like a BM cave door.

Fixed some more bugs from my betacomments. Leon, good work fixing cell 23, -5; I had that on my todo list.

tes3cmd's new beta now finds misplaced pathgrid points (isolated notes, to be concrete). I have killed them in 10 cells out of a total of 140. Will continue with my next edit (which is going to be soon, but now I'm taking a break).
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_Data.esm]Current version of TR_Data.esm needed![/url]

Fixed a dialogue bug in q2-27 and added negative moddisposition consequences to the Amiro3 quest.

Some more landscape and pathgrid bugs fixed. Not all things reported by tes3cmd are bugs (sometimes a grid point with 0 edges makes sense, but it's the exception, not the rule), but it found a lot of bugs, including a home in Necrom where most pathgrid points were off track.
Mortimer
Developer

Post by Mortimer »

I don't want to come off sounding rude, but do we plan on releasing this any time soon? I feel like we could fix and edit this one section for all of eternity and still not get everything how we want it.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

If you ask me, I'd wait for q2-28 to be reviewed and merged in (hi Why ;) ) and q2-19 to be completed before releasing SE 1.2 into the wild. Don't know if we should wait for q2-17; depends on how long it takes adamantum. (Oh, and I think we need Haplo's Data update before release, too.) I'll also look into Theo's bugreports in the SE topic (but don't count on me to fix them - many of them are a matter of questionable design choices rather than actual bugs, and very hard to correct without rewriting quests from scratch).

The stuff I'm doing on Mainland these days is usually not important and definitely not what's moving the project forward. And I don't remember claiming otherwise.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Anonymous wrote:- Removed a 30 feet under the ground invisible stairs in Helnim.
It was the stairway to Hell! :evil: :evil: :evil:
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_Data.esm]NEW version of TR_Data.esm needed![/url]

Added moddisposition on Akamoran nobles to the slave-killing end of quest TR_m2_FG_Amiro3.

Replaced Fighters Guild equipment chests by TR version.

A couple of bugs (caspering, shading mismatch) fixed. A dozen or so zero-connection pathgrid points removed. Pathgrids in the Peninsula of Veloth mostly redone (they were off-track).

Fixed numerous issues from http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23512 including Mahhjat's gender, Theo's observation that "Character Flaw" dialogue had wrong conditions, and most of my post (in fact, all of it but the spoiled wine bottle).

The Inlet Bog has been delevelscaled and the road to OE is now safe for relative noobs (no durzogs). Also, I've added numerous more spawn points of various types to the Inlet Bog; there are still not enough imho.

New dialogue:

Little secret for Darnim NPCs:
"There's all kinds of stuff lost out there in the bog. We've got Dwarven ruins, Daedric ruins, and any number of caves and crevices. A lot of it's been picked over by adventurers over the years, but who knows, maybe the next guy'll get lucky. Unfortunately, packs of durzogs have settled down in the Bog recently, so if you want to take a chance you should come prepared." (The size=10 stuff is old.)

Also:
"If you are on your way to Old Ebonheart, be prepared for some fighting along the road. Durzogs have sharp claws, and the abandoned fort on an isle in the mire is said to house undead. The main road by the abandoned temple of Azura is largely safe for now, but I would not try to explore the shrine if I were you."
(This replaces the following obsolete reply: "There used to be a boat service running from here to Seyda Neen and Tel Branora in Vvardenfell District. But then the folks from Census and Excise came in with their talk about 'quarantines' and 'blight,' and it was shut down. Frankly, I think anything living in the Inlet Bog is mean and nasty enough to not be scared of some disease. But Vvardenfell is a weird place--and weird even by Morrowind standards."

Ainab Guls about "background" when he is angry:
"Destruction magic and mysticism. I'll spare you the details as you aren't likely to understand anything about it, moron. Now get out of here, unless you wish for a demonstration of my spellcraft."
(The old reply still exists; they are now conditioned differently for some variation.)

I had no time to hide stuff.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_Data.esm]NEW version of TR_Data.esm needed![/url]

Aviroth Ancestral Tomb de-levelscaled. Added amulet of Balyna's soothing balm and ring of falling first barrier, hidden under a Temple book (gospel of St. Felms).

Virith Ancestral Tomb: added amulet of stamina.

Erushara Ancestral Tomb: added Silver Spear of Retribution and Daedric Steel Broadsword.

Atop the Dwemer ruin in Sacred Lands, cell 46, -14: added Dwarven coins (10), random_dwarven_misc, random_dwarven_all, dwarven crossbow, crossbow of ghostlight.

All zero-connection pathgrid points that could be fixed are now fixed.

More casperers fixed.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Inlet Bog creatures placed.

Random outlaw NPCs endowed with restore-skill rings and a few very basic rings and amulets. Also, restore-skill rings added to various enchanters. (The only place where you can get all of them at once is Akamora MG.)

Tirilathran: Added Amulet of Daydene's Panacea.

Rilramisnat: Hid iron saber and resist paralysis robe.

Binammu: Added Dwarven Broadsword.

Sirillas, Ruined Passages: Added Masque of Purity and Steel Battleaxe of Precision (both extremely hidden).

Ilnibu (cave from the Dreynim Spa quest): The boss (Rithre Arsur) now has resist paralysis shoes (and more health).

Ald Verya Ruins: one enemy now has falling first barrier amulet. Also, amulet of waterwalking added in tower.

Athrilmallilas: one of the enemies now has resist paralysis robe.

Syn-Jugalla: Delna (level 40 enemy) now has resist paralysis belt and falling second barrier ring. She has been made a bit weaker, though: no paralysis spells or weapons anymore (instead, silver staff of war).

Dun Akafell, Entrance: A vampire (non-respawning) now drops shadowweave ring.

Maebbu: Hidden Telvanni Molecrab Boots.

Kharalambos Ruin: added Masque of Purity (not hidden; the ruin has no good loot otherwise) and Silver Spear of Retribution (hidden). Also, de-levelscaled most of the enemies.

Tristin: added first barrier ring to one enemy.

Sevadartus: boss now has robe of resist paralysis.

Teknilashashulpi: boss now has shirt of resist paralysis.

Pahunsabi, Bandit Base: boss now has shirt of resist paralysis (and various balancing changes). Also, hid two pieces of imperial templar armor and a silver staff of divine judg(e)ment.

Pahunsabi: Steel crossbow hidden.

Hassulsallusalkit, Shrine: Sunken Vaults: boss now has pants of resist paralysis.

Mu-Serrudan: boss now has robe of resist paralysis.

The shoes of resist paralysis are also being sold by three enchanters.

With this, I think the placing of new items can be considered finished. A few items are not placed yet, but they will probably become quest rewards for q2-29 and Akamora MG (and Helnim EEC?).
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Arvisrend, I believe you expressed some interest in seeing a so called land tear earlier? Download this https://dl.dropbox.com/u/75536686/Map%2 ... 02012b.rar and check out cell TR_5-5_Red_DunmethPass.

Irritating, I spent some time arranging that road.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Fixed a few quest and landscape bugs, including the one that made the Seitur investment quest unsolvable (sorry!!). Pathgridded Acre of Saint Meris.

De-randomized and de-levelscaled the weapons on some bandits. (There used to be level-3 bandits with ebony weapons once you were at high enough level.)

New dialogue topic: "Brenne Smitte", conditioned by Cell = Tel Muthada, Not Class Slave, Not Local nolore, Not ID Brenne Smitte:
"You can find her in the Lower Tower, where she is selling potions. Not the most professional alchemist out there, but what she does she does well, and not many of us here need alchemy services to begin with."
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Bthangthamuzand bandits (who attack you in the "Factory of Strife" quest) are now weaker and have weaker spells and weapons (no jinksword for sure). The fight still isn't easy.

NPC TR_m1_Gritnol now has 5 moon sugar ingredients (makes him being a drug dealer more realistic than with 1 only).

A couple of leveled creatures replaced (parastyluses shouldn't spawn along the road to Akamora).

Dagorda cavern slaves can now be freed.

In other news, another dozen of floaters fixed.

STILL NOT ADDRESSED: ex_cave_door_01 Molagreahd Region (24,5) 200191 45384 -1068 "unlinked door. is there a grotto int for that?"
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Merged q2-28 into the Mainland. All the post-merge stuff has been taken care of pre-merge, so that thing is done now.

Removed various invisible (submerged inside rocks or exterior shells of buildings) statics. These weren't the kind of statics that get moved by scripts, nor were the statics covering them movable by scripts, so they had no reason to be in the file.

The Helnim Fields can suck a guar's cock. More floaters found and fixed. Also, made a couple of micro-optimizations in scripts.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Merged rats' showcase into the Mainland.

Minor optimization in script TR_m3_Relamscript.

Fixed a land gap just south of TR_Mainland.ESP 10/10/2012 (11:54) skraeling Terrain_rocks_WG_01 Mephalain Mountains Region (31,-15) 261563 -122209 -31. The very existence of things like this in the file gives me the creeps.

Renamed "Lost Shack" into "Mephalain Mountains, Lost Shack" to avoid chances of mod conflict. Also, a few minor renamings on NPCs and typo fixes in dialogue.

Quest journal for quest TR_m2_Wil_AvengeKnights no longer capitalizes "Knights".

De-randomized some bandits' inventories to make sure they don't randomly happen to have better weapons than they should. (Roamers still have this ability, though.)

Nerfed TR_m2_q_4_SorenDremora.

This is releasable as far as I'm concerned!

(We might want to do some work on the readme, though.)