i3-797-Ind

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Yeti
Lead Developer

i3-797-Ind

Post by Yeti »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-797-Ind (#2779)
Faction: Indoril
Parent claim: TR_3-40-Ind (#983)
Claimed by: Yeti
Files: TR_i3-797-Ind_Yeti_1.esp; TR_i3-797-Ind_Yeti_2.esp; TR_i3-797-Ind_Yeti_3.esp; TR_i3-797-Ind_Yeti_4.esp; TR_i3-797-Ind_Yeti_5.esp; TR_i3-797-Ind_Yeti_6.esp; TR_i3-797-Ind_Yeti_7.esp

---

Almas Thirr, Waistworks

Includes large open atrium, entrances to Ordinator barracks and Temple offices.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

It'll be easier for me to just make this in the CS than try to draw a map for someone else to follow. Claiming.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Granting. Good idea.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Uploaded file. Shell finished.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

So, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining about your efforts, because I love the design of this place, but... this is a lot larger than any other waistworks in the game. Like, two times as large.

Also, the doors to other cells don't match the doors in the exterior cell, and (if I'm interpreting your layout right) would cause the same issue in the canalworks.
The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I'm pretty sure I oriented the whole thing correctly to match the canton's exterior entrances. Have you looked at which way the north marker is pointing in the cell?

Cantons look pretty massive on the outside, so I don't think the size is too big an issue. Most players are able to take for granted that the Skar in Ald-ruhn is absurdly bigger on the inside, for comparison. That said, I'll try to tone in down with the hallways, since they are extending outward a bit much and contributing to the larger girth.
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

As it turns out, I did interpret your layout wrong. :oops:

However, my uncovered idiocy did nothing to reduce my arrogance, and I noticed a few other things (that I'm hopefully less wrong about.)

The middle northern entrance should be lowered a bit. I know the sizes within cantons are nonsense, but it should at least be lower than the main hall.
I also had some problems with the entrance to the canalworks. A fancy hall right next to what is essentially the poor district seemed odd to me. It also moved the entire canalworks a bit too far east.

Because I wasn't being arrogant enough, I made some edits to fix this in the file below. Feel free to discard them if you want, I mainly included the file because I'm bad with explaining my opinion with words. I also added the WIP canalworks, for a more complete picture (excuse the terribly rotated fountains). I have not done any size reductions.

EDIT: Oops. Forgot to mention that the canalworks uses new meshes. Thanks for catching that Seneca.
Attachments
TR_i3-797-Ind_Theminimanx.esp
(89.82 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
Last edited by Theminimanx on Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Note: I made a couple of new interiors for this. You'll need to copy the attached nif's to the:
Data Files\Meshes\tr\i directory.
Attachments
new_models.7z
(16.61 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Thanks for the suggestions, Theminimanx. I'll certainly take them into consideration.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Filed updated with feedback implemented, and a few other minor changes and additions (mostly minor detailing).
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Any progress to report?
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I'll get some work done on this as well. Again, it's mostly detailing that's left, and then making basic interior shells for the rooms that link to this, to keep their size consistent.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Quick update to let everyone know I haven't forgotten about this. I dropped my laptop recently and its screen is all kinds of broken, which has put a bit of a damper on my modding activity. My laptop and I share a symbiotic relationship (for most of my time in college, we were practically a single organism), so I hope to replace the screen shortly.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

:lol: Sorry to hear that, but I can understand the symbolism for sure.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Just checking up on this. Has your laptop been fixed?
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Nope, but I have it hooked up to my TV screen using an HTMI cable. Not the best setup, but it works for the time being. Anyway, I worked a little on this tonight. I should have it finished this week. After that, I'll post shells for the interiors that will link to it.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Finished. I'll make the claims for the connecting interiors later this week.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Off to review!
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

There is a flaw in the 'in_vs_pit*' elements that prevents them snapping together correctly; I've used a fixed mesh in this interior that I'll upload to the Asset Browser on the new forum.

Clean: Yes.
Northmarker: Good.
Illegal To Sleep Here: Set.
Lighting: Good.

Floaters:
furn_de_r_bench_01
furn_de_r_bench_01

Bleeders:
bk_HomiliesOfBlessedAlmalexia
furn_bone_rib_01
light_de_lamp_01_177
light_de_paper_lantern_01_128
T_De_Set_BannerTemple_01
T_De_Set_BannerTemple_01
T_De_Set_BannerTemple_01
T_De_Set_BannerTemple_01
T_MwDe_Furn_Vs3Empty
T_MwDe_Furn_Vs3Empty
T_MwDe_Furn_Vs3Empty

Other:
Added some pillars and a wooden railing to give a sense the ceiling is supported.
Scaled up end-caps and ash-pits to prevent flickering.
Replaced 'light_de_paper_lantern_01_200' instances with 'light_de_paper_lantern_01'.
Added a 'light_de_paper_lantern_01_128' to south-western door.
Attachments
TR_i3-797-Ind_Yeti_reviewed.esp
(37.45 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Thinking on this again, it's probably best not to add unique assets to Tamriel_Data if they're effectively just a bugfix; I'll upload a version using the original pit elements tomorrow.
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Uploaded the file below to the asset browser on the new site: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/asset/review ... -old-forum

Well, it took me a little longer than anticipated, but here's a version without the fixed meshes.
Attachments
TR_i3-797-Ind_Yeti_reviewed_2.esp
(36.99 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »