Claim ID: TR_i5-28-Red (#1763)
Faction: Redoran
Parent claim: TR_5-21-Red (#1577)
Claimed by: Parted User
Local map: Kogotel
Files: None

---

Kogotel Claim #28:

The "Unbreakable Tower" - A large monastery, includes a shrine.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

unlocking now that this has been decided
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

no one claim this

thrignar i asked you not to put this up until it had lore.

"a monastery" is not lore. its framework for lore to be built in. if that's what i meant i wouldn't have had you keep from putting it up because i decided it weeks before you decided to put kogotel up for claiming.

put this back in n/a until the monastery is made from "a monastery with a shrine" to something with actual substance.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Re-Locked
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Wouldn't it be cool if the centre of the tower was open almost all the way to the top? There could be a cool sacred rock or giant statue in this open space. It will make a first class pilgrimage site and a reason the monastery and the tower is there.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Considering how I want to open up the new int claims for Kogotel once we move along some of the new claims, I think it'd be a good idea to conceptualise what we want this claim to be.

Obviously it's not a monastery, but what should it be? Based on the Redoran design document, it's at the very least the main site of the Ash March.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

This discussion should take place elsewhere.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Does this claim's exterior still exist? That's a rather old map of Kogotel.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

It looks like this claim's information is left over from the original design. I believe that this is now the large structure at the top of the stairs, buried within the mountain top. However, I can not find any lore, or description associated with this place.

In [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24005&highlight=kogo%2A]House Redoran Brainstorming[/url], on 09 Dec 2013, Aeven stated the following:
I want to know what people consider to be a good interior for the 'big building' in Kogotel. Originally it was going to be a monastery in the old town design, which is obviously not the way to go.
But then in [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24593]M3A3 Detaililng/NPCing[/url], on 17 Jun 2014, Sload states the following:
...(this is the cause of every monastic order that exists in TR except the one at kogotel afaik)
which I believe is a reference to his statement, from [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23781]All Things Redoran[/url], on 30 Jul 2013:
First, Kogotel, as presently concepted and interiored, is not a council city. Kartur and Baan Malur both have council halls, Kogotel does not. The building that dominates Kogotel is a monastery. ...
But I still can not find any description of this "monastery". So until the lore/description for this building is flushed-out, no one can claim it.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Moving to N/A. I don't think such an important interior should be claimed until we have a concrete plan written out for Kogotel; otherwise we may even have to re-do it at a later point.