Ragox's Interior + Exterior Showcase

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Ragox
Developer

Ragox's Interior + Exterior Showcase

Post by Ragox »

Good day to you all!

Some of you may or may not know me from the [url=http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/30186//?]More Detailed Places project[/url], which is now completed.
So now that's done, why not offer my help to my by far favorite MW mod I thought! :)

Well so, in the Showcase I did you'll find a new house right next to the infamous South Wall Cornerclub.
It's owner is a secluded Dunmer named Bradas Tenim, who seems to be quite interested in some nasty stuff, namely Daedra worshipping.

I also made some small adjustments to the terrain around the house, so it'll fit in better.
Attachments
Ragox_Showcase.esp
My small Showcase in Balmora
(139.19 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
Last edited by Ragox on Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

Although your effort to make your interior showcase as interesting as possible is laudable, we only look for the interior itself. So, no NPC-s, no exterior, just an interior. Your file is extremely dirty; please clean it after removing everything that isn't vital to your interior showcase. As for the interior itself, there are lots of floaters and bleeders. It seems you are not very consistent in your use of rotation; not everything has been rotated properly (or at all). Also, there are a few examples of furniture placed half-on, half-off rugs.
Le vent nous portera

Tea is important! - Cathartis
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Jule wrote:Although your effort to make your interior showcase as interesting as possible is laudable, we only look for the interior itself. So, no NPC-s, no exterior, just an interior. Your file is extremely dirty; please clean it after removing everything that isn't vital to your interior showcase. As for the interior itself, there are lots of floaters and bleeders. It seems you are not very consistent in your use of rotation; not everything has been rotated properly (or at all). Also, there are a few examples of furniture placed half-on, half-off rugs.
Thanks a lot for the very fast feedback Jule! :)
I should've fixed most of the issues mentioned above now.
Cell name was changed to "Ragox_Showcase".

Edit: Uploaded a new version, which hopefully is perfect now.
Attachments
Ragox_Showcase.esp
My updated Showcase
(12.02 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

Let's see! Northmarker set, fits exterior, light settings are OK, gridsnap used, NOT CLEAN (more on that later on). No style mixing. Details:

- I kinda wanted to bitch about the bedroll but seems that Bethesda does that same sinking-it-into-the-floor thing on numerous occasions, so I guess it's fine
- furn_de_rug_big_04 bleeding into floor
- barrel_01_cheapfood5 floating
Nitpicking: misc_com_bottle_05 on floor bleeding slightly into wallscreen; misc_de_lute_01 bleeding into floor slightly; ceramic bowls (misc_de_bowl_orange_green_01) should be lowered a bit more; misc_quill seems to be floating somewhat; I usually avoid placing anything on the crumpled cloth because it either looks like it's floating above the cloth or like it's bleeding into it, thought the bones fit better than the plate; rug should be placed a bit farther away from the door so the door doesn't bleed into it when you open it.

I don't know what PGRD means in TESAME (I guess it's some kind of pathgrid?), but you should clean that out, too.

Overall this is a really good showcase interior. It could use some more detail, though this is only my personal opinion as a clutter-monkey. Your rotational skills are excellent. So, if you'd like to fix these few little errors and cleaning your file, do so, and I'll happily recommend you for promotion.
Le vent nous portera

Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Jule wrote:Let's see! Northmarker set, fits exterior, light settings are OK, gridsnap used, NOT CLEAN (more on that later on). No style mixing. Details:

- I kinda wanted to bitch about the bedroll but seems that Bethesda does that same sinking-it-into-the-floor thing on numerous occasions, so I guess it's fine
- furn_de_rug_big_04 bleeding into floor
- barrel_01_cheapfood5 floating
Nitpicking: misc_com_bottle_05 on floor bleeding slightly into wallscreen; misc_de_lute_01 bleeding into floor slightly; ceramic bowls (misc_de_bowl_orange_green_01) should be lowered a bit more; misc_quill seems to be floating somewhat; I usually avoid placing anything on the crumpled cloth because it either looks like it's floating above the cloth or like it's bleeding into it, thought the bones fit better than the plate; rug should be placed a bit farther away from the door so the door doesn't bleed into it when you open it.

I don't know what PGRD means in TESAME (I guess it's some kind of pathgrid?), but you should clean that out, too.

Overall this is a really good showcase interior. It could use some more detail, though this is only my personal opinion as a clutter-monkey. Your rotational skills are excellent. So, if you'd like to fix these few little errors and cleaning your file, do so, and I'll happily recommend you for promotion.
As I told you earlier on IRC; thanks a lot for having done another review for me and I'm really glad to hear you like it quite a bit overall.
So here we go with another version, which should be the final one.
Attachments
Ragox_Showcase.esp
My final Showcase!?
(11.76 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

So be it. You, sir/madam, are hereby recommended for promotion!
Le vent nous portera

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Bedroll bleeds through the ceiling into the lower level, this is the only error I see. Please keep an eye out for this in the future, especially with the indoril tileset. You can't bleed things at all there without them popping through.

Member Promoted for Interiors

Post here, or PM myself or the relevant department head with any questions you might have. Looking forward to reviewing your work.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

Congratulations! :)
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:Bedroll bleeds through the ceiling into the lower level, this is the only error I see. Please keep an eye out for this in the future, especially with the indoril tileset. You can't bleed things at all there without them popping through.

Member Promoted for Interiors

Post here, or PM myself or the relevant department head with any questions you might have. Looking forward to reviewing your work.
Thanks a lot, I will keep that always in mind sir Fraxix and I shall not disappoint! :)
Terrifying Daedric Foe wrote:Congratulations! :)
Gracias!
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Congrats, welcome to the team!
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

Congratulations! Now go and frolic in the lush pastures that is our interiors department, you wild modder you!
Le vent nous portera

Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

Congratulations Ragox! Welcome to the team!
"SLOAD. SOAP. IS. NOT. SOAP"- TF

"As to where the ash comes from.. fuck if I care." -Sload

"At TR, we LOVE our quests to be steeped in lore, so you'd be able to flex your CHIM there just fine." - Nanu

Claims Completed: 4
Ragox
Developer

Ragox's Exterior Showcase

Post by Ragox »

The follow up to my Int Showcase.

Contains a fortified Hlaalu Mining Facility.
Attachments
Ragox_Exterior.ESP
(3.69 MiB) Downloaded 219 times
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Threads merged; each person is only allowed one showcase thread for the duration of their lifetime. :-)
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Haplo wrote:for the duration of their lifetime. :-)
lol
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Necesito una revista, por favor.
roerich
Developer

Post by roerich »

Belated welcome to the team from here too.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Exterior showcase review, sorry it took some time:

1: File is not clean, but I see from the showcase guidelines that this has not been explained properly enough, so I won't put that down as an error. Usually, when uploading a submitted claim file, we clean out all cells not included in the claim boundaries. This is in order to also load neighboring claims to see if border matching/consistency is okay.

2: The road bit isn't properly "sunken", as in it doesn't lie lower in the terrain than the surrounding grass areas. Roads, when used throughout the years, tend to sink a little. It is easy to mimic this in the CS. Just load up the landscaping tool radius 3, pan the camera so that your view has the road going "from" you and forward, put the mouse pointer circle at the end of the road and while dragging it towards you, click multiple times. This lowers the road, bit by bit. The result is somewhat jaggy, so use the smoothing tool, radius 4 and single click until smooth.

3: We require a little vertex shading between ground textures, I see you have it for the road just also remember it between other textures as well.

4: Settlement looks okay, some nice details and generally matching the area.

[url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/?p=modding_data/utils]Link[/url] to Tesame and other utilities. If you fix 1, 2 and 3 you're pretty much set for exterior approval as well :) .
Last edited by Nemon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

If you could also name the cells which are yours to something like Showcase or Ragox or at least let us know which ones are yours, explicitly, that's very helpful.

Ninja edit - they are named "FILLMEIN" :D -Nemon

Yes, I found them eventually, but he didn't mention what they were called, and they weren't called something obvious. Also renaming them does help show knowledge of an important facet of exterior modding :-) - Haplo
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

New version for my exterior showcase below.
Attachments
Ragox_Exterior_V2.ESP
My second attempt
(95.91 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I finally got around to taking a look at this.
The first thing that I noticed is that your cells exclusively use the default land texture. Judging by the vertex shading, you had added land textures at some point, but they're gone now, anyway. Not sure how that happened. Did you clean the landscape textures out with TESAME? They are one of the few things that should not be cleaned out.

Second point is that you have a dirty reference; Ex_hlaalu_bridge_10. That needs to be cleaned out.

As a minor quibble, I'd prefer if the road east of the stairway weren't completely straight, but it is a fairly short section.

Your doors shouldn't be so deeply inset into the buildings.

Your lighting looks pretty good, but I wouldn't mind seeing some sound markers just for the heck of it.
I also wouldn't mind seeing some more clutter in the town square, as it currently looks rather empty. Perhaps a street vendor or two might be nice.
In general your cells may be a little too empty, but it's quite possible it only looks that way due to the lack of landscape textures.

While I'm not the best at spotting placement errors, especially as I haven't checked the showcase in-game, I have noticed a few errors:
-The TR_cont_basket_01_food at [-38319.238, -169638.391, 1265.593] is bleeding slightly, as is a lot of the heather in the nearby planter.
-Miner's Pick at [-39646.680, -168227.453, 1278.528) is floating on one end. The nearby kreshweed container is also slightly bleeding; with kreshweed it's always a good idea to check the tips of the leaves to make sure they're not bleeding into anything, as they are prone to do.
-Terrain_rocks_GL_04 at [-38362.359, -175014.500, 1410.657] is caspering very slightly at the top rock. This error is pretty much an obligatory inclusion, as these rocks are so hard to place properly. That you managed to avoid all but a single minor casper is quite commendable.
-furn_de_ex_table_02 and furn_de_ex_stool_02 around [-37692.586, -167786.656, 1274.313] are bleeding, though in this case I personally don't consider it much of an issue. I do however feel that your furn_de_ex_tables are rather empty, and while that's very understandable it would be nice to see a little more on them.

That's all I've got for now. This is a great start, but it's a little hard to properly assess without the landscape textures. I look forward to checking this again once they're (re)added.