6-49-Hla

Claimed Exteriors are found here. Please post your progress here.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

6-49-Hla

Post by Nemon »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_6-49-Hla (#2543)
Faction: Hlaalu
Claimed by: Nemon
Files: None

---

Othreleth, the mushroom forest. Hlaalu area.
See this thread for concept discussion: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=22547

This area utilizes the othreleth set of statics, as well as the __ rock set. It's not avatar-ish mushroom forests we're looking for, see 6-49 for reference as this will be the first othreleth claim up. We're aiming for advanced root systems, mushroom canopies and a sense of density. Feel free to create several ponds, as water reflections/sound adds to the atmosphere.

No habitable mushrooms, that belongs to the telvanni.
Link to updated map with main/side road references coming shortly.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Unlocked, claimed and granted! Will use this to develop concepts and references for the remaining claims.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Yay! Map 6! :banana:

I can't wait to see how you put our Othreleth models to use Nemon.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Hells
Developer

Post by Hells »

aww yiss no more snow

not that i dont love snow, but hell yeah finally, Hlaalu lands <3
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

http://imgur.com/a/oXqr8

No file, sorry. Just wanted to share this little photo update.
Hells
Developer

Post by Hells »

Is this a retexture you're using, or thats some new rocks for the Othreleth region?
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Well. Um - yes :) . Retextures.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Makes me wonder if we could get new rocks for this region, though? Possibly a single set for Othreleth & Shipal-shin? I'm thinking warm tones, rainbows, horizontal streaks?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

New models or new textures, Sload? The different, extant models we do have, after all, number in the scores.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

textures of course

edit: i could have been confused by nemon's post, i thought that he meant he was using a personal retex of a vanilla rock (probably grazelands); if these rocks are a new retex, i 100% awesome approve
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

It's a bit too saturated to fit with Morrowind's vanilla graphics. Looks like the Mania side of the Shivering Isles.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Firstly, everything is a work in progress, including textures and meshes. Secondly, no that's about it.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

The rocks used here are likely to be used in the Shinpal-Shin too.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Looking purty, even before adjustments. Mind if I post those over to tumblr?
Last edited by Lady Nerevar on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Those textures most definately need a dirt spray and some desaturation!. The yellow tings look like something out of a theme park.
--Mwgek--
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Mwgek wrote:Those textures most definately need a dirt spray and some desaturation!. The yellow tings look like something out of a theme park.
It should look vibrant, though. Feel free to tinker with the statics, they are in the official data.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Lady Nerevar wrote:Looking purty, even before adjustments. Mind if I post those over to tumblr?
Posty posty!
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Very cool looking. I can totally see this being the style of the Hlaalu Heartland.

I wonder how those yellow plumes would look as ramps and bridges in a very limited application.

I know I'm a retarded 2D artist, but the image below is what I mean. Maybe it's too over the top, but I was just thinking of something to make the exploration experience more unique. I don't mean for it to be Telvanni fungiculture, it's meant to be natural.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
(85.96 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Looks like the happy slide at my local swimming pool :P. This colors are hurting my morrowind feeling.

Also tried a fast job on improving the textures.

Left is the old one: Black and white????. It gets the color from the vertex paint only. No wonder it looks cartoony.

Right is the new one with some added layers of texture for more detail and colors added for depths. Also the yellowish/ orange colors should come closer the the rocks.

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/l38q.png/][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img839/4893/l38q.th.png[/img][/url][url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/j9ps.png/][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img703/7509/j9ps.th.png[/img][/url]

This is just a ten minute job to show what some extra attention to some of our TR_Data can do. Please do not rush this stuff because new is not always good and most of this stuff has never even been reviewed properly.
--Mwgek--
Hells
Developer

Post by Hells »

I always wondered, we use new rocks, new flora, etc for some regions - why not new ground textures? Is this some kind of TR's policy to use only vanilla ones? Just curious.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Hells wrote:I always wondered, we use new rocks, new flora, etc for some regions - why not new ground textures? Is this some kind of TR's policy to use only vanilla ones? Just curious.
Up until now we've managed pretty good with the vanilla stuff. We do, however, have quite a few new ones for map 6.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Are the rocks just placeholders, or are we using Shipal rocks for Othrleth? I don't mind them at all, but mayhaps some might see them as too desert-y for a lush river valley. Unless there's a particular concept behind using them?

Anyways it's looking real nice, and hopefully more Othrleth claims will be open next spring when I return to active modding. Because I'm super stoked for M6 stuff.
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Nothing new to report, modding time spent on almalexia interior.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hiya Nemon. Are you waiting on new meshes/textures for this claim?

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Yeah, it's somewhat in hiatus at the moment.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Curse that hiatus... claims always seem to get lost in that place.

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Swiftoak; have you had a chance to look at this without getting a bunch of missing meshes? It should be pretty visible along the map 6/4 border near Kragenmar.
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Can we get a list of what models we need to set this place up and running? I could have some time to spend on smaller projects in the near future.
--Mwgek--
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Mwgek wrote:Can we get a list of what models we need to set this place up and running? I could have some time to spend on smaller projects in the near future.
Swiftoak, your opinion is required here. You have the file with the proposed concept - whatcha think?
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

derp.

I don't really have much of an opinion right now. Overall it's shaping up to be pretty awesome, but I think we need to make some new rocks for this area to make it sort of line up with Shipal. I want our new regions to focus more on original content creation, rather than relying too much on reskinning vanilla assets. This might take awhile with the Master Plan and things, sorta blocking out the geology of Morrowind, which would be a reference point to what kinds of rocks would we need for this region, in the context of artistic direction, atmosphere, geology, and difficulty, as outlined in Master Plan: Foundation and sectional plans for Othrleth/Shipal superegions.

This is good stuff though, and already is a good base for what we want to eventually push for this region.
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Is this still something you're playing around with Nemon? I know the Othreleth Woods isn't exactly high priority, but it would be nice to have a working concept regardless.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Yeti wrote:Is this still something you're playing around with Nemon? I know the Othreleth Woods isn't exactly high priority, but it would be nice to have a working concept regardless.
Sorry it took over 1/2 year to answer this; No not doing anything MW related right now. In the last month I've reinstalled windows 5-6 times, trying to figure out why my new setup fucked up all the time. I think I've narrowed it down to an SSD screwing with me so I removed that. I'll continue working on this claim as soon as the region has been conceptualized and assets finished.

So. Soon? :p