Gospel of Saint Veloth (Update Needed)

Place where in-game literature is written and developed.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Lud
Developer Emeritus

Gospel of Saint Veloth (Update Needed)

Post by Lud »

The Gospel of Saint Velothi

It must never be forgotten that the great traditions of our people have their roots in the rejection of another.(1) Those who would seek to live lives in service of ALMSIVI would be wise to seek the courage to turn against the voices of their peers in search of true enlightenment. Those who would seek enlightenment must be ready to reject the heights of pride (2) and walk the quiet paths. To learn how to make this leap, we cast our eyes back to Veloth, the prophet who lead his people out of the west and into anticipation of that which was to come.(3)

Of the days before the Aldmer were sundered, few tales remain. Of the few that remain, fewer still tell us of the early life of Veloth. That which remains tells us of a mer who was not willing to simply cling to the easy paths; Veloth the Daring was always one who was willing to turn against that which he knew as wrong to follow the arbiters of change. (4) Always the first among his fellows to see the truth in what their eyes showed them, it was Veloth who was the first to hear the sounds of change calling across the cool night sky. (5) Though these sounds were spoken with the tongue of the lying past, (6) Veloth could see that the great Prince of Change, whose words had never been heard in such a way by mer, (7) was the bringer of Truth to those who would taste it.

The voice was that of one who would seek to blind mer to their destiny, but words were of one who would show the truth to her people.
The voice was sweet and musical, and it revealed all the previous lies that had been spoken; it showed the lies that lay at the base of the heights of folly (8) reached by the Aldmer. It showed the unmoving emptiness in their temples, (9,10) the stillness that dulled the heart and rotted the mind.
The words were bold and stirring. They told through metaphors of plots and intrigue (11) of the future that could be offered to those who were willing to embrace change. (12) The last word was a covenant, a promise that those who would dare to walk this path would have the protection of one so mighty as to bring a champion under earth. (13)

Veloth was the first to grasp these words. He put down his tools and his possessions, he left the high places where he worked and he walked among the people. Wherever he walked, he told of what he had seen and what the voice had broken and what the words could put back together.(14,15) Wherever he went, there were those who laid down their tools, stepped out of the shadow of that which reared above them (16) and followed him. The prophet's following grew as they stepped out of the shadows of the east. Their protector beckoned her arm from the heart, (17) and Veloth readied his people to make their long journey to the east.

MORE TO COME...

Newer style:
Never forget that the great walk of our people starts with pushing one who stands in the wrong path. Those who would seek to follow the three angles of three sigils must be blind when their eyes point towards their neighbor and re-shape the circle only to form an image of ALMSIVI.
or:
those who would follow the three angles of the three sigils must be blind to their neighbors and re-shape the circle only to form an image of the ALMSIVI (Blessed Be Their Holy Names).
Last edited by Lud on Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

The following are explanations of the metaphors and ambiguity that I've been peppering through it. Comments would be appreciated. :)

1:rejecting the aldmer traditions to become the chimer, a reference to the exclusivity that is at the heart of dunmer society.

2:simple metaphor, reference to towers, reference to altmer

3: worship of the anticipations, waiting for Almsivi (pure Temple bullshit, of course)

4: change = daedra = changing to daedra worship

5: again change = daedra = boethiah

6: tongue of the lying past = Trinimac's voice

7: heard with trinimac's voice, recognised as the truth

8: Towers again

9: Unmoving = Stasis = Aedra worship

10: Emptiness = lies inherent to the conception of Aedra as ancestors

11: How the Aldmer were lied to, the language of Boethiah, in relation to her sphere

12: becoming the Chimer (changed ones), worshipping daedra

13: turning Trinimac into a shit

14: The voice is Trinimac's, the use of his voice had broken the illusions that the Aldmer were under, by exposing the lies of the Aedra

15: The words are those thought of by Boethiah. They give a new direction for the Aldmer to follow.

16: Reference to Altmer, towers

17: Lorkhan's heart; reference to Morrowind
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Nice. :)

Can't wait for more.

Don't really have the sufficient knowledge to challenge/correct the footnotes to any degree, but it all sounds right to me.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Nalin
Developer

Post by Nalin »

Bravo Lud.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Yay. Progress :D

Don't forget to add dialogue, these are stories not sermons
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

It reads more like an essay, actually. When you get done with the actual meat of the book, we can get it looking more like the others, you're looking good so far.
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Well shouldn't a book written about a figure who lived long before any of the others seems a little different? Hence the lack of dialogue.
But hey, what do I know :)
-Ophelia Benson
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Personally I'm fine with different styles. Also, especially with the Greater Saints, it'd be a bit weird to get too 'chummy' with someone like Veloth, and to hear every word they said. If he speaks less, the words we do get will have more weight. And remember that this book will have been written post-Chimer, and thus quite some time post-Exodus. Details will have been forgotten.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

It's missing something. You make plenty of obscure references, but in plain language.

Compare to:

Of all the et'Ada who wandered Nirn, Trinimac was the strongest. He, for a very long time, fooled the Aldmeri into thinking that tears were the best response to the Sundering. They cried and shamed our ancestors, especially the feminine Altmer. They even took the Missing God's name in vain, calling His narratives into question. So one day Boethiah, Prince of Plots, precocious youth, tricked Trinimac to go into his mouth. Boethiah talked like Trinimac for awhile then, and gathered enough people to listen to him. Boethiah showed them the lies of the et'Ada, the Aedra, and told them Trinimac was the biggest liar of all, saying all this with Trinimac's voice! Boethiah told the mass before him the Tri-Angled Truth. He showed them, with Mephala, the rules of Psijic Endeavor. He taught them how to build Houses, and what items they needed to bury in the Corners. He demonstrated the right way to wear their skin. He performed the way to walk to achieve an Exodus. Then Boethiah relieved himself of Trinimac right there on the ground before them to prove all the things he said were the truth. It was easy then for his new people to become the Changed Ones.

and

Accounts of the Middle Dawn are the province of the Empire of Men, and proof of the deceit that call themselves the Aedra. Eight stars fell on Tamriel, one for each iniquity that Lorkhan made clear to the world. Veloth read these signs, and he told Boethiah, who confirmed them, and he told Mephala, who made wards against them, and he told Azura, who sent ALMSIVI to steer the True Folk clear of harm. Even the Four Corners of the House of Troubles rose to protect the periphery of your madness. We watched our borders and saw them shift like snakes, and saw you run around in it like the spirits of old, devoid of math, without your if-thens, succumbing to the Ever Now like slaves of the slim folly, stasis. Do not ask us where we were when the Dragon Broke, for, of all the world, only we truly know, and we might just show you how to break it again.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

BC: "it'd be a bit weird to get too 'chummy' with someone like Veloth, and to hear every word they said."

True that some minor details will have been forgotten but famous quotes from Veloth would be cherished. Also, the words of Jesus or Moses or Muhamed were probably not their exact words but something someone later one thought he remembered. Im not saying make it a complete story with banter between X and Veloth. But famous speeches and quotes should be present.

Here's a good dialogue bit: Veloth's speech upon crossing the mountains. Veloth's rebuking of Trinimac. Veloth's cry to the Aldmer masses for change and proceeding to the exodus.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Ok, once more from the top, this time with feeling.

Those who would follow the three angles of the three sigils(1) must be blind to their neighbors(2) and re-shape the circle only to form an image of the ALMSIVI (Blessed Be Their Holy Names). You must step down from the tower(3) in order to walk the paths to the intersection of three angles. To walk this way is to walk the long step(5) first taken by Veloth, first among the speakers. (6)

The stories of Aldmeris are few. Yet fewer of these tell us of how our first speaker gained his voice. (7)

1)follow ALSMSIVI
2)don't be like the altmer
3)don't build a tower
4)instead follow Veloth's teachings to ALMSIVI
5)As opposed to the Altmer's short steps
6)Prophets
7)ie: Veloth's early years

More soon...
-Ophelia Benson
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Update needed ASAP
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Hate to necromance old threads, but I think it would be nice to have a finished Veloth gospel for Necrom.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

This really needs an update. Lud or anyone really... please finish this or write something we can include to replace the last book of Gilgamesh!
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

The child Veloth sat beneath the ancient duarmathin trees that strive upward towards the luminous cloud of diamond dust stars. The starlight refracted upon the dragonfly wing towers, descending luminously upon the child whose feet did not touch the earth, but seemed to hover above the jasper steps. He meditated and played with his aetherium toy blocks, building and unbuilding a spiraling tower, whose pinnacle whirled about like a crystalline flame, a crown of countless spokes which seemed to hum and whisper and sing those words sung only into the ear of Auriel. It seemed a chant, an endless motion of letters and sounds, a poem, a song of the ancestors. Together the endless murmurs of the et'Ada converged and a single voice emanated from the crowned tower: CHIM. The other children in the schoolyard watched the boy with fear, not daring to stare long at the unending motion of the simple blocks, refusing to listen to the unending ring of the sacred word.
The schoolmaster Hilithaen came down the steps of the tower and slapped the child Veloth across the head, unnerved and terrified of what the child had done. “Insolence! Such arrogance that would you trifle with the will of the Auriel.â€Â￾ The schoolmaster savaged Veloth with his hard hand whose fingertips had been dipped in fire-powder. “Not I nor the ascended masters of PSJJJJ would do what you have done. You are stained, Veloth! You have committed murder against your own spirit!â€Â￾ Hilithaen called unto the Void and it swallowed the boy up.
Hilithaen looked at the simple blocks, partly with disbelief, partly with fear. They were children’s toys in no way special, but how could this mere boy raise from them a crown of fire fit for Magnus himself? endless crowns upon crowns, each inch a crown in itself, as fierce as a fires of Red Mountain, but as delicate as a highest snowflake at the Throat of the World. The schoolmaster collected the blocks and dropped them into his satchel, hurrying into the ageless tower.
Yet Veloth, covered in welts from Hilithaen’s cruel hand, singed by the fire emanating from his master’s fingertips, hummed alone in the darkness of his cell. For this was his punishment, to be walled up in an impossibly small box, hovering above the Ash Pit. Hilithaen would commonly punish his students in this way, a fortnight in the most wretched of void realms. Yet even amongst the endless torrents of sulfurous winds, the boy could see heavenly light. He whispered the sacred word CHIM and above him flourished, a crown, thin gossamer strands of starlight. Veloth spoke and inhaled and whispered and cried out the words mysteriously placed in his mouth: AE GHARTOK PADHOME CHIM AE ALTADOON. The starlight strands wrapped about Veloth as a caterpillar takes to its cocoon. The tight iron box eroded into dust and was swept away by the howling winds. Veloth rubbed his burning eyes and beheld a lovely garden appearing as though from an illusion. He smiled and stepped away from his former cell. He gleamed brightly and sat amongst the starflowers and duskblossoms.
"Let me care for you, my son. I have waited for you for some time here in this place. I shall tarry a while that we may speak of the ancestors and the ways before the ways."
From the glistening brush peered a lovely face of golden skin.
Veloth rejoiced to see his mother. He ran to her among the midnight roses and embraced her and rocked in her arms. He sat with her along the side of a stone basin and she tended to his wounds, healing them as though my magic.
She turned to him and said, "I am most proud you, my son. You have a gift indeed. I cannot wait to see you use it."
Veloth questioned her words. "I have no gift to offer mother. I only have my love for you and our ancestors."
His Mother smiled, "Your gift is love and through it, love for your people. They will need you soon, my son."
Veloth ate his fill, undoubtedly to the anger of Hilithaen who would prefer the boy to starve. His mother stroke his hair and covered his precious face in endless kisses.
The Mother stood up and smiled at Veloth. "I must go now, my son. Your time draws nearer and you must return to Alinor." She kissed his forhead, leaving a radiant starmark.
Veloth disheartened, whispered, "Goodbye, my beloved mother. I will see you soon."
The garden began to fade away, like dust in the breeze, the flowers disappeared, the fountain, the trees, the grasses all faded away. Yet Veloth didn't care. He only watched his mother's eyes. As she began to fade, her skin turned the color of moonlight and her eyes like the stars of dawn and dusk.
Veloth cried out, "Mother?!" and fell unconscious.

--------------------------
Veloth will come into contact with Azura (above) as his mother. Boethiah as his father. Mephala as his grandmother. Afterwards, Veloth will have the strength to leave Summerset. Just an idea. Tell me what you think. At the very least, maybe it can be spliced with other writings.
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Yes Hemi, do it. Whatever we get is better than the last remnant of that terrible decision that was Gilgamesh.
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Did anyone ever complete this?
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

To my knowledge, no. If anyone did, it would have been Hemi and he just never posted it.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

i really have no excuses for this other than almsivi inspiration and the fact that i am on caffeine and its 4:30 in the morning.

i THE CHILD NEGOTIATES WITH THE DAEDRA GOOD AND BAD

The house looked like a diamond from afar, but when the child Veloth walked closer he realized it had four corners. He entered the House and held an unlikely negotiation with the four Bad Daedra that lived there. First he was approached by Mehrunes Dagon who brandished an axe in front of the child Veloth's visage. Calmly the child told the weapon its name rendering it useless. The Prince of Destruction then drew a sword and a spear and a whip, but to all these Veloth told their names and repeated them until the Daedroth admitted that a weapon alone was not a word of power but would suffer defeat over and over again. Veloth then looked the Mad Prince in the eye and spoke a warning from a vision which he would not receive until later in his life but which he yet somehow knew: AE JYGGALAD ALTADOON ANUAI. Sheogorath only heard the first two syllables and his madness was overcome with confusion and he withdrew inside his own head. The Prince of Rape drew nearer, slick and menacing, and though the child Veloth never joked he laughed at him and said: 'Future will reduce you to a toy for uninspired children to play with.' Molag Bal denied all this as anyone would, but the words nearly destroyed him. To the Swordbearing Prince the child Veloth said: 'I see you have changed. Where is the one who ate away your pride?' And Malacath pointed towards Boethiah and the two others who were with him and Veloth left the House of Troubles and its Four Corners and joined the company of the Good Daedra for awhile.

They are Boethiah and Mephala and Azura. They are the Anticipations though that name was yet unknown and they are the Reclamations though that name remains to be seen. Impressed by the child Veloth's cunning with the Bad Daedra they armed him with wisdom unlike ever seen, made him a grown man for no one would follow a child and whisked him away back to the island of Alinor.

The mantra with which the child defeated the Prince of Destruction is ALTADOON ALTADOON ALTADOON. The wise will understand it -- like a weapon untuned for this world -- does nothing.

ii VELOTH LEADS THE PEOPLE AND THE FOLLISOME TRINIMAC IS DEFEATED

Shortly after his encounter with the Daedra of Oblivion the prophet Veloth gave this speech to the people:

'The Good Daedra have shown me the way'--for they had done so through visions which have not been recorded--'they are the Anticipations and they will send us three champions to guide us through the darkness that is the light of old Aldmeris. Forsake your old ways and embrace your future lords. I will give you their names should you follow me.'

And people followed him as he walked the land. After three days the prophet Veloth stopped and said the first name:
'AYEM.'--as we now know. But of course the people could only hear Veloth say: 'BOETHIAH.'

They continued their journey which took them far to the east. From every village more followers joined them. When he reached the seashore the prophet Veloth turned and said the second name: 'SEHT.'--as we now know. But of course the people could only hear Veloth say: 'AZURA.'

With Azura's help they crossed the seafloor and emerged on the other shore. There Veloth revealed the third name: 'VEHK.'--as we now know. But of course the people could only hear Veloth say: 'MEPHALA.'

Then the prophet Veloth looked upon his followers and shouted: 'My children!'--he called them thus--'a new land awaits. If you truly have forsaken the decadent ways of old then you will follow me there.'

The Immobile Priests of Auriel had also followed the prophet Veloth for some time and they had heard what he had preached. They became irritated because their religion was the source of both their income and their arrogance and they feared the prophet Veloth would take it away from them. They called him a fool and said: 'Anu sent us Anui-El who sent us Auri-El who sent us...' they would go on and on and on coming up with new names for the essence of everything for that was their chosen method of proving things to be true.

The strongest among them was Trinimac and he had been bestowed with arrogance that rivaled that of the sun. He stood and towered over the children of Veloth and blocked their path with the Shield of Zealous Resistance and signed them to turn the other way with the Sword of Ardent Denial. And the Aldmer fools scurried eagerly in his feet and nodded fervently at every breath that their golden champion uttered. But Mephala appeared behind Trinimac and stabbed him in the back with a blade she called her Littlest Daughter and her sweet venom paralyzed him and the Anticipations appeared and dragged him into the Void. There Mephala and her daughters skinned the hero and sew the hide on Boethiah's back and fed him with the flesh while Azura kept watch for the sun at the gates of dawn. And wearing Trinimac's voice and flesh and skin Boethiah returned from the Void and spoke. He revealed the lies Trinimac had spoken and the Aldmer trembled and covered and soiled their garments and their faces in fear. And when the deed was done and the children of Veloth continued their exodus, then did Boethiah drag Trinimac back into the Void in his stomach. There the Axe-Bearded Mistress forcibly vomited the champion out so that it landed on a plane of ash and dust and Trinimac was Trinimac no more.

And so it became that the greatest of the Anuic champions became the least of the Padomaic, and though it may have been the first time it happened it would not be the last.

iii VELOTH'S VISION AND CROSSING THE MOUNTAINS TO RESDAYN

An unworthy scribe recorded this, but the wise may still draw words of power from it. A vision came upon Veloth. A star-spire of milk and glass struck itself into the bones of the earth chiming with AE JYGGALAD ALTADOON ANUAI, a sleeping child emerged from the fire bearing a face of brass singing [NUMINIT] [NUMINIT], a star reached its peak and went into hiding under the moon's shadow, flood came upon the lands and the ice washed away, uncertain parents bore uncertain children and a ruling king slew them over and over whilst reciting AE CHIM CE ALTADOON, the bugs and the weeds and the pieces of dust were too busy to talk, a host of dark anchors penetrated the soul of the world and rightly devoured those who threw gold at them, hands clutched a heart which cried foul murder and AE LKHN, a red king turned into the crude carving of time, diagrams after diagrams emerged in the air writing CHIM CE CHIM CE CHIM upon his eyes and Veloth touched a superficial door which read in the lettering of not-our-ancestors EKEM XAYAH IYA TAYEM and it was all over. Veloth then gathered the sense of all this and proclaimed to his people: 'HAI RESDAYNIA'. Inspired by all this the mountains gave way to the CHIMer and let them pass.

Seek the ending words in the vision and use them as you see fit.

iv. SAINT VELOTH WALKS EVER EASTWARD

Now comes the account of the last days of the Prophet of His People. Now an eldermer, a clanfather of all clanfathers, the Saint Veloth -- to be continued (three different truths are given: a) veloth walked through the dawn and dusk and went to Moonshadow b) veloth fell into sea to drown c) veloth walked all the way to akavir)
Last edited by Rats on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

If you ask me, you should never sleep again, you unworthy scribe :)
Le vent nous portera

Tea is important! - Cathartis
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

edited my above post. tweaked the bit about the devouring of Trinimac and started planning on the final chapter. (trying to come up with something new lore-wise for that.)

note: each chapter is supposedly written down by a different scribe, hence the seeming contradictions
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Was visiting TR and forgot about this. If not claimed, I will finish it. I never added this part. Review.

As he rose into his manhood, Veloth traveled amongst the people and healed them and spoke to them of a time not yet upon the earth: an awakening which he called CHIM, a calling forth from the lands of the golden-skinned. Those who followed in his path were called Chimer, or the tribe of the Awakening, the realization of the true self, the noble soul bound within the dying body. In Silsailen, Veloth came with his ten thousand followers and prophesied and healed the masses. “My people, the ancestors have forgotten us. The lords of the cities have abandoned us and have closed the doors to their children, devoting themselves to secret pledges and secret sins. Phynaster has closed his ears to our pleas for aid. Auriel’s days have grown shorter, swallowed by the darkness of night. We must break from the golden traditions of our people and must turn our hearts from this ancient tyranny.â€Â￾
Though the people cheered and cried out CHIM, the guards of the city came and arrested Veloth, dragging him to the palace of King Nariel. Cast upon the floor, Veloth rose, approached the alabaster throne and bowed before the master of the city. Once filled with the glorious light of the sun, the room had become dim and silent, barely lit with a handful of candles. In those days did rise a tumultuous whisper among the pristine gossamer towers of the Aldmeri. Word of a strange dusk fell over the pristine land. Thus came the days of darkness and silence amidst the lands of the undying.
Lord Nariel, bent forward from his dais and smugly eyed the fledgling wizard. He turned his eyes upward to the endless vaults of his throne room, almost alive with the glitter of jewels and gold and mithril. “So,â€Â￾ the king said, “you think the gods of this world have forsaken the Altmeri, Veloth, student of Hilithaen? Oh I, indeed, know of you. Your former master has spoken well of you and your talents. Though, he never revealed to me that you were such an arrogant infidel.â€Â￾ The King stood up, the golden scales of his armor ringing through the hall. “So you think the gods have forgotten us? Lord Auriel still shines his love upon us.â€Â￾ The King grinned and with a motion of his hand, servants brought in sculptures of living crystal and long candles of daedric wax. The statues glittered and became alive in the dim candlelight. “You see, traitor! Auriel’s power is always with us. Perhaps, it is you who can no longer see?â€Â￾ The King walked around Veloth and studied the puny man who lay bound upon the floor. “The Lessons of Phynaster are alive and well, Veloth. Our people have grown stronger ever more because of his teachings. My people and I keep Phynaster close to our hearts.â€Â￾ The King lowered his hands to Veloth’s face, allowing him to see a ruby band about his finger. “In my youth, I was cursed with wither, an illness that drained the life from me. My father ordered his men to find Lord Phynaster that he might have cured me. But Phynaster was already dead. All that was left was his ring. Through it, Phynaster granted me and my children long life and good health.â€Â￾ Nariel sat down on his throne, impatient but not knowing what to say.
Veloth stood up, bound and battered and proudly spoke to the king, “Where is Auriel’s gift in candles, Lord Nariel? Where are the honeyed rose beams of first morning? You have sealed Auriel out of this palace, only to profess a charlatan’s trick to be divine. And what good is Phynaster to the people beyond these walls? What good is his healing and health when you hoard his band away from the masses? Your people are sick and dying, yet you close up and lock the doors.â€Â￾
Lord Nariel, outraged and spurned took his body guard’s spear and thrust it at Veloth. He screamed out, “You know nothing, whelp! You think that gods would deign present their majesty to you? You dare speak false mysteries when your heart is as dim as your mind?â€Â￾
Veloth stood fast and firm, in deep reverence of the king of that city whose soul was embittered with melancholy and the shadows of oblivion. Nariel stared back, his head leaning forward like a snake, looking for a single flinch. When he could not scare Veloth, Nariel turned to his body guards and ordered them thus, “Take Veloth to the Prison at Vulkhel and there bind his tongue!â€Â￾ Though Veloth was stripped and carted through Silsailen like a criminal, yet he meditated upon the golden word CHIM.
Veloth’s followers gathered in the caverns near Valanth, a small village willing to hear their message of an awakening.
It was in this time, that a great darkness overshadowed the land. From Alinor to Cloudrest, a great shadow fell over the earth, blotting from the sky the brilliant sun. Agamelian, the famed master of the magical arts, called forth the greatest mystics and wizards of Summerset to this place called Amulunë, the shadowed hills, for this silent and unmoving blackness pervaded all. When nothing could be done, Hilithaen, Master of the Schools of Theurgy, and Mendas, the magical lord of Shimmerene gathered at Rosefield to examine and witness that which could not be sundered. The trees and plants had withered and the cities were darkened. And no matter what light they cast, it remained dreary and lifeless. Great Hilithaen spoke to Agamelian thus, “Master, there is naught in my power which can impress light in this place of darkness. A master is often stronger than his student, but I know of only one who could break this blight upon the land.â€Â￾
Agamelian, looked upon him to discern the truth in his heart. “You mean the student Veloth, who abandoned his schooling? What does he have that we don’t have? We are masters of this craft. He is a neophyte at most. He can do nothing against this.â€Â￾ Hilithaen looked disheartened. Agamelian put his hand on Hilithaen’s shoulder and spoke, “You must let go of this one who was unworthy of your training, my friend.â€Â￾
Hilithaen began to remember the feats of magic Veloth would fashion from air, an eternity of gleaming crowns and this CHIM which seemed to emanate from the nothingness. He turned to his students and bade them summon Veloth from wherever he was across the lands of the Altmer. In time, they found their way to the small village of Valanth and found Veloth’s followers, meditating upon CHIM, emanating light from the breaths of their words.
The servant called out, “Where is Veloth, the lost student of Hilithaen? Where is he the student who is now the master?â€Â￾
The followers of Veloth did not move, but through their prayers and orisons rose a single voice which fell on the servant’s ear: “Travel south to Vulkhen and there bound and gagged is our master and prophet, for the gods have dipped his tongue in gold.â€Â￾
The servant, in awe of the power of this mighty people, fell backwards as he run back towards the road. The road to Vulkhen was filled with barriers, for the high kings had sealed this land away from the followers of Veloth and CHIM.
As the servant approached the great towers of Vulkhen Prison, he lifted his staff and cried out, “Ward of Vulkhen, Master Agamelian bids you well! I have come for he who is a prophet among the masses. Bring forth the mystic Veloth!â€Â￾
The ward of the prison looked down smugly and commanded his men to open the gates and let Veloth out, still gagged with an iron piece.
The Ward, laughed and called out over the walls, “Here is he whom you seek. Master Agamelian has grown soft to welcome back to his fold him who is so mad as to forsake the ancient gods.â€Â￾
The servant unlocked the mouthpiece and freed Veloth’s voice. Weak, Veloth fell down among the servant who dragged him to a cart and carried him to Rosefield.
When Veloth woke, his eyes fixed upon his former master, Lord Hilithaen. “You have fallen very low indeed Veloth. You blaspheme the divine. You insult the high kings. Where have your eyes gone? Where is your mind that you let it loose to fancies and fog?â€Â￾ He stared at Veloth in disappointed. “Though you are needed now, Veloth, though your destiny is at hand, I cannot say I am proud of this yoke that you have embraced so candidly.â€Â￾
Veloth stood up from the cot and rose, looking past Hilithaen’s shoulders to the blackness that swallowed even the sunlight. “What is this, Hilithaen? What malice has set such a blackness upon the green fields and hills of Summerset?â€Â￾
Hilithaen looked on in fear and doubt. “Not even Agamelian has riddled this thing.â€Â￾
Veloth, closed his eyes as the darkness slowly slithered across the land, inch by inch it enveloped the foot of the camp. Veloth’s eyes were filled with images and smells and sounds and touches. He focused through them all and came once again to that eternal word, “CHIM!â€Â￾
The darkness blew back like smoke and fog. Veloth lifted his hands before the mass and sung out, “CHIM!â€Â￾ The blackness drew back swiftly. As it withdrew, Veloth could hears cackles and moans and soured sighs. He could see the collar of a purple suit, red eyes like fire and iron, and corpses hanging from bizarre landscapes. He felt the coarse iron walls and the heat of lava and smoke. Veloth cried out once more and the blackness lifted from the land. As the masters rejoiced, Veloth walked solemnly past them and stared out across the vale to the façade of an scorching iron palace. Upon his breath, he whispered, “It is the House of Troubles.â€Â￾
The hideous building was wild and ungeometric. It spoke of hideous truths and secret mysteries buried in sharp claws and horns. It whispered jealousies, madnesses, resentments, and blasphemies.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Nice to see you on the forums again, Hemi. What you've posted here looks great, but did you miss the more recent Veloth Gospel posted by Rats above? Of course, it's always great to have more quality texts for the mod, so I'm not complaining about you submitting your work as well. :)
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

All of Rats sections can easily be added. In this story, Veloth learns of CHIM, defeats the House of Troubles using the Good Daedra and leads an exodus. THEN we have the Rats' section, including what life is like for the Chimer as they cross over Tamriel. Hindered by the Bosmer, Ayleids, and Trinimac, the Chimer cross the deserts of northern Anequina and across the Topal Sea and finally over the Valus Mts. The Good Daedra stop at the mountains and foresee the Great Houses, the War with the Nords and Dwemer, and finally the coming of the Tribunal.

It seems long. What would be interesting, is if it were in two volumes, the first being very rare and the second being very common. So we see the Journey and the Tribunals, but we don't see a lot of the earlier legends. Of course these gospels were meant to be hocus pocus invented by the Temple to reinforce doctrine.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Could this be split into two topics for clarity?
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Another idea: Having all three out there as texts. Multiple gospels regarding Veloth, thereby keeping all three.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

The Mages Hilithaen and Agamelian rose up from the earth and hovered towards the ancient citadel of pain. Veloth, however, stood back and contemplated on the light and the darkness. The house seemed to draw them all in, each master of the art was drawn from the hillside towards the unholy cube. It called to them in a song of vanity and arrogance, calling all who would listen to its terrifying threshold. With a sudden sharp pain, Veloth was shown the destiny of all those who approached. The great doors of the House of Trouble gaped wide and from the darkness shot forth spikes and chains. One by one, the mages were pierced through, blood running down their robes and annointing the land with death. Hilithaen called out to Veloth as he was pierced, demanding that he flee.
Veloth stood in shock and wept loudly at the death of his master, but he could not flee from the evil before him.

A unified voice came from the threshold, slithering along the bloodied earth to meet the ears of Veloth, "We have slain them for you, Veloth. We have given you the highest seat in the land. Come to us and we shall rejoice in your name, higher even than Auri-El."

Veloth's mind was filled once again with tastes of bittered wine and rotted meat, of the scent of old ash and of many fires, of bile and puss. He felt the sharp cuttings of the harrada, the cackles of the Asyla, and the rancid sludge of the Coldharbour. Veloth became nauseous and groaned as he felt the spikes of strange flora cut into him. In less than a second his eyes were filled with visions of moon-drenched shores and labyrinthine gardens, and fields of flowers. Veloth seemed to lift from the ground beneath him and rise up into the air, enveloped by the sheer pleasure of this vision. As his eyes fell shut, he felt his body move forward and yet away.

When he opened his eyes, he kneeled before the thrones of Azura, Boethia, and Mephala. He stood up and looked about him, for the four of them were upon a mountain-top overlooking a vast green land.

Veloth bowed before them and called out to them, "Glorious Ladies of Oblivion, I am humbled by your calling."

"We are most humbled by your coming, Veloth." Azura spoke as if her very breath were exotic flowers and moonlight.

Boethia spoke as her armor clinked, "We have called unto you, Veloth. Our brethren seek to hinder your destiny. For your destiny lies here in the East. You must take your followers eastward beyond the Great Mountain, to the farthest east, for Summerset is lost."

Veloth lowered his eyes in respect to Their Greatnesses, and asked, "Is there no way to defeat the House of Troubles? Is there no way to save these lands?"

Mephala disappeared from her throne. Taking Veloth by the hand, she reappeared and guided him to the balconies. Together, they overlooked the destined realm. "Look as far as yours eye may allow, Veloth. This will be yours and your follwers, should you leave these lands."

Azura and Boethia approached the two. "We shall guide you across the Tamriel to the sacred lands promised. But, you must go now."

Veloth looked up to Azura and with earnest eyes pleaded, "Is there nothing I can do for the Altmer?

Azura smiled and spoke, "The Lords of Oblivion do not seek out the Fair Isles. They only seek to destroy you, Veloth. For you, unlike Hithlaen and Agamelian see beyond the walls of this mortal realm. You have witnessed the Crowned Tower. You have peered within its walls and have seen its greatest mysteries. Such knowledge, the Ill Daedra seek."

Boethia nodded, "They will kill you if you go there. Flee from this place and the Bad Daedra will leave it to."

Veloth crumbled under her words, "Am I to leave my people in this despair? If I leave now will the three Lords of Trouble only follow me until the very end of my natural life? Oh Ladies of Oblivion, I cannot do these things. I must confront the Sheogorath, Mehrunes Dagon, and Molag Bal."

Boethia's face soured in the wake of such defiance. She looked to Azura and Mephala for the answer of which even Boethia quaked.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

What of this is TR_Data-ready? What of this can be made TR_Data-ready on short notice?
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

I think where it ends here is good. Right now Im a full time lecturer and don't have a lot of time. BUT it is at a place where it can end. The full work would be HUGE. Life in Summerset, the Exodus into the land of the Bosmer, Trinimac, the Ayleids, the arrival at the Valus and crossing over, the Dwemer, to the farthest east at Necrom where the Anticipations predict the Tribunal.

I thought it would be interesting to shred this into pieces. A lost gospel of Veloth. Kinda like the pseudepigrapha and apocrypha in early Christianity.

EDIT
i.e. it is up to the player to piece together the fragments of this early work of the Tribunal Temple.

None of the gospels were meant to be accurate stories, just propaganda to support the Temple.
Last edited by Hemitheon on Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Can I have a text that I can (format and) put into TR_Data? I'm just not having the time to read through this thread...
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

The Gospel of Saint Veloth I

The child Veloth sat beneath the ancient duarmathin trees that strove upward towards the luminous cloud of diamond dust stars. The starlight refracted upon the dragonfly wing towers, descending luminously upon the child whose feet did not touch the earth but seemed to hover above the jasper steps. He meditated and played with his aetherium toy blocks, building and unbuilding a spiraling tower, whose pinnacle whirled about like a crystalline flame, a crown of countless spokes which seemed to hum and whisper and sing those words sung only into the ear of Auriel. It seemed a chant, an endless motion of letters and sounds, a poem, a song of the ancestors. Together the endless murmurs of the et'Ada converged and a single voice emanated from the crowned tower: CHIM. The other children in the schoolyard watched the boy with fear, not daring to stare long at the unending motion of the simple blocks, refusing to listen to the unending ring of the sacred word.
The schoolmaster Hilithaen came down the steps of the tower and slapped the child Veloth across the head, unnerved and terrified of what the child had done. “Insolence! Such is your arrogance that would you trifle with the will of the Auriel.â€Â￾ The schoolmaster savaged Veloth with his hard hand whose fingertips had been dipped in fire-powder. “Not I nor the ascended masters of PSJJJJ would do what you have done. You are stained, Veloth! You have committed murder against your own spirit!â€Â￾ Hilithaen called unto the Void and it swallowed the boy up.
Hilithaen looked at the simple blocks, partly with disbelief, partly with fear. They were children’s toys in no way special, but how could this mere boy raise from them a crown of fire fit for Magnus himself? Endless crowns upon crowns, each inch a crown in itself, as fierce as the fires of Red Mountain, but as delicate as the highest snowflake at the Throat of the World. The schoolmaster collected the blocks and dropped them into his satchel, hurrying into the ageless tower.
Yet Veloth, covered in welts from Hilithaen’s cruel hand, singed by the fire emanating from his master’s fingertips, hummed alone in the darkness of his cell. For this was his punishment, to be walled up in an impossibly small box, hovering above the Ash Pit. Hilithaen would commonly punish his students in this way, a fortnight in the most wretched of void realms. Yet even amongst the endless torrents of sulfurous winds, the boy could see heavenly light. He whispered the sacred word CHIM and above him flourished, a crown, thin gossamer strands of starlight. Veloth spoke and inhaled and whispered and cried out the words mysteriously placed in his mouth: AE GHARTOK PADHOME CHIM AE ALTADOON. The starlight strands wrapped about Veloth like a caterpillar taking to its cocoon. The tight iron box eroded into dust and was swept away by the howling winds. Veloth rubbed his burning eyes and beheld a lovely garden appearing as though from an illusion. He smiled and stepped away from his former cell. He gleamed brightly and sat amongst the starflowers and duskblossoms.
"Let me care for you, my son. I have waited for you for some time here in this place. I shall tarry a while that we may speak of the ancestors and the ways before the ways."
From the glistening brush peered a lovely face of golden skin.
Veloth rejoiced to see his mother. He ran to her among the midnight roses and embraced her and rocked in her arms. He sat with her along the side of a stone basin and she tended to his wounds, healing them as though by magic.
She turned to him and said, "I am most proud you, my son. You have a gift indeed. I cannot wait to see you use it."
Veloth questioned her words. "I have no gift to offer, mother. I only have my love for you and our ancestors."
His Mother smiled, "Your gift is love and through it love for your people. They will need you soon, my son."
Veloth ate his fill, undoubtedly to the anger of Hilithaen who would prefer the boy to starve. His mother stroked his hair and covered his precious face in endless kisses.
The Mother stood up and smiled at Veloth. "I must go now, my son. Your time draws nearer and you must return to Alinor." She kissed his forehead, leaving a radiant starmark.
Veloth disheartened, whispered, "Goodbye, my beloved mother. I will see you soon."
The garden began to fade away, like dust in the breeze, the flowers disappeared, the fountain, the trees, the grasses all faded away. Yet Veloth didn't care. He only watched his mother's eyes. As she began to fade, her skin turned the color of moonlight and her eyes like the stars of dawn and dusk.
Veloth cried out, "Mother?!" and fell unconscious.
As he rose into his manhood, Veloth traveled amongst the people and healed them and spoke to them of a time not yet upon the earth: an awakening which he called CHIM, a calling forth from the lands of the golden-skinned. Those who followed in his path were called Chimer, or the tribe of the Awakening, the realization of the true self, the noble soul bound within the dying body. In Silsailen, Veloth came with his ten thousand followers and prophesied and healed the masses. “My people, the ancestors have forgotten us. The lords of the cities have abandoned us and have closed the doors to their children, devoting themselves to secret pledges and secret sins. Phynaster has closed his ears to our pleas for aid. Auriel’s days have grown shorter, swallowed by the darkness of night. We must break from the golden traditions of our people and must turn our hearts from this ancient tyranny.â€Â￾
Though the people cheered and cried out CHIM, the guards of the city came and arrested Veloth, dragging him to the palace of King Nariel. Cast upon the floor, Veloth rose, approached the alabaster throne and bowed before the master of the city. Once filled with the glorious light of the sun, the room had become dim and silent, barely lit with a handful of candles. In those days did rise a tumultuous whisper among the pristine gossamer towers of the Aldmeri. Word of a strange dusk fell over the pristine land. Thus came the days of darkness and silence amidst the lands of the undying.
Lord Nariel, bent forward from his dais and smugly eyed the fledgling wizard. He turned his eyes upward to the endless vaults of his throne room, almost alive with the glitter of jewels and gold and mithril. “So,â€Â￾ the king said, “you think the gods of this world have forsaken the Altmeri, Veloth, student of Hilithaen? Oh I, indeed, know of you. Your former master has spoken well of you and your talents. Though, he never revealed to me that you were such an arrogant infidel.â€Â￾ The King stood up, the golden scales of his armor ringing through the hall. “So you think the gods have forgotten us? Lord Auriel still shines his love upon us.â€Â￾ The King grinned and with a motion of his hand, servants brought in sculptures of living crystal and long candles of daedric wax. The statues glittered and became alive in the dim candlelight. “You see, traitor! Auriel’s power is always with us. Perhaps, it is you who can no longer see?â€Â￾ The King walked around Veloth and studied the puny man who lay bound upon the floor. “The Lessons of Phynaster are alive and well, Veloth. Our people have grown stronger ever more because of his teachings. My people and I keep Phynaster close to our hearts.â€Â￾ The King lowered his hands to Veloth’s face, allowing him to see a ruby band about his finger. “In my youth, I was cursed with wither, an illness that drained the life from me. My father ordered his men to find Lord Phynaster that he might have cured me. But Phynaster was already dead. All that was left was his ring. Through it, Phynaster granted me and my children long life and good health.â€Â￾ Nariel sat down on his throne, impatient but not knowing what to say.
Veloth stood up, bound and battered and proudly spoke to the king, “Where is Auriel’s gift in candles, Lord Nariel? Where are the honeyed rose beams of first morning? You have sealed Auriel out of this palace, only to profess a charlatan’s trick to be divine. And what good is Phynaster to the people beyond these walls? What good is his healing and health when you hoard his band away from the masses? Your people are sick and dying, yet you close up and lock the doors.â€Â￾
Lord Nariel, outraged and spurned took his body guard’s spear and thrust it at Veloth. He screamed out, “You know nothing, whelp! You think that gods would deign present their majesty to you? You dare speak false mysteries when your heart is as dim as your mind?â€Â￾
Veloth stood fast and firm, in deep reverence of the king of that city whose soul was embittered with melancholy and the shadows of oblivion. Nariel stared back, his head leaning forward like a snake, looking for a single flinch. When he could not scare Veloth, Nariel turned to his body guards and ordered them thus, “Take Veloth to the Prison at Vulkhel and there bind his tongue!â€Â￾ Though Veloth was stripped and carted through Silsailen like a criminal, yet he meditated upon the golden word CHIM.
Veloth’s followers gathered in the caverns near Valanth, a small village willing to hear their message of an awakening.
It was in this time, that a great darkness overshadowed the land. From Alinor to Cloudrest, a great shadow fell over the earth, blotting from the sky the brilliant sun. Agamelian, the famed master of the magical arts, called forth the greatest mystics and wizards of Summerset to this place called Amulunë, the shadowed hills, for this silent and unmoving blackness pervaded all. When nothing could be done, Hilithaen, Master of the Schools of Theurgy, and Mendas, the magical lord of Shimmerene gathered at Rosefield to examine and witness that which could not be sundered. The trees and plants had withered and the cities were darkened. And no matter what light they cast, it remained dreary and lifeless. Great Hilithaen spoke to Agamelian thus, “Master, there is naught in my power which can impress light in this place of darkness. A master is often stronger than his student, but I know of only one who could break this blight upon the land.â€Â￾
Agamelian, looked upon him to discern the truth in his heart. “You mean the student Veloth, who abandoned his schooling? What does he have that we don’t have? We are masters of this craft. He is a neophyte at most. He can do nothing against this.â€Â￾ Hilithaen looked disheartened. Agamelian put his hand on Hilithaen’s shoulder and spoke, “You must let go of this one who was unworthy of your training, my friend.â€Â￾
Hilithaen began to remember the feats of magic Veloth would fashion from air, an eternity of gleaming crowns and this CHIM which seemed to emanate from the nothingness. He turned to his students and bade them summon Veloth from wherever he was across the lands of the Altmer. In time, they found their way to the small village of Valanth and found Veloth’s followers, meditating upon CHIM, emanating light from the breaths of their words.
The servant called out, “Where is Veloth, the lost student of Hilithaen? Where is he the student who is now the master?â€Â￾
The followers of Veloth did not move, but through their prayers and orisons rose a single voice which fell on the servant’s ear: “Travel south to Vulkhen and there bound and gagged is our master and prophet, for the gods have dipped his tongue in gold.â€Â￾
The servant, in awe of the power of this mighty people, fell backwards as he run back towards the road. The road to Vulkhen was filled with barriers, for the high kings had sealed this land away from the followers of Veloth and CHIM.
As the servant approached the great towers of Vulkhen Prison, he lifted his staff and cried out, “Ward of Vulkhen, Master Agamelian bids you well! I have come for he who is a prophet among the masses. Bring forth the mystic Veloth!â€Â￾
The ward of the prison looked down smugly and commanded his men to open the gates and let Veloth out, still gagged with an iron piece.
The Ward, laughed and called out over the walls, “Here is he whom you seek. Master Agamelian has grown soft to welcome back to his fold him who is so mad as to forsake the ancient gods.â€Â￾
The servant unlocked the mouthpiece and freed Veloth’s voice. Weak, Veloth fell down among the servant who dragged him to a cart and carried him to Rosefield.
When Veloth woke, his eyes fixed upon his former master, Lord Hilithaen. “You have fallen very low indeed Veloth. You blaspheme the divine. You insult the high kings. Where have your eyes gone? Where is your mind that you let it loose to fancies and fog?â€Â￾ He stared at Veloth in disappointed. “Though you are needed now, Veloth, though your destiny is at hand, I cannot say I am proud of this yoke that you have embraced so candidly.â€Â￾
Veloth stood up from the cot and rose, looking past Hilithaen’s shoulders to the blackness that swallowed even the sunlight. “What is this, Hilithaen? What malice has set such a blackness upon the green fields and hills of Summerset?â€Â￾
Hilithaen looked on in fear and doubt. “Not even Agamelian has riddled this thing.â€Â￾
Veloth, closed his eyes as the darkness slowly slithered across the land, inch by inch it enveloped the foot of the camp. Veloth’s eyes were filled with images and smells and sounds and touches. He focused through them all and came once again to that eternal word, “CHIM!â€Â￾
The darkness blew back like smoke and fog. Veloth lifted his hands before the mass and sung out, “CHIM!â€Â￾ The blackness drew back swiftly. As it withdrew, Veloth could hears cackles and moans and soured sighs. He could see the collar of a purple suit, red eyes like fire and iron, and corpses hanging from bizarre landscapes. He felt the coarse iron walls and the heat of lava and smoke. Veloth cried out once more and the blackness lifted from the land. As the masters rejoiced, Veloth walked solemnly past them and stared out across the vale to the façade of an scorching iron palace. Upon his breath, he whispered, “It is the House of Troubles.â€Â￾
The hideous building was wild and ungeometric. It spoke of hideous truths and secret mysteries buried in sharp claws and horns. It whispered jealousies, madnesses, resentments, and blasphemies.
The Mages Hilithaen and Agamelian rose up from the earth and hovered towards the ancient citadel of pain. Veloth, however, stood back and contemplated on the light and the darkness. The house seemed to draw them all in, each master of the art was drawn from the hillside towards the unholy cube. It called to them in a song of vanity and arrogance, calling all who would listen to its terrifying threshold. With a sudden sharp pain, Veloth was shown the destiny of all those who approached. The great doors of the House of Trouble gaped wide and from the darkness shot forth spikes and chains. One by one, the mages were pierced through, blood running down their robes and anointing the land with death. Hilithaen called out to Veloth as he was pierced, demanding that he flee.
Veloth stood in shock and wept loudly at the death of his master, but he could not flee from the evil before him.
A unified voice came from the threshold, slithering along the bloodied earth to meet the ears of Veloth, "We have slain them for you, Veloth. We have given you the highest seat in the land. Come to us and we shall rejoice in your name, higher even than Auri-El."
Veloth's mind was filled once again with tastes of bittered wine and rotted meat, of the scent of old ash and of many fires, of bile and puss. He felt the sharp cuttings of the harrada, the cackles of the Asyla, and the rancid sludge of the Coldharbour. Veloth became nauseous and groaned as he felt the spikes of strange flora cut into him. In less than a second his eyes were filled with visions of moon-drenched shores and labyrinthine gardens, and fields of flowers. Veloth seemed to lift from the ground beneath him and rise up into the air, enveloped by the sheer pleasure of this vision. As his eyes fell shut, he felt his body move forward and yet away.
When he opened his eyes, he knelt before the thrones of Azura, Boethia, and Mephala. He stood up and looked about him, for the four of them were upon a mountain-top overlooking a vast green land.
Veloth bowed before them and called out to them, "Glorious Ladies of Oblivion, I am humbled by your calling."
Azura, smiled softly and spoke gently, "Pious Veloth, we have seen the dreaded three-sided house come among the Altmer."
Boethiah, walked passed Veloth, "We have seen within your heart an earnest desire to bring war upon the Ill Daedra."
Mephala, smiled understandingly, "Do not doubt yourself, Veloth, for none but the gods may repel the desires of the Three-Sided House."
The three Ladies peered into Veloth's mind and spoke without words, There is little time. You must take those who will flee and journey eastward across Tamriel. Do not stop until you have reached the end of the world. The House of Troubles have come to prevent your destiny, to hinder the Great Work. Lead the exodus and the Lords of Trouble will follow you. This is not the place nor the time to combat the Three-Sided House."
Mephala walked to Azura's side and spoke, "No ships are prepared for you, Veloth. Simply walk in faith upon the water and dry earth will rise up to meet you. So will it be with all those whose faith is pure. Know, Veloth that for those whose faiths dwell in shaky hearts will find naught but the hungry sea beneath their feet."
Boethiah stepped away from Veloth, joining the two daedra and spoke, "Great Visionary, understand that while you lead these people to abundance and freedom, your journey will be hard and often hindered, for the world is peopled with many peoples."
Visions and prophecies flashed into Veloth's mind once again, images of the future close at hand. Veloth watched a strange wooded shrine, splashed in blood, the banging of drums loud in his ears. He saw White Towers spewing smoke out into the wide sky, bellowing with necromancy and ritual. Strange beastfolk collared and chained, dragged across the desert. And beyond a great mountain land sprawling in fields and forests.
Mephala, taking Veloth by the hand, guided him to the balconies. Together, they overlooked the alien landscape. "Look as far as yours eye may allow, Veloth. This is the destined realm. It has been made for you and those who follow you since the beginning of time. Simply arrive at its great gates and it will proclaim you master."
Azura and Boethia approached the two. "We shall guide you across Tamriel to the sacred lands promised. But, you must go now."
Veloth looked to the goddesses in disbelief, fearing the wide world beyond Summerset. "I shall abide, great goddesses, for you know my heart relies upon only you and your words. I shall turn my face from the horrors of these shadowed hills and I shall walk past the bodies of my beloved mentors."
Azura looked with such intense mercy, "It is time for the student to now be the teacher. The world must hear your message, Veloth. Teach them and guide them."
Veloth took up his wooden stick and bowed low, walking backwards. As he turned away from their shimmering faces, his heart grew heavy. He looked back to the three goddesses standing there in perfection like living statues. "What of me, Your Graces?"
Azura's hopeful smile turned. Boethiah's stern pride wavered. Mephala's stoicism softened. Boethiah and Mephala turned to Azura. Azura gathered her strength and spoke into Veloth's mind. "As for you, dear Veloth, your journey will never end, even after you have crossed Nirn and the Planes That Are countless times. There is no rest for you, Veloth. There is only the road. Do not think this some cruel joke of the divine. Do not think this some punishment for deeds unremembered. You are on a separate path, separate from not only your followers, but all of this plane, for each step you take brings you closer to Destiny. The world holds its bated breath in anticipation for what is to come."
Azura reached down and kisses Veloth upon his lips; his body transformed into a cascade of falling dusk lilies, whose purple petals showered to the earth below. Veloth opened his eyes and beheld the bleak fortress of iron and agonies. He turned his gaze away towards the rising sun and the dying twilight. He gathered his strength and his will and walked humbly away from the open challenge of the Lords of Troubles. He took to the small port at Lamiela and boarded a long ship destined for the isle of Auridon. As the sun rose steadily into the sky, amid a choir of clouds and dying starlight, Veloth beheld his followers singing and dancing along the shores, whirling as mystics do for they were made aware of the prophecy of the three Daedra. Mephala had been among them.
Veloth descended from the long ship and called out to his followers, “Are you prepared, my brothers and sisters, for the journey before us is long and the way dangerous? Many will fall along the roadside and many will perish before the sacred land is found. Our souls wait with bated breath, anticipating the destined new order. Gather what things you need and let us depart. The islands of Summerset have soured and the endless favor upon the Altmer has come upon its end. Let must go forth a new race, a new people with a new name. CHIMERI, I call unto you. Do you harken unto me?â€Â￾
The crowds cried out in abandon for the coming glory filled their eyes with wonders brighter than the celestial bodies. Veloth took up his staff and moved through his followers; the Chimeri gathered and followed him.

END BOOK I
Last edited by Hemitheon on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I think it would be best if someone like Adanorcil, Gro-Dhal or Sload looked these texts over before they get included in Data.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Made your corrections so far.

Apparently it's very messy. Sorry.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

OK. I updated this text a little. I also gave it the title the Gospel of Saint Veloth I. Veloth's story is the longest of all the gospels as he is the most important. So Gospel I in Summerset. Gospel II Trinimac and fighting their way through Valenwood, Anequina, and Cyrodiil and Gospel III the Valus Mountains and the Dwemer ending with their arrival at the what would be Necrom. Veloth leaving his people to continue his journey Eastward. His vision of the Tribunal to come.