i3-791-Imp

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Seneca37
Lead Developer

i3-791-Imp

Post by Seneca37 »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-791-Imp (#2770)
Faction: Imperial
Parent claim: TR_3-24-Imp (#128)
Claimed by: RyanS
Local map: Vul interiors Indoril-Thirr
Files: TR_i3-791-Imp_RyanS_1.esp; TR_i3-791-Imp_seneca37_1.esp

---

HIGH PRIORITY - Vul building #11 (see local map). (single floor)
Vul Barracks: all Indoril guards in the TRV are technically garrisoned at Roa Dyr. This building just provides shelter and beds for guards posted in or around Vul.

Make sure to download the most recent file here: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24623 for the exterior; located in cell [10, -24].
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Claiming! Barracks housing four to six guards.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Granting.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Finished!
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Sending to review.

Edit: I took a quick look at this interior, though I didn't save my edits unfortunately. The only real error I spotted was a TR_furn_bottleB_b00 that needs another 'f'.

That being said, I feel as though RyanS could have gotten away with a 3x3 or 3x4 shell rather than a 2x2 room, and would have preferred if it looked less lived in (not often that I say that) with less personal belongings and storage and more place for sitting and eating.
I'd like a second opinion, though, as it is a nice interior, and isn't that far off concept. At worst it shouldn't be too hard to use it elsewhere.

Edit 2: just to blather on, in_velothismall_room_09 would be a pretty good shell for this interior, on further inspection. There is actually enough space for a second floor without infringing on the space of the cornerclub above it, but I don't think that much space is necessary.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I've looked at this and think its ok. It is a bit on the small side. I agree that the room_09 with the back rewalled would have been a truer fit to the exterior, but this is the burden of the interior modders - we try our best to make the interior fit the exterior. Most of the time, they end up being too big. In this case, it ended up a bit small, but I doubt the player will notice.
I also think this fits your description fine. In the future, if you have something in mind for an interior - please put it into the description. The more you put into the description, the easier, usually, it is to design the interior.
There are a couple of problems with the int that will get fixed in review. Besides the floating broken bottle, the tapestries are too high, the guards really shouldn't have expensive shoes laying around and the obligatory bucket is missing. But all minor issues. I agree that a few more chests would be good too (again they can be added in review).
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

If you guys want I could easily spread things out a bit with room_9. I must have missed it while setting up the interior. As for a 3x3 or 3x4 shell, they both seemed much too big compared to the exterior.

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Here's a new file.
Attachments
TR_i3-791-Imp.ESP
(7.11 KiB) Downloaded 25 times

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Yeah, I feel I wasn't very clear in outlining the concept. Basically, all Indoril guards in Indoril-Thirr live in Roa Dyr, where they would keep their stuff. From there, they set out to patrol Ilvi's lands. The people of Vul set aside a room in which passing guards can sleep and eat, but it should be more of a rest-stop than a barracks; no single guard would spend a lot of time there.

RyanS' interior isn't really counter to that concept, but I feel it looks more like a barracks than a rest-stop. It's a fairly fine distinction to make, but the purpose is to illustrate the divide between the Indoril and Velothi, and also to underline how Indoril power is centered around the castle estates, rather than being spread across the countryside. The Indoril guards in Velothi towns are essentially foreign agents, not part of the communities in which they keep the peace.
As such, this interior would work as is, and I would not be against using it as is, but if RyanS wants to give it another pass I'd prefer that.

One idea that might be fun to implement is adding touches to show the locals' appreciation, like bread from the bakery or flowers from the surrounding area or something.

Edit: oops, missed your latest file. I'll ckeck it out right away.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review:
-Renamed cell "TR_i3-791-Ind"
-Rotated Northmarker to 258.5
-Replaced bunk beds with regular beds and moved to side
-Deleted training dummy, weapons/armor, weapons crates
-Moved table to center
-Deleted gold coins and clutter off the ground
-Locked de_p_chest_02_pos3at 10 (3x)
-Deleted custom ID items such as NoPickUp stonejug.

Basically overhauled this except I kept the table how it was; replaced metal plates with stoneware. Stoneware seems to be a fancied theme in Vhul, as the other interiors use it. Kept the same lighting design; lowered interior lighting, though.
[url=http://i.imgur.com/v5gSYcy.jpg]Screenshot[/url]

Comments Gnomey informed me that this was not a typical military barracks but more of a guest-house-outpost type interior setup by the Vhul locals for Indoril guards who come passing through. When the guards come here, they get their armor and weapons repaired at the local smith (Adosl Drinith?). All the nice items on the shelves and baked breads on the table are "Welcome gifts" and "Thank you for patrolling our region and keeping us safe" gestures. The guards are also respectful enough to keep it clean when the come and go. I hope this review does justice to the original idea. Thank you for the layout and overall design, RyanS. It was just too "militaristic" for how Gnomey had described it.

Rating
Attachments
Clean TR_i3-791-Ind.ESP
TR_i3-791-Ind
(8.14 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

In the future Tes96, if an interior needs major re-work, please check to see if the claimant wants to do the work. Its not the reviewers job to redecorate an interior. I can see that you did the reveiw a couple of months after Gnomey's comments, but RyanS may just have missed it. Bump the claim a couple of times, or send a PM, to give the designer time to reply.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Will do. If it needs tons of changing I'll just message someone, most likely you. :)
Are you going to do the Final on this one?
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: de_p_table_01_pos1 was floating
Adjusted rotation for light_de_candle_09_64 on desk
added misc_com_bucket_01
Replaced TR_com_sack_03_ingred with TR_com_sack_03_hackle
adjusted dice
lowered health on iron dagger to 20.

Comments Whoever put the rope knots on the hanging ropes - thanks.
I do think that this now fits Gnomey's plan.

Rating 7 out of 10
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Us my file at the top.