Tamriel Rebuilt Music [New here]

Place where the game's audio assets are produced.

Moderators: Gesshoku, Lead Developers

TylQuigley

Tamriel Rebuilt Music [New here]

Post by TylQuigley »

Hey guys, I'm new here. As in, brand new.
Been following TR for a while now and would finally like to get involved.
Unfortunately my technical abilities with modding the game are basically non-existent, so I'd like to contribute with music/voice acting/writing (quests/dialogue).

Atmospheric music is my main skill, things that blend nicely and are heavily inspired by scenes. I'm still not very familiar with the layout of the forum here so I thought this was the best place to post (apologies if not).

I'd like to write/record some TR music to be implemented into the mod, or to be made available as a separate download. If it's not really something that you guys are looking to add into TR, no worries.

I was also wondering how the music system works within Morrowind. I'm currently checked out the 3 music folders that the game picks from whilst exploring/battle/special, but would it be possible to create a new folder(s) to be played when in TR-exclusive areas? Or even in specific TR cities/areas?

I'd also like to get involved with writing quests, although unfortunately it will only be able to be journal entries and dialogue due to my lack of skill.
If there is an abundance of people already creating quests (and doing all the scripting/everything else possible for them) then I guess it wouldn't be too helpful.

Voice acting is another thing I'd be happy to help with, although I'm sure there are hundreds of people already getting involved with that.

Once again, sorry if I posted in the wrong area and sorry for going off-topic but I didn't really want to split this post up and scatter it around the forum.

Thanks in advance.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Welcome!

Music is every bit as important to the game as visual elements yet isn't getting any attention. The only excuse for this is, at the moment, our ability to implement ambient music is somewhat limited (technical reasons...) but with openMW (open-source version of the engine) it will surely be possible to have separate themes according to regions/locations. Failing that, optional mods for TR are always an option

TR lacks questers rather than quest ideas. If you want to give questing a try, using the Construction Set is in fact much less complicated than people imagine. Some tutorials are still in the plans, I think?
TylQuigley

Post by TylQuigley »

rot wrote:Welcome!

Music is every bit as important to the game as visual elements yet isn't getting any attention. The only excuse for this is, at the moment, our ability to implement ambient music is somewhat limited (technical reasons...) but with openMW (open-source version of the engine) it will surely be possible to have separate themes according to regions/locations. Failing that, optional mods for TR are always an option

TR lacks questers rather than quest ideas. If you want to give questing a try, using the Construction Set is in fact much less complicated than people imagine. Some tutorials are still in the plans, I think?
Thank you for the response. I can imagine my quest ideas wont be particularly special compared to some people here who's sole focus is that!

Would a selection of TR-inspired music designed to be placed in the /music folders take away from the goals of TR (adding rather than editing Vvardenfell)? I'd love for people to have an extra 15-20+ tracks added to their Morrowind experience after downloading TR, although it would also be played in Vvardenfell, which would take away some of the 'magic' that the music would be offering to the TR areas.
cookie16
Developer

Post by cookie16 »

We might not be able to set music to a certain region/Cell, but in the future it will be possible to do it.
Here is the TR music we have right now http://www.moddb.com/mods/tamriel-rebuilt1/addons/remastered-tr-music
TylQuigley

Post by TylQuigley »

Well I'll get working on some tracks that will fit in well all over the mainland/Vvardenfell, but give off a TR 'feel' in general.
Rats
Lead Developer

Re: Tamriel Rebuilt Music [New here]

Post by Rats »

TylQuigley wrote:Voice acting is another thing I'd be happy to help with, although I'm sure there are hundreds of people already getting involved with that.
Hi, TylQuigley, and welcome to TR! This really caught my eye, since there certainly aren't hundreds of people working on voice acting for TR. What kind of voices can you do?
TylQuigley

Re: Tamriel Rebuilt Music [New here]

Post by TylQuigley »

Well I'm English, so I can do all manner of British-y accents, i.e. Skyrim-era Dunmer/Imperials.
That's about all I can do accent-wise, but I can probably do quite a few different types of voices.

If you have anything in mind, I'd be really happy to help if you could tell me where to get lines from/where to upload them?