i5-38-Red

The interior claims in this forum are currently in the review process.

Moderators: Seneca37, Andres Indoril, Lead Developers

Aeven
Lead Developer

i5-38-Red

Post by Aeven »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i5-38-Red (#2618)
Faction: Redoran
Parent claim: TR_5-2-Red (#169)
Claimed by: Dormichigan64
Files: TR_i5-38-Red_Dormichigan64_1.esp; TR_i5-38-Red_Dormichigan64_2.esp; TR_i5-38-Red_MoonAndStar_1.esp

---

[-22, 7] Small Redoran hut, provides some lodging to weary travellers for a small fee. Not an inn though.
MoonAndStar
Developer

Post by MoonAndStar »

Claims.

Home of a friendly old couple who has a bed-and-breakfast type thing for travellers, offering the beds of their moved-out children..?
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Sounds good, granting. Don't use that word in anyway inside though. ;)
MoonAndStar
Developer

Post by MoonAndStar »

Done.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Submitting to Review
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Revoking due to severe overlapping of hearths.
Use only one hearth.

Comments

Rating
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

How goes fixing this claim, MoonAndStar?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I'd like to repeat that. Any progress?
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Revoking due to lack of activity of claimer.
Dormichigan64
Developer
Location: Stop trying to see where I live, you creepy bastard! (Kingston, Ontario)

Post by Dormichigan64 »

Claim. Should I just start over?
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I tend to side with using as much prior work as possible, though you can look at the MoonAndStar's file and judge for yourself if continuing with it is worthwhile.

Granting.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

This interior is best as it is. Remaking the interior would be an insult especially since this person is still active in morrowind modding. I'd be willing to make a model that would fix the bleeding here and increase the variety in this home type. I'm fairly confident I could do this at my skill level. Would use original models and texture.
my opinion.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Forgive me if you strongly believe otherwise, but I don't really think it's worth making a whole new model for just one single, small interior. Also, redoing an interior this size shouldn't be such an issue with MoonAndStar, as he has already created many other great interiors for TR.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

I don't strongly feel that way, no, but in the amount of time it'd take to make a new interior I could make a new model for this purpose. It would also be a good opportunity for me to practice modeling. The model could be used 3-4 times without becoming overly redundant. Sure, this could be modified, but I tinkered with the interior and was unable to find a solution that really matches the cozy feel he has going for here so I'm willing to do the work.
my opinion.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

If this were a larger or special interior, or was needed in a hurry, then I would agree with Yeti. But its a small interior and there is no immediate need for it. Not to mention, the current lack of interiors to work on. So I will leave it up to you, Dormichigan64, you can start fresh, or redo some of the interior - putting your touch to it, or just fix the hearth, in addition to the items below.

Below is a list of the items that need fixing (I stopped the review when I came across the 2 hearths)

Floaters
furn_scrapwood02 (778, 1087, 585)
misc_de_bowl_bugdesign_01 (728, 1060, 751)
Misc_DE_pot_redware_03 (612, 667, 563)

Bleeders
chitin spear (274, 769, 563) Point into wall
furn_de_cushion_round_01 (501, 911, 547) Into other cushion
furn_de_cushion_round_04 (577, 1126, 521) Into other cushion
Ingred_scrib_cabbage_01 (273, 892, 578) Into plate
misc_com_bottle_11 (538, 665, 579)
misc_com_wood_bowl_03 (692, 395, 576)
misc_com_wood_spoon_02 (528, 680, 563) Into hearth
misc_de_foldedcloth00 (606, 1212, 554) Into tray

Minor Float
furn_de_p_chair_02 (339, 921, 545)
misc_com_redware_plate (568, 660, 564)

Minor Bleed
bk_vivecandmephala (632, 828, 580) into hearth
furn_de_screen_guar_01 (666, 1142, 643) Into hearth
ingred_hound_meat_01 (570, 659, 565)
misc_com_wood_fork (310, 993, 580) into plate

Caspering
furn_de_tray_01 (619, 1213, 557)

Overlapping
HEARTHS

I do not believe it is an 'insult' to redo someone's interior. MoonAndStar is clearly busy in RL (real life) and failed to even post a comment on this work the last time they logged in. So, I do not believe that they would be upset with someone redoing this interior. In addition, TR is constantly evolving, sections get reworked and interiors get repurposed. There is no guarantee that your work will make it to the final version, this is a fact we all must come to grips with, within the TR community.

sasquatch2o, if you'd like to make a new hearth, then by all means go for it. Start a new thread in the models section and show us your work. I'm sure that there will be more Redoran interiors coming down the pipeline and it would make a fine asset. And may I suggest, when you put the shelf in front of the hearth, could you make it horizontal (parallel with the floor). Too many people fail to realize that it is at an angle, M&S included, and I've fixed many an item on that shelf due to poor rotation.
Dormichigan64
Developer
Location: Stop trying to see where I live, you creepy bastard! (Kingston, Ontario)

Post by Dormichigan64 »

Update. I just followed MoonAndStar's plan, but I built it from scratch.

The beds' previous owners left some of their things behind which portray their personality.
"When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. And life will be all like 'what??'" - Phil Dunphy's Phil's-osophy

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
Shhh, bunny be snoozing. lolcatz
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Looking good, but do not mix r (rich) and p (poor) furniture. These people should only have p furniture - so the wallscreens and the table upstairs need to be changed. Are you aware of the light_logpile? Its easier to use that, than try to build one. I like the built in shrine, but not a big fan of the hanging lantern in the closet.
Also this place is way up in the mountain-snowy area, so you are allowed to use BM items/plants/ingredients etc.
Dormichigan64
Developer

Post by Dormichigan64 »

The table upstairs was a mistake. I'll try to substitute the screens. I'll try to fix/finish everything off today.
"When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. And life will be all like 'what??'" - Phil Dunphy's Phil's-osophy

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Slow down - Take your time. There is no rush for this interior and there is nothing new in the queue yet. I would rather see a well made interior with everything positioned properly and a good concept than one hastily made. FYI - it typically takes 20-40 hours of work to make a good small interior, and a lot more time for the larger ones.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

We did have one modder a while back who churned out high-quality and almost always error-free interiors in as little time as an hour, but he was probably a robot.

I took a look at this interior. I really like a lot of your ideas, such as the shrine; the interior has a lot of personality, even in its unfinished state. I think it's worth taking your time on. :) NPCers will have a lot to work off of with this interior.
Dormichigan64
Developer

Post by Dormichigan64 »

I wasn't trying to sound like I was in a rush. I haven't finished it anyway. What I meant was finish up the general layout of it ( because there isn't much of that to do now), then go back and do all the details and fixing.

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

It should take a reasonable amount of time for an interior. The really clever work comes not from working slow but by learning how to improvise with assets. Discovering what is available to you is a learning process. Do the walls in an hour, then large obj and light second (1hr), small objects next (2hr), last rotate (2hr) apparently there is another final step, prereview (1hr). Don't detail until the end. This way your ideas can evolve as you flesh things out. Small int shouldnt take more than 5-8 hr unless your learning or getting extremely creative with the assets.

Last note: searching through other interiors will help you tremendously in realizing what is possible combine interior and ext pieces in unconventional ways. I also copy paste stuff in to save time trying to find common items then rearrange and delete what I don't want. This especially helps while learning just remember to delete the ownership and don't tell anyone. As long as you rearrange things it'll be fine.
my opinion.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Dormichagan64 - then you are doing things right. Sorry for misunderstanding you're previous post :D Keep up the good work.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

In regards to the comment made about copying other work, DO NOT DO THAT. As I've always said, go ahead and look at all the interiors you can, see how pieces go together, what items look good etc... Get INSPIRED :D.
But always find the item of interest in the object window. If you can not find it, look in the other tabs; there is usually a good reason for it not being where you thought it should have been. And you should understand why its under another tab.
If you have to resort to copying other people's work, then you really shouldn't be here. We want artistic, creative people working here, not cookie-cutters.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

sasquatch2o wrote:I also copy paste stuff in to save time trying to find common items then rearrange and delete what I don't want. This especially helps while learning just remember to delete the ownership and don't tell anyone. As long as you rearrange things it'll be fine.
I do exactly the same just because I can't be bothered to memorize all the object IDs. I think it's really unfair to call someone a "cookie cutter" just for that, as long as they don't keep their arrangement. There is practically no difference. I'd say it's even quite useful, since you constantly get to see vanilla interiors as reference for how exactly all objects were used by the original devs.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Before this goes on any further - give me a chance to move this topic out of Dormichagan64's claim.
Dormichigan64
Developer

Post by Dormichigan64 »

After 300 years of playing Daggerfall, I finally managed to finish this up.

Speaking of Daggerfall, does anyone know how to shoot a bow? Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

off to review