Newbie here, wanted to ask some questions

Miscellaneous non-TR related discussion.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Doom_Carrot

Newbie here, wanted to ask some questions

Post by Doom_Carrot »

Ok, so, first off, sorry if this this the wrong place to post, move it if needed.

So I just discovered this mod last week. The videos and screenshots totally blew me away. Ever since then, I've been obsessed with tamriel rebuilt. I looked at all the update pages I could find, tried to find out how far along the project was, etc.

Now, I don't mean to sound rude or disrespectful, I love how far this mod has come, and I don't want to rush it at all after seeing the sheer detail of its world.... But I can't seem to find any good updates about this ANYWHERE. From all I've read, it seems that Sacred East, Telvannis, and Antudhsidjfj Secrets (whatever) are the 3 fully done areas. Almalexia is _____? developed (I read it got canceled, then rebuilt, then destroyed, then halted because of conflicts with tribunal etc, etc). Then Veloth and Heartlands are practically done, but everyone is focused on Almalexia before releasing those? And then Dres and Narsis hasn't even been started.

Am I right so far? Because I can't seem to find anywhere hard facts on how far along this mod is. Except this : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/tvc ... -small.jpg

But that thing is like... really outdated from what I can gather. So is Almalexia currently the ongoing map? Will it ever be released? How far along is it? How far along are the other areas?

P.S. - I really don't mean this in any negative way whatsoever, I'm pretty excited that this mod actually has a dedicated enough team to finish it, and do it well. I'm just a very curious and confused newcomer, and I am thinking about helping out with the mod but have no idea where to even start :)
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

Welcome to TR. Always great to see another enthusiast calling in!

We are currently going through a major reorganisation, because we are aware of the fact that it can be rather.. err.. a fricking mess for newcomers (as well as other older members) to wade through in order to get an idea of what's going on. We are working on this as we speak, and once we're done, the place will be much more accessible. Both for those who just want a update as for those wish to offer a helping hand.

As for how far we are in progress, somone else--anyone else really--is probably the better person to ask about this, but I'll give it a shot. Basically most of the exteriors of the mainland north of Dres and Narsis are completed. The northeast Telvanni region is completed including all interiors, NPC's and quests, but will mostly be redone when everything else is finished. Most of the Heartland, including the northern Thirr River and Old Ebonheart are getting ready to be NPC'd. But, in general your map is quite accurate. The most significant progress since then is Old Ebonheart and Vhul. Almalexia has been a disaster in the past and will be discussed a lot and probably redone in the future, but other areas have priority at this point. Our current Almalexia may be included in the next alpha release though, or so I've heard.
You may want to check out some maps in [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24856]here[/url] to get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

2015 has been and still is a year of planning. The restructure and reorganisation of the forums as well as proper planning for the progression of the project is in its peak. Soon we will be back to actual modding and the release of a next version of TR.

As we are in the middle of reorganising the forums and rewriting many of the outdated stickies it's hard to say where exactly to start, but have a look at the showcase forums if you're interested in making a showcase for an area of modding. Any participation on the forums and engagement in discussions is also counted as contribution to the project, so get out there, get lost in the sea of information and be part of TR :D
Doom_Carrot

Post by Doom_Carrot »

Awesome, thank you! This is the kind of information I was looking for!

And I will deffinately stick around, maybe even showcase something in the future, thanks!