i3-790-Imp

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Rats
Lead Developer

i3-790-Imp

Post by Rats »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-790-Imp (#2769)
Faction: Imperial
Parent claim: TR_3-24-Imp (#128)
Claimed by: Rats
Local map: Vul interiors Indoril-Thirr
Files: TR_i3-790-Imp_Rats_1.esp; TR_i3-790-Imp_Rats_2.esp

---

HIGH PRIORITY - Vul building #10 (see local map).
Syvvit Tong Cornerclub: locale in which members of the town's local tong hang out. The purpose of the tong is essentially swindling outlanders. It members comprise most of the town's merchants and peddlars, (the tradehouse is a separate entity, mind), and they basically control the town's interaction with outlanders. Though only arguably being pro-foreigner, they are constantly under scrutiny by the Temple and Ilvi, who to an extent justifyably see them as spreading foreign ideas and undermining Dunmer society.
An important point to note is that they are not anti-establishment or anything; they're just Dunmer, some of whom are fairly well-respected within Vul, who get a kick out of profiting at the expense of n'wah, but do so in a way that rubs the establishment in the wrong way.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Claiming. Will follow the description!

One question though: the local map shows a trap door on the roof of the building, which I didn't find in the most recent Section File? Trap door or no?
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Sure go for it. Wish the description was a bit more definitive. The background info is great, it just lacks something to model to.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

My apologies. This interior is limited to the top half of the tower, above [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24836]#11[/url]. It has no roof access; I frankly don't see a trapdoor in the local map either, unless you mean the trapdoors for either interiors #8 or #9, which are both separate.

This interior should consist of two relatively small floors; you might be able to get away with adding a third floor below as well, but as this is just a cornerclub with no beds or anything I doubt you'd need the space.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Done. It's small with two floors and no trap doors. Hope y'all like it.

edit: new file, now with North Marker!
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Off to review
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Northmarker: Slightly adjusted
Ambient/Sunlight/Fog/IllegaltoSleepHere: Good/Good/Adjusted/Set
Tileset: Correct
Containers: Good
Sounds: None (Fine)
Rotation: Alright
Locks/Traps: Ok
Books: Ok
In-game: Good

FLOATERS:
-light_de_candle_04
-misc_de_goblet_01
-TR_misc_de_hacklo_pipe
-light_de_lantern_08_77

BLEEDERS:
-TR_misc_de_hacklo_pipe
-misc_de_goblet_08
-iron throwing knife
-Furn_De_Kegstand
-TR_furn_de_p_bkshelf
-misc_de_foldedcloth00

OTHER ISSUES:
-fixed both ex_velothi_triwin_01 (caspering)
-other small fixes were made

Comments A unique and well done cornerclub. Good work!

Rating 9 out of 10
Attachments
TR_i3-790-Imp.esp
(21.51 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Being that this is a "Tong", should it have a specific color associated with it?
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

I tried using red / purple (and blue for the lanterns) to create a coherent color scheme. Hope it shows ingame.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

No - it really doesn't show in-game. I'm thinking of it being more like the Morag Tong Guild (at least the level of color). They used red, so maybe a purple in here would be good.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Hmm, okay.

Maybe tweaking the ambient lighting a bit and replacing the remaining reddish striped tapestries with the purplish one also used in the interior will do the trick. Yeah, and purple lanterns.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I've searched around our web site, but haven't found a color reference guide for any of the Tongs. So for now, the Syvvit Tong will be purple. I'll make the changes to the interior. We can always change it later on if need be.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

The Syvvit Tong doesn't really need a color scheme. They're a localized low-key group, and this corner club is just a regular hangout for them, not a guildhall.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

A little visual storytelling won't cause harm though.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Yeah, I noticed that this was a cornerclub and not the guild too. However, I don't see a guild in town, so thought that they'd use this place as a makeshift guild.

We can always change the lighting back. Once I finish the review, I'll post it here before finalizing for people to take a look at it, and comment.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

A colour scheme is fine, but I hardly think it should be mandatory for tongs. Tongs are really just guilds, and they can be anything, from the Morag Tong to a group of writers who always hang out and write stuff.

If we do use colour schemes, we needn't bother ensuring that the colour schemes don't overlap. For one thing, in the ideal case we'd have more tongs than we have lantern colours, for another a guild of esoteric fishers in Almalexia wouldn't care what colours a swindler's guild in Vhul is using.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Added some more furn_de_rope_07's to make rope knots.
Plain ropes do no have collision meshes – added collision boxes to keep player from falling.
Created a smaller collision box “TR_collision_box_01â€Â￾.
Fixed top of ramp (adjusted rotation, and position a little bit). It was difficult for the player to get up to 2nd Floor.
Moved door so that it was all the way in the door jam.
Rescaled wall woodbars to 1.4 to keep each bar on just one floor – removed (2) extra bars from lower level.
Reset lighting to purple, added a couple more lanterns.

Comments Very nice UniQuE interior. Good job Rats.

I created a new purple light (which required a new purple texture), and a smaller collision box. We needed a smaller one.
The collision box will be moved to data, and the purple light/texture will be moved too if we use it.
You'll need to copy the files in TR_Data_Sen_005.7z to your “Data Filesâ€Â￾ directory for the light and collision box to work.

Rating 9 out of 10
Attachments
TR_Data_Sen_005.7z
(7.05 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Final TR_i3-790-Imp.esp
(25.83 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Was the new light added to our data files? If so we can probably throw this claim into the 'finished' pile.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Final file here. Use this.
Attachments
Clean Final TR_i3-790-Imp.esp
(25.76 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Moving to finished, use the file in the above post.