n2-3-Tri

Where hooms take a shit and we clean it up.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

I'm definitely interested in taking this claim on. I have some questions.

I envision Saint Veloth differently than he appears here. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think bonemold armor would have been developed after the settlement of Morrowind and probably close to the emergence of the Great Houses. Thus, I'd like to see Veloth in more of a tribal priest/leader guise with lots of ornamentation (or would that be too taboo for the Temple priests to handle? so his appearance is mainly propaganda?). I love the pose idea for Veloth though.

I haven't looked at the files in this thread yet. But the Necrom Ordinator already looks quite good from the screenshot. I'd tweak his fingers so his pointing hand is actually pointing, but other than that, really close.

I don't know what LN's Saint Seryn looks like yet, so I can't comment on that. The screenshot at the top of the thread looks pretty decent, though. Not enough hunchback and her head is too narrow though. She needs to be a few more "disfigured" features about her IMO.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

You're right of course. Veloth isn't a warrior, he's a visionary and a wanderer. More Moses than King David.
Test
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

gro-Dhal wrote:More Moses than King David.
That's exactly where my mind is at (though stylistically different than the stereotypical Moses). Well put.
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

aro101 wrote:DIE! We can try with this again in a year or so.
More like five years.

On-topic. I'm not sure we still need the ordinator statue? Heck not even the armor is completely finished. So that can wait until we cleared that up. The other 2 are good to go. I agree to get rid of the warrior type statue and it will need a very distinctive pose. Please no more pointing fingers :).
--Mwgek--
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Mwgek wrote:On-topic. I'm not sure we still need the ordinator statue? Heck not even the armor is completely finished. So that can wait until we cleared that up. The other 2 are good to go. I agree to get rid of the warrior type statue and it will need a very distinctive pose. Please no more pointing fingers :).
Is pointing to the East not a distinctive pose? I can mess around with something else, but I thought that was rather fitting for the leader of an exodus.

And I'd like confirmation on the Ordinator statue not being needed. And St. Seryn?
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Pointing east seams okay under Veloth's circumstances (we just need to make sure it gets placed pointing the right direction in the cs), but maybe give another function to his other hand. Not sure what that could be. Any lore expert wanna give this a go?
--Mwgek--
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

I agree that his other hand should be occupied. I was sitting here thinking of what to do and then I decided to look at the [url=http://images.uesp.net/1/1c/Lore-people-Veloth.jpg]fresco of Veloth[/url]. I remembered that in the fresco, there are people following him, children. They are rather exaggerated figures in my opinion, so I wondered if I could incorporate them into the statue.

Being the terrible sketcher that I am, I decided to try conceptualizing what I was thinking.

Here we have Veloth, pointing East, if you're facing south :P
He has small, rough, statuettes which represent the Children of Veloth surrounding him.

As I said, I suck at sketching but this is just somewhat close to what I had in mind. Thoughts?
Attachments
Veloth.JPG
(1.95 MiB) Downloaded 158 times
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

I don't think they're necessarily children, they're just Veloth's followers portrayed as being smaller than him as a form of artistic licence.

Something like a walking staff in the other hand would be nice, but it might be a bit too Old Testament.
Test
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

gro-Dhal wrote:I don't think they're necessarily children, they're just Veloth's followers portrayed as being smaller than him as a form of artistic licence.

Something like a walking staff in the other hand would be nice, but it might be a bit too Old Testament.
I meant metaphorical children, not literal :)
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Wasn't Seryn a Guar? We might want to leave a bit of ambiguity here rather than displaying her simply as an old lady.
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Why wrote:Wasn't Seryn a Guar? We might want to leave a bit of ambiguity here rather than displaying her simply as an old lady.
Guar? I assume that's monkey truth of some sort? Jesting at her burden carrying?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

A little bit of monkey truth from back when Sload was still active. St. Seryn is a guar!
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Haplo wrote:A little bit of monkey truth from back when Sload was still active. St. Seryn is a guar!
Hahah, well I'm down with that. Even if she wasn't actually a guar it'd be a good illustration of her saintly nature.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

The current stance at TR is that St. Seryn was literally a Guar.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Haplo wrote:The current stance at TR is that St. Seryn was literally a Guar.
Sweet, that'll be fun to pose something other than a humanoid!
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Didn't we decide against statues generally on a point of principle quite a long time ago?

A few centrepiece ones specifically planned for certain locations (esp. of Almalexia) would probably be a good idea, though, sure.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Imo statues are fine as long as they're treated as unique objects and only ever used once, or very sparsely at most. So yeah, centerpieces, and I'll still yell at anyone using them anywhere without asking the core first.