Morrowind In One Word and One Phrase....

Place to discuss history, story, character development, questlines for factions and other specifics.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Ironed Maidens
Developer

Morrowind In One Word and One Phrase....

Post by Ironed Maidens »

Hi, this is to help with getting a firmer conceptualization of Morrowind as a whole for our project. Here's a snippit from the Master Plan:
Lots of this is Ironed Maiden’s idea. Not sure if there’s agreement on any of this. Then again, it is just brainstorming.

Disparity
Desperation
A nation built on shadows and blood.

Vvardenfell feels isolated in Vanilla. Further isolation within the Ghostfence. We won’t be able to recreate it.

So, esoteric.

Morrowind has a very desolate feel. Dark Souls-esque.

Separate House regions could have a similar isolated feel.

All main elements (The region, the factions) should be describable using one word/phrase.
Morrowind: Outlandish, Bizarre
Vvardenfell: Desolation, Epicenter
Telvannis: Esoteric, Bizarre
Mournhold: Hallowed
Velothis: Ceaseless, Perseverance, Unending, Vault of the Past, Hardened
Narsis: Schizophrenic, Convoluted, Web-Weaving, Neurotic
Dres: Aztec/Incan vibe, Tribalistic, Enlightened Barbarisism, Cabalistic, (I somehow picture this more fitting for the Taj’ Eel (argonian faction) than the Dres itself, sans the barbarism. I get a very Faustian vibe from the Dres, with Dres Tyr/Tear being very Casablanca-esque. Visually, I imagine a Morrowind version of contemporary cyberpunk. They’re an antithesis to the traditionally orthodox Dunmer. That’s getting too much into detail for this particular purpose though. -S)
So if every developer and even those interested in the project could add their own 'one word/phrase', we could really get a lot better of an idea on what everyone visualizes in their mind when they play the game.

So use this as a template:

One phrase to describe Morrowind as a whole:
One word to describe Vvardenfell District:
One word to describe Telvannis District:
One word to describe Mournhold District:
One word to describe Velothis District:
One word to describe Narsis District:
One word to describe Dres District:
Overall feeling I get from playing Vanilla Morrowind in one word:
Overall feeling I've gotten from what I've played of TR so far in one word:

So for example, my list looks like so:

One phrase to describe Morrowind as a whole: A nation built on shadows and blood.
One word to describe Vvardenfell District: Desolation
One word to describe Telvannis District: Bizarre
One word to describe Mournhold District: Hallowed
One word to describe Velothis District: Ceaseless
One word to describe Narsis District: Schizophrenic
One word to describe Dres District: Cabalistic
Overall feeling I get from playing Vanilla Morrowind in one word: Outlandish
Overall feeling I've gotten from what I've played of TR so far in one word: Convoluted

Now if we would like, we can also put our reasoning behind why we chose what we did; but it's really not important, what we really want is just the words and phrase.