i3-788-Imp

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Seneca37
Lead Developer

i3-788-Imp

Post by Seneca37 »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-788-Imp (#2767)
Faction: Imperial
Parent claim: TR_3-24-Imp (#128)
Claimed by: Miraclestone
Local map: Felms hamlet Indoril-Thirr
Files: TR_i3-788-Imp_Miraclestone_1.esp; TR_i3-788-Imp_Miraclestone_2.esp; TR_i3-788-Imp_Miraclestone_3.esp; TR_i3-788-Imp_Miraclestone_4.esp; TR_i3-788-Imp_Miraclestone_5.esp

---

HIGH PRIORITY - St. Felms hamlet building #8 (see local map). (in_de_shack_02)
Slave shack: the slaves mostly help out with taking care of the velk and lugging stuff around. Their presence in this particular instance somewhat indicates special favour from Ilvi, Ilvi relying on the hamlet as he does for his supply of high-class velk beverage. They are not strictly necessary for the running of the hamlet, but are mostly there to make the lives of the inhabitants just a little bit more comfortable.

Make sure to download the most recent file here: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24623 for the exterior; located in cell [7, -22].
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

Im interesting in claiming this but can I get confirmation that the local map stated above IS accurate? My cell is full of Indoril style buildings not Velothi like in the picture. I dled the TR_IndorilThirr_v.0050.esp in the description and gave it priority in the load order so I'm not sure what the issue would be. Thanks in advance.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

The latest file is located at the bottom of the thread, v.0098. The local map is accurate.
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

oh I feel stupid now, I dled the wrong one sorry I wasted your time. Let me take a look then I'll decide if I'm still interested!
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

No problem. :)
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

Attempting Claim! As per the description, the interior will exlusively be contained with a 'in_de_shack_02' and houses three slaves. Being a slave shack, it will be cramped but these slaves have it alittle better than most. Rather than bedrolls there will be hammocks and even a table! Some cheap wine and candles also decorate the interior and a few crates or barrels will be contained in the interior used by the slaves to store food and clothing. The laxer nature of the hamlet allows for the slaves to hoard personal items including coins and trinkets; one of them even seems to have gotten their hands on a fishing rod!
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Sounds good. Its yours.
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

UPDATE! I am submitting this for review!
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Off to review.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Returned to claimant for some minor fixing.
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

Update! I decided to start over do to how many objects would need to be adjusted; it was pretty crowded for a slave shack anyways and I can do better. To avoid the same issues as last time I'm not doing it all in one go and separating my work loads over time. Would like to hear back to see if this is the right directions and/or if any of my practices are creating problems. Thanks in advance!

PS The chest was not positioned in this file yet
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Sorry for taking so long in getting back to you. As long as you are willing, I see no problem in redoing the interior; separating the workload also seems fine, certainly if you keep up the monthly updates while you're at it. :) I think making the slave-shack less crowded is a good direction as well. While the slaves wouldn't necessarily be put under a heavy workload, I don't think the Dunmer would leave the slaves alone too much either.
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

Alright another small update, here are some brief thoughts so far:

[spoiler]1) The furn_de_ex_table_02 has a very bumpy surface and even when objects are placed correctly on it they look unnatural. I'm considering switching it out for a flatter table such as the ones from TR_Data.esm yet I don't want to give up the 'crappy' aspect of the model (the texture also matches the rest of the wood in the shack well)
2) Wanted to set up a small 'station' for the slaves to descale the fish they catch on the river and that may still come into the final version.
3) I added a little hiding in the furn_de_shack_basket_01 where one of the slaves is stashing a lockpick and gold along with a drum, I image the drum does not need to be hidden but is there for sentimental reasons.
4)The bedroll in the corner is meant to be separated from the the rest of the shack for not specified reasons, leave that up to the player or quest maker.[/spoiler]

I'll be proceeding on as planned but if anyone has any concerns after looking at this recent file let me know :D. Hope everyone is well.
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

Update! Submitting for Review again!

If there are any glaring issues with the interior don't hesitate to comment below so I can fix/improve it quickly.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Could you work a bit more on the table and stool. They are both floating just a bit too much.
Thanks
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

No problem, fixed in about 15 mins. You know how it can be, if away from an interior for too long you can forget what you placed properly. Took a quick scan and couldn't find anything else glaring but feel free to send it back to me if you find any issues.

Simple question, is the clutter in this interior balanced for its intended purpose? I had a hard time identifying how to fill an interior for slaves and keep it interesting; honestly I can't tell if I overdid it or left too much out. Quick opinions on this subject would be most welcome and hopefully will help me with future claims.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Off to review
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Ambient/Sunlight/Fog/Illegal to Sleep Here: Good/Good/Good/Checked
Correct Tileset: Yes
Books: None
Container Contents: Good
In-game map: Good
Locks/Traps: None
Lights: Good
Sounds: None
Final Tesame Check: Good

BLEEDERS:
-misc_com_wood_cup_01
-furn_log_02
-furn_log_04
-light_de_candle_10

FLOATERS:
-TR_w_cook_knife_00
-Misc_Com_Wood_Bowl_01
-ingred_crab_meat_01
-misc_com_bottle_02
-misc_hook
-misc_com_wood_fork
-misc_com_bottle_01
-Gold_001
-misc_com_basket_01

OTHER ISSUES:
-Adjusted the fire a bit.
-Slightly raised com_sack_02

Comments Nice slave shack!

Rating 8.5 out of 10
Attachments
TR_i3-788-Imp.esp
(6.38 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

(Can't upload the file for this at the moment)

Clean: Yes.
Lighting: Good.
Northmarker: Present, rotated to match exterior.
Illegal To Sleep Here: Yes.

Floaters:
barrel_01_cheapfood20
Gold_001
Gold_001
ingred_crab_meat_01
ingred_crab_meat_01
misc_com_bottle_02
misc_com_wood_fork
pick_journeyman_01
T_Com_Var_Knife_01
T_IngFood_FishSlaughterDried_01

Bleeders:
com_sack_03_chpfood5
Ex_De_Shack_Plank_03
furn_de_ex_stool_02
misc_com_bottle_02
misc_com_bottle_02
misc_com_bucket_01
misc_de_fishing_pole

Other:
Repositioned 'furn_web10' to hide the vertically-hanging strands.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »