Melchior's Model Manufactory

Place where approved concepts are developed into in-game assets. (Models & Textures)

Moderator: Lead Developers

Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Melchior Dahrk wrote:Can I get the Heartland WIP which includes the current Almalexia anywhere? For taking a screen in? Mine isn't very representative.
I think Nemon's latest alma File is in the exterior claim thread. [url]http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21206&start=417[/url]

It is not merged yet, if I'm correct.
--Mwgek--
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Mwgek wrote:
Melchior Dahrk wrote:Can I get the Heartland WIP which includes the current Almalexia anywhere? For taking a screen in? Mine isn't very representative.
I think Nemon's latest alma File is in the exterior claim thread. [url]http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21206&start=417[/url]

It is not merged yet, if I'm correct.
Alright, thanks, let me take a looksee.
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Something that may be worth discussing that was suggested to me by Greendogo is to consider how these gates are opened.

I had thought that the simplest way would be to have the gondoliers be able to use their long oars to lift a latch or something. That wouldn't really require any modeling or CS work. But, just a thought. Trying to get a screenshot to post in the Bethesda forums thread at the moment.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Melchior Dahrk, any possibility to get an invisible door made? It just needs to be a door similar to the door thingy in the CS with the passage script attached to it. Only not black (no racism!!).

I tried making one using the collision mesh, but it appears it need to have a texture with an alpha layer to be clickable in game. But the black square isn't what I'm after - having a see through (perhaps slightly tinted texture?) would be awesome for quite a few of our caves. Escpecially the one under Kogotel.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Nemon wrote:Melchior Dahrk, any possibility to get an invisible door made? It just needs to be a door similar to the door thingy in the CS with the passage script attached to it. Only not black (no racism!!).

I tried making one using the collision mesh, but it appears it need to have a texture with an alpha layer to be clickable in game. But the black square isn't what I'm after - having a see through (perhaps slightly tinted texture?) would be awesome for quite a few of our caves. Escpecially the one under Kogotel.
Yes, that should be easy enough.

Here is that and the Indoril Grate mesh. The invisible door isn't tested yet though.
Attachments
Ex_MH_Canalworks_grate.NIF
(206.63 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
act_invis_door.nif
(2.92 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hey Melchior, I've created a modeling claim for this. Sorry for the loooong wait! We got caught up in a lot of things. Here is a link:

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24048

I've uploaded the two files above for you. Once you've tested the invisible door in-game then you can set it to 100% and we'll add it to TR_Data :-)

Out of curiosity, were you intending for only the totally-see-through gate be added or also the top-half-solid, bottom half-see-through mesh be included as well? Because that one looked pretty cool as well.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

I'm out of sorts with what I was working on, did I post an image of the half'n'half gate? I only recall the one version with the closed back and black vertex shading.

I completely forgot about the invisible door I made, lol. I'll put it on my to do list to test it in game and try to do it this evening.

And about that Alma statue, is there still interest in that? Is the main issue the lack of a collision mesh? I really dislike making those so it will probably be pushed far down on my to do list.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/download.php?id=21295

That was the image I was thinking of, but upon much closer inspection it's not a half-and-half gate, it's just the top half is covering the dark background of the wall. Oops!

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Plain Dark Elven Furniture with flat surfaces. By [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24106]request[/url].
Attachments
de_p_flat.rar
(45.87 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

I saw this got included in the latest TR_Date update. Haplo, was anything missing?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Nope. There was a de_p table that you did not make a flat model for, but it was the exact same as another table (which you DID include), except it had a two-inch tree stump dais in the middle of the table.

Good job :-)

Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Haplo wrote:Nope. There was a de_p table that you did not make a flat model for, but it was the exact same as another table (which you DID include), except it had a two-inch tree stump dais in the middle of the table.

Good job :-)
No problem, I hope this sees some use. That set WAS always pretty annoying. I'll take a look at that table, I know the one you're talking about.
Infragris
Developer

Post by Infragris »

de_p_desk_01 is missing from the flat set. It's a container, I believe. otherwise, an amazing timesaver!
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

I've added the missing pieces:

furn_de_table_06, contain_de_desk_01, contain_de_drawers_02, contain_de_table_02

New archive:
Attachments
de_p_flat.rar
(80.84 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

I'm posting this on behalf of Stavroguin. He wanted to see if TR was interested in this keep tileset he is working on.

[url=http://static-4.nexusmods.com/15/images/100/7865047-1427974911.jpg][Image][/url]
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Wow, that looks really cool!
I think TR and Project Tamriel could both make great use of it.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Do you know when this is going to be released?
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

While it's a nice set, I doubt we'd have a use for it. Imperial settlements in Morrowind are simply too few and far between to warrant two sets. The only settlement I'd consider using a unique Imperial architecture set for would be Old Ebonheart, or at least its castle, but they have already been created.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Perhaps we might find use for it in the to be created Southern areas.