i5-58-Red

The interior claims in this forum are currently in the review process.

Moderators: Seneca37, Andres Indoril, Lead Developers

Aeven
Lead Developer

i5-58-Red

Post by Aeven »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i5-58-Red (#2638)
Faction: Redoran
Parent claim: TR_5-13-Red (#180)
Claimed by: EJRS
Local map: Rift Pass 1
Files: TR_i5-58-Red_EJRS_1.esp; TR_i5-58-Red_Terrifying Daedric Foe_1.esp; TR_i5-58-Red_Terrifying Daedric Foe_2.esp

---

Rift Pass [-32, 4] #2 See local map. A supply store for travelers coming from Skyrim into Morrowind and vice versa. Use de_p. No weapons sold here.
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

Claim.

How far back/sideways/up/down does this interior extend? Also, I'm guessing the guy who runs this shop lives here as well?
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Granting.

It should probably extend to the right of the door, and at most 5-6 pieces to the back. Use the stronghold set, but remember this is an active shop.
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Sure thing.
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Could you quickly check the general layout is OK?

I figured this was originally a storeroom / armoury, so wasn't ideally suited to being turned into a shop. The guy who runs it has a living space behind the shelves, giving him a degree of privacy.
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Hey! This looks fine to me to build on. It's a tad too bright in my opinion though :)
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Thanks. I increased the lighting settings a bit from the vanilla standard for Dunmer strongholds because I thought a shop wouldn't really work if you couldn't see the stuff you're buying. :) I'll lower them down again.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Do you have an update for us, TDF?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

I will by the end of the week. It'll only be a small one though.
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Updated.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

It's almost that time of the month again. Got an update for us, TDF?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

No, and I'm not likely to work on this for a while.

Please revoke.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Revoking as per modder's request.
EJRS
Developer

Post by EJRS »

This looks like fun. Claim!

I'm thinking slightly cramped and sort of shoehorned into a space that was not originally designed for the purpose. Somewhat like the atmosphere of a cluttered old antiques-shop.

Travel- and adventuring-supplies aplenty. Some distinctly skyrim goods mixed in with some distinctly morrowind goods.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Grants. Have fun :)
EJRS
Developer

Post by EJRS »

I've been sort of halfway resolved over the past few months to sort of leave the project, but since I'm still not entirely decided and obviously still lurking around, I figured I'd at least whip something quick up for this claim, in the spirit of not leaving any loose ends. :)

So, here goes: finished!
Attachments
TR_I5-58-EJRS.esp
(19.43 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
EJRS
Developer

Post by EJRS »

Oh, and while making this, I took an ingame look at the connecting area, -32,4 and -31,4 (Rift Pass). Might i suggest rotating the "in_stronghold_lpill00":s of the colonnade to z:112 (with a bit of 202, 22 or 292 thrown in for randomisation) to put the flat side of the pillars towards the courtyard, then lower them to z:12347 to hide the lower part of the foundations, and lastly move the rows that face the courtyard a bit closer to the edge?

This mainly serves the purpose of providing some much needed accessibility by clearing up some space along the walkways, but also I think it makes the building look a lot more solid and a bit less cobbled. Also, the lowering of the pillars gives a feeling of weight from the top, which I find really makes for a better and more becoming overall composition.

I must say, I really like the basic design and layout of the place.

I've included a file with a quick edit of these two cells to show what I mean, the above description looks a bit confusing.
Attachments
TR_5-13-EJRS Rift Pass Edit.esp
(149.65 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

off to review - Hope you stay, your work is quite exceptional.