q1-79-Tel

Moderator: Lead Developers

MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Beave wrote:EDIT: Another question - if I set the alarm of the generic "TR_telv_guard" will that set both references or just one?
Just one, and probably not the one you want. You'd need to use the unique reference (the object name with a unique 8 digit number after it) if you wanted each one to do it.
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

The unique reference didn't work with script, but I've taken care of that by replacing them with a guard of my own with scripts that take care of alarm.
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

New WIP up. Quest line for Llevari Telsaran is complete. As per BC's instruction I have not implemented LT4 as it will be included with another quest claim.

Everything is finished and ready for testing before submission, with the exception of Va6. That quest may need further working-on.

EDIT: And Va5 too. For some reason Hlethran Androsi automatically teleports outside of Marog. Does anyone know of a quest that has a similar type of thing going on so that I can compare scripts, by the way?

The file isn't entirely clean either, so I'll get to that as well.
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

Okay, so I don't know if the admins are disregarding this and the questers are slacking or if the admins are slacking, or maybe even I'm slacking, but it's been almost two months so I believe an update is in order.

Since my last post I may have worked on the quest file a little and then stopped working on it. School and collective extra-curricular activities have drained me of free time. I think I resolved the issue with Va5, but Va6 remains unsolved. Test if you dare, but I won't post another WIP until the Va6 issue is resolved.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Va6 some deal with wanting something not a crime? Get the guy in question to StartCombat the player first, I guess. Or as Skwoz said do a 'crimecheck' constantly running and set the crime to the original value once it increases (and guy's health is lower, so we don't just give the player free reign to nick stuff).

Maybe if necessary create some placeholder dialogue for guards to prevent arrest.

If these things won't work, elaborate the situation for me.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

Do you think a dramatic outbreak might fit well? Right when the guard tells the player to execute Dralor, he yells out something and attacks. That would take away the whole calm priest-type deal, but it would work.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Yeah, if it clears up the problems, makes perfect sense. Go for it.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Beave wrote:Okay, so I don't know if the admins are disregarding this and the questers are slacking or if the admins are slacking, or maybe even I'm slacking, but it's been almost two months so I believe an update is in order
Sorry but that was us slacking X-/
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

Greetings again, thought I might stop by and post. About a month ago, I tried having the priest attack the player, and the player still received a bounty, the reason being (I think) that the player attacked the priest before the priest actually attempted to hit the player. Shortly after, real life kicked into high gear, so I made no progress after that.

I do intend to finish this claim, however. Perhaps this weekend, I don't know. I shall continue to try different methods until I work something out.

On a side note, should I be adding some dialogue in for if the PC is expelled? As of current the PC can do quests regardless of expelled status, and I wasn't sure if there's dialogue for each individual quest or some global dialogue.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

"Beave"... Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time... A long time...

Yep, dialogue for expelled people just blocking the quests is recommended, I think. Though maybe Telvanni are more lax about this than other factions. Check vanilla.

If he's literally StartCombating the player, as was the previous suggestion, then if the player gets a bounty that's just a mistake on their part, surely? But that seems unlikely as people StartCombat attack the player in populated locations all the time, and no bounty. Maybe lower his Alarm value? Or if he's not StartCombating in a 'dramatic breakout', do that instead, unless something more elegant can be found.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Have you tried setting everyone's Alarm to zero? Chances are the spectators are the ones giving you the bounty, on which the guards react.
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

I tried that, actually, and that was no use. Of course, I don't remember why exactly, but I think there may have just been some sort of timing issue. Oh well. I've got a three-day weekend to look at this, so be on the lookout for an update.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I'll take a quick look at it aswell, not that I think I'll succeed, but it just bugs me. ;)
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

Please, feel free. I'm open to any suggestions or help.
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

FYI, I'm going to be away for the next week and probably the week after as well. After that, I'll see what I can do. I think the execution deal is the only problem; everything else should be fine. Again, please feel free to offer suggestions.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hi this needs an update by tomorrow!
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

There is no claim update to show. Since I go between my parents' house each week I can only work on this every other week, and I've been feeling the modder's block lately. Only the execution quest needs to be fixed, I think everything else is done.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I believe the class Guard is hardcoded to react to any sort of crime regardless of AI settings. Anyway, I'll take another look at this once I got time.
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

Yeah, I think that's true. Anyway, I can't work on it this week, but I tried using "setPCCrimeLevel 0" and if my memory serves me correctly, the crime was reported when I attacked the priest but the guards didn't arrest me. So, if I use this method, the player should have a clean record before the quest starts (which Vaerin will say), and we'll need a way to get rid of that crime message. I'll try setting everyone's alarm to 0, that might fix it, at least for the commoners.
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

Alright, I am finished. Everything should work just fine, although I didn't test everything, all of the quests except for Va6 work and have not been tweaked since they were last tested. I believe I have solved the issue with the priest. The only design aspect I have changed is that the player must have a clean record before starting the quest. That way the player can't get a bounty paid off for free.

So... this is ready for review. Let me know if there are any problems ASAP, because school starts in about a week for me.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

submitting to review
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

This file is ready to be merged, but double check it anyways.
Attachments
TR_q1-79-Tel_Beave_3.rar
(24.05 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Please hold off on merging this file. I'm checking if it's playable, and if we'll want to keep it.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

It's in limbo due to the Telvanni redesign. If the quest claim forums weren't completely borked I'd put it in N/A. Having said that, it is a nice pair of questlines indeed and I'm sure we'll be able to work it in, I just don't know what, if anything, will need to be altered to make it work, yet.