i3-725-Imp

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Ok, that helps a lot.
The description:
Home of a sympathetic necromancer, who practices his arts with willingly donated/sold corpses.
is what gave me the other idea.

Now I'm thinking more gypsy-ish/séance house. Lots of tapestries - candles - dead/stuffed creatures on the shelves. The 2nd floor alcove would be where she or he would invite guests to contact the dead. I was thinking crystal ball - but since there is no crystal ball available I'll need to think how this person would contact the dead. Probably an item from the dead person - but I'll look around the meshes and see if anything else pops out at me.
Because this is a rich section de_r or maybe de_pr items.

If this fits what you were thinking - then sure, I'd be glad to work on it.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Granting. We may not have crystal balls but there are skulls, soul gems etc. Be creative!
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I spent the day redesigning the Interior to MATCH the exterior - just wanted to see if I could do it.
I plan on making the 1st floor the kitchen / dining / socializing area. The second floor will be darker - eerie - where this person can contact the dead and a bedroom.
Lighting is intentionally very light to see everything clearly. COC "TR_i3-725".
I'd appreciate any comments on the structure - especially if you see something wrong.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

I tried to load your file and it turned out to have a dependency on TR_Mainland.esm, which you'd have to remove (with wryeMash, ...). If you need to load a TR mainland file along for reference, you should use the esp (current found here http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=321085#321085 )

Took a look,
I'm not sure what the smallest door is supposed to be? But even the first door, that you can go through, is way too small to be a load-door.
the layout certainly looks peculiar, but if the sole purpose for that was to perfectly match the exterior, you likely didn't need to go to so much trouble?

From someone more knowledgeable on interiors: "you don't need to worry about fitting it with the buildings it is bleeding to but just the shell of the one you are building."
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

New Layout (Seneca_2)
Removed ref to TR_Mainland.
I liked the feel of the place with all the rich walls.
I also kept the small room under the stairs. This will be used for food storage. I have a door external to the structure with a teleport link to the inside - just so that coc will put you in the main entrance way - otherwise I was ending up way out in no-mans land. This will be removed before the final version. Any and all comments/suggestions are welcome.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

The layout looks positively lovely. The small door should be given a unique id and a name like "Small Storage Door" or something. I say start your cluttering engines! :D Eager to see how this'll turn out.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Suggestion: use black candles
Test
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Latest update (_3) has the basic feel of the house started.
I had to create 2 items
1) Door:TR_i3_725_Imp_door (Small Arched Door)
2) Activator:TR_i3_725_Water_Fountain (Mantra Fountain)
Regarding Black Candle:
I did want to use them but they are all de_candles, which are off-limits in an Imperial/Com house, right?
Again any and all comments are welcome.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

I think using "Light_De_Candle_23"'s for example is justified here, given the interior's inhabitant. I would remove the "TR_cont_indoril_01_food" from the storage room though.

The shrunken mummies are a pretty nice touch! Would love to see a shelf or some other surface full of them.

Concerning books: "TR_bk_TradSloadTale_T0", "bk_NGastaKvataKvakis_c" and "TR_bk_Lamentations_JC" would probably be the kind of books the necromancer would be interested in. Oh, if Adanorcil's [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24012]The Peryiton[/url] was finished, it would so belong here (maybe include some parchment fragments of it?).
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

version 4 is close to finishing. Any and all comments are welcome.
Wel-Gordhaur
Developer

Post by Wel-Gordhaur »

Errors or Glitches:

- Noticeable flickering on the wall near the two chairs just before the hidden room

- The silverware pots on the hutch are not stacked properly; they float.

Positive Feedback:

- The Khajiit skull with turquoises placed in the eye sockets looks quite handsome.

- The hidden room is well-hidden. I only noticed it as soon as I did because I saw the flickering on the wall and poked around to investigate (and because I knew the necromancer had to have a hidden room in which to practice his craft, of course).

- The overall tone of the hidden room is fantastic. The fountain in the center is interesting, and the corpses and various other necromantic decorations definitely instill a sense of "I should not be here".

- The small arched door is brilliant.

- The arrangement of the clothes and shoes at the entrance to the house seems to hint at a disorganized (or distracted ...) personality. I like it.

Matters of taste:

- The vases that hold the flowers are misc items, while the flowers themselves are containers. I would switch the vases to a static variety or switch the flowers to a misc item / ingredient variety. Likewise, I would use the misc item versions of the Orc and Khajiit skulls rather than the static versions so that they match the human/mer skulls.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Took suggestions to heart - Version 5 has all items placed properly - If you notice any floaters/bleeders let me know.
Any/all comments welcome.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

This is done
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Sending to review then.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I wrote the attached script to rotate the skulls in the "necromancers room". This would be a cool addition.
Attachments
rotateobject_script.txt
(9.23 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Sounds cool,
If the skulls are misc items, the script should probably disable/setdelete the scripted skull on pickup and give an unscripted version instead?

(do you need this moved back to claimed to upload a new file with the scripts? not sure if possible while in Reviewing)
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Sorry I was NEVER notified that a new message was posted here. :(
I wrote the script - hoping to use it in a showcase - but there doesn't appear to be info on how to showcase scripts.
Is there a procedure for testing scripts?
I am also a reviewer - and I have not gotten any info on how to review an int with scripts.

I personally think that it would be nice to let the player take the scripted skull. When I was playing - I had my places fully decorated with all the stuff I managed to pick up. I was disappointed when I started playing TR - because you have a much nicer human skull than the original - but I could never pick it up (dumb statics).

If you want me to add the script to the file - I could do it now - or you could push it back to the claims and I'll add it.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

I guess a script showcase can be a thing (script as is)? No specific procedure for it outside of the questing context; if you want to write scripts for interiors only, nevermind showcasing, looks like you know what you're doing- just post the int with a notice that there's a script to review inside

Testing scripts: the 'procedure' would be testing ingame (as you've already done) and reading while trying to take into account all possible input/output situations. Has to work and not crash :P

(I'd quickly read through your script, can't say I followed it all but it looked fine? I'd regroup those blocks thru elseif just for good practice

Code: Select all

if (timer_limit < 0.01)
      set timer_limit to 0.01
   endif
   if (timer_limit > 0.3 )
      set timer_limit to 0.3
   endif

Code: Select all

if ( rot_limit < 0.5 )
      set rot_limit to 0.5
   endif
   if ( rot_limit > 3.0 )
      set rot_limit to 3.0
   endif
but everything seems neat)

(sent back to claimed for uploading rights)
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I've added an updated script, a pathgrid, and 2 misc rotating skulls. This should be done.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Submitting to review.
Bero
Reviewer

Post by Bero »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Minor Float
TR_MomoFishBeheaded01
tr_furn_com_painting4_01
ghost charm

Minor Bleed
bk_corpsepreperation1_o

Other Issues
(287, -260, 206) TR_In_C_Pillar_W01 Too small (changed to 0.51)

Bone Key should open something because players will take it and will try to find its lock. (didn't changed it)
And I think we should rename those skulls.

Comments This is awesome int. Necromancer room is great (and those rotating skulls are beyond awesome) but I loved that kitchen even more.

Rating 10 out 10
Attachments
Clean TR_i3-725-Imp_Me.esp
(60.55 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Completed Morrowind Interiors: 47
The trice sealed house withstands the storm.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Great work
Test
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Doing final review.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Review: Northmarker: Ok (Adjusted to correct position)

Ambient/Sunlight/Fog/illegal-to-sleep-here: Ok/Ok/Ok/Yes
Correct TileSet: Yes
Books:Ok
Container Contents: Ok
Items Rotated enough: Yes
In-game Map: Ok
Locks/Traps: Adjusted/Added locks to some of the chests. Now bone key required for small chest in storage room.
Check Lights: Ok
GRID PATH: Done

NEW ITEMS CREATED
ACTI: TR_m3-725_Water_Fountain (Mantra Fountain)
DOOR: TR_m3-725_Imp_Door (Small Arched Door)
MISC: TR_m3-725_bone_key (Key for small chest)
MISC: TR_misc_m3-725_rot_khj_02 (Possessed Khajiit Skull)
MISC: TR_misc_m3-725_rot_orc_02 (Possesed Orc Skull)
SCPT: TR_m3-725_RotZ_Object_60 (Script to rotate possessed skulls +/- 60 degrees)

CHANGES MADE

FLOATERS
TR_furn_com_tapestryDP (-210, -180, 180)

BLEEDERS
ingred_corkbulb_root_01 (244, -729, 66) Into bar
TR_flora_Alm_flower04c (-194, -98, 104) Leaf into wall
TR_furn_skel_hand_l (-187, -80, 321) Finger into mummy
TR_Ingred_Dryfish01 (277, -726, 66) Into bar
TR_Ingred_Dryfish01 (295, -723, 74) Into pot
TR_misc_pillow_red (-19, -487, 269) Into floor
TR_misc_pillow_red (190, -134, 36) Into bench

MINOR FLOAT
extravagant_robe_01_h (-241, -304, 382)
furn_com_rm_chair_03 (268, -646, 293)
furn_planter_01 (-256, -264, 73)
furn_planter_01 (-336, -392, 43)
furn_planter_01 (-340, -422, 256)
misc_com_iron_ladle (311, -707, 70)
misc_de_foldedcloth00 (335, -401, 378)
ring of nullification (-246, -281, 425)
TR_act_com_Bed_05 (-252, -680, 288)
TR_com_basket_01_food (326, -610, 29)
TR_furn_skel_leg_r (208, -115, 354)
TR_misc_com_silv_weight_03 (-228, -191, 325)
TR_misc_com_silv_weight_04 (-231, -193, 325)
TR_misc_skull_khj_02 (210, -78, 402)

MINOR BLEED
com_chest_02_misc09 (-181, -571, 272) Into rug
furn_com_rm_bookshelf_02 (208, -138, 347) Into floor
ingred_belladonna_02 (-204, -102, 321) Into hand
ingred_black_lichen_01 (-190, -110, 320) Into hand
ingred_black_lichen_01 (11, -59, 332) Into hand
light_com_candle_10_128 (340, -700, 324)
light_com_lantern_02_64 (-126, -41, 95) Into holder
misc_com_tankard_01 (335, -445, 324)
misc_com_tankard_01 (337, -460, 324)
TR_barrel_02_eggs_kwama (47, -601, 64) Into floor
TR_furn_skel_leg_l (73, -40, 260) Into rug
TR_furn_soup_pot (294, -722, 66)
TR_Ingred_Mummy_heart_01 (-169, -93, 320) Into hand

CASPERING
exquisite_shirt_01 (-320, -653, 305)

OTHER ISSUES
Adjusted Z position of rugs – using latest TR rugs with larger RCN.
Moved creeky floor sounds around a bit.
Change “Rotatingâ€Â￾ Skull to “Possessed Skullâ€Â￾

Changes made are in file at top (ver _8).

Comments Haplo offered to do final review.

Rating
Tes96
Reviewer

Final Review

Post by Tes96 »

Final Review

-Set cooking knife health 110/120
-com_sack_02_saltrice_10 bleeding
-Shrank p_telekinesis_s to 0.50 because it looks strange having a potion bottle the same size as a barrel
-Stacked sacks were bleeding into wall
-tr_furn_com_painting2_02 ghosting from wall, although it still ghosts even when rotated because of the beam on the wall
-in_c_rich_room_corner has caspering beam so I added in_c_pillar_wood and the tall pillar to hide the casper... and a black square to hide the beams.
-Pushed light_com_rm_chandelier_06 a little more into wall
-furn_c_t_wizard_01 ghosting from wall
-Moved TR_misc_com_fp_shovel to be flush with edge of metal bucket
-F'ed expensive_pants_01_u
-misc_com_bucket_01 bleeding slightly into TR_furn_com_closet_02_c

Hidden room
-Resized some of the potion bottles to break up the monotony
-rotated a lesser soul gem so that they all wouldn't look identical

Love the orc skull with the rubies!

The wooden creak activator sounds need to be changed because the Player will continually hear creaky dock sounds even when standing still in the house. It's supposed to simulate an old creaky floor when walking but I've been asked to leave it alone and let someone else deal with it.

Regarding the mantra fountain... it's a cool idea but in my opinion serves more as a nuissance. The water is spouting fiercly all the way to the ceiling, continuously. There would be water all over the floor which would cause leaks through the wooden boards. The spouting water would also sprinkle droplets on other items in the room. Not to mention the NPC would be wet as well. I would suggest naming the basin "Mantra Fountain" and just delete the water spout. I'm leaving it as is since it's Seneca's design.
Attachments
Clean TR_i3-725-Imp.esp
TR-i3-725-Imp FINAL review
(61.48 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Review: Removed additional long column, used TR_In_C_Pillar_W01's instead to hide caspering issue on both sides of the stairway.
Set travel lantern to off
Slightly increased size of light_com_rm_chandelier_06, and recentered on beams, now wall hook is properly seated.
Remove fountain
Removed sounds
Adjusted lock on small chest so that it can be picked.
Adjusted all weapons to have lower health left.

Good work Tes96 on the review.

Comments This can be moved to final, unless another lead would like to look it over. Use my file at the top (_9).

Rating
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Sent to finished. _9 file will be merged with the OE section file by yours truly asap.

Great work, gang!