The Tamriel Rebuilt Museum

For topics that just don't seem to fit anywhere else.
Glisp

The Tamriel Rebuilt Museum

Post by Glisp »

What is this? Well it's a plan for an official add-on to TR that puts all of the team's cut content into a hidden Easter Egg museum of sorts. So things like models, etc will be put in there. Basically we'll have plaques depicting "this is why such and such was scrapped" and other fun facts about the development of the scrapped work. I'm not exactly the best modder in the world though so I people to volunteer to help if needed.

The first stage of this project is coming up with how we'll do certain things. here's some ideas I've had for the museum:

-Creatures will be Static objects put in pre-placed poses and used as statues. So scrapped creatures like the old Vermai, the Daedric Bat, etc will be put in. For the Daedric Bat, I have plans to hang it from the ceiling by a rope like the cliff racer in Skaal village's great hall.

-I want to implement Necrom alpha somehow but I'm not sure how to go about it. I have two ideas here. I miniature model of the exterior, or a way to teleport to the old necrom and converting old necrom into an interior functioning as an exterior. If we could vote on the better idea that would be great.

-Scrapped Armor and weapons are another thing. I'm not sure if I want to go about making them stealable by the player or making unable to be picked up (like vivec's ash mask in the vanilla game) Another thing that would be good to vote on.

-a sound player for creature sounds and other sounds.

Misc stuff:
-I found an untextured Guar model in TR's Anti-Deluvian Secrets release. it's labeled "Deshaan_Guar" stangely only the X files exist of this creature and the textures are completely missing. I asked TF about this in the IRC recently (he stopped by for a bit.) his reply was "You mean the Tiger Guar?". My reply to him was I wasn't sure. If this is indeed the tiger guar model, I'd love to display it, but since no textures for it seem to exist, it may end up being left alone. I don't even know what it was intended to look like.

I'm no scripter so for things like scripted bits of text (for the plaques) and the sound player I'll need a scripter to volunteer.

regarding mapping and object placement I'll probably do most of that myself, but I'll need help coming up with a tileset to use and a potential layout for said museum.As for how assets will be used, they'll be used in a separate directory so as not to interfere with Seneca's clean up work with TR_data.

Anyway feel free to discuss additional ideas. Gnomey, Seneca, and others have already approved this project idea.
aRenfrow

Post by aRenfrow »

personally I think the weapons and armor should be stealable.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Great idea. I'd love to pitch in to help exhibit Tamriel Rebuilt's history.

Suggested Additions (if we figure out how to exhibit exteriors):

The Dragon Nest Inn - A tree house inn built in the Imperial style. Replaced by the Inn Between (for now) because we decided tree houses were lame. Last time I checked, the interior was still preserved for posterity in TR_Data.

[url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/g/scrcaps/24/Riverbridge%2003.jpg]Riverbridge[/url] - The super old version of Almas Thirr, built in the Redoran style. Had a temple that we planned to move to Baan Malur, because it looked cool, but never did. Removed because we decided to shrink House Redoran's territory.

Kebra's Blacklight - Absolutely insane in terms of its design. Like everything else Kebra made back in the day, he didn't hold back from creating a gargantuan landmark. Scraped for being completely unpractical.

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=11746]5-4-Red[/url] - The old version with the uber ruin, as described by Sload and TF. Might have been hard to track down, but I have a copy of the file on my old laptop. Very indicative of prehistoric TR, I'd say.
Sload wrote:It was like, Dwemer/Velothi/Stronghold combo. Which was enormous. Like superenormous. And there was this whole quest. And it was the most digusting lorebreaking piece of bullshit I'd ever seen and no one cared but Sload was the badguy right?
Thrignar Fraxix wrote:wait, do you mean great house sirrilias' base? the one with the underground imperial fort in the cave willed with lava and the scripted stone draw bridge that was staffed by ebony clad uber people, had redoran and velothi interiors, and was all around poorly made, even including the exterior which as I recall had some sort of dumb magical barrier that I found when I was merging all 6 TR maps to show noir it could be done?
Sload wrote:yes
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
st.Veloth, The Repenting

Post by st.Veloth, The Repenting »

i'd personally like to be able to see this project's rich history myself, only being a member for about a year now. i saw a trailer once a while ago that had a bunch of cities in it like narsis and blacklight, wonder if those monsters are still around XD
almsivi bless, to create one must first destroy, the nature of all, is in equilibrium
- sotha sil
Glisp

Post by Glisp »

Yeti wrote:Great idea. I'd love to pitch in to help exhibit Tamriel Rebuilt's history.

Suggested Additions (if we figure out how to exhibit exteriors):

The Dragon Nest Inn - A tree house inn built in the Imperial style. Replaced by the Inn Between (for now) because we decided tree houses were lame. Last time I checked, the interior was still preserved for posterity in TR_Data.

[url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/g/scrcaps/24/Riverbridge%2003.jpg]Riverbridge[/url] - The super old version of Almas Thirr, built in the Redoran style. Had a temple that we planned to move to Baan Malur, because it looked cool, but never did. Removed because we decided to shrink House Redoran's territory.

Kebra's Blacklight - Absolutely insane in terms of its design. Like everything else Kebra made back in the day, he didn't hold back from creating a gargantuan landmark. Scraped for being completely unpractical.

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=11746]5-4-Red[/url] - The old version with the uber ruin, as described by Sload and TF. Might have been hard to track down, but I have a copy of the file on my old laptop. Very indicative of prehistoric TR, I'd say.
Sload wrote:It was like, Dwemer/Velothi/Stronghold combo. Which was enormous. Like superenormous. And there was this whole quest. And it was the most digusting lorebreaking piece of bullshit I'd ever seen and no one cared but Sload was the badguy right?
Thrignar Fraxix wrote:wait, do you mean great house sirrilias' base? the one with the underground imperial fort in the cave willed with lava and the scripted stone draw bridge that was staffed by ebony clad uber people, had redoran and velothi interiors, and was all around poorly made, even including the exterior which as I recall had some sort of dumb magical barrier that I found when I was merging all 6 TR maps to show noir it could be done?
Sload wrote:yes
Those would be great. I'd imagine doing interiors functioning as exteriors would be the best way to go but I don't have a clue how to convert landscaping to a model for an interior. If someone knows how to do this, then go for it.
Dragon32

Post by Dragon32 »

Glisp wrote:<snip>
I'd imagine doing interiors functioning as exteriors would be the best way to go but I don't have a clue how to convert landscaping to a model for an interior. If someone knows how to do this, then go for it.
Yacoby's [url=http://mw.modhistory.com/download-106-14833]CellToNif[/url]
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Thank you, Dragon32. I remembered that a exterior to interior converter existed, but I had completed forgotten the name.

We should hire M'aiq the Liar as our museum curator.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Glisp

Post by Glisp »

Dragon32 wrote:
Glisp wrote:<snip>
I'd imagine doing interiors functioning as exteriors would be the best way to go but I don't have a clue how to convert landscaping to a model for an interior. If someone knows how to do this, then go for it.
Yacoby's [url=http://mw.modhistory.com/download-106-14833]CellToNif[/url]
Indeed thank you for this.

On another note, Maiq the Liar would have to have a new ID separate from the base game's though as not to interfere with the vanilla game's Maiq. I'm not against it though however. The museum would be nice with a curator for sure. I think a better solution would be that the curator is a friend of Maiq and Maiq can teleport you there. Might make for a fun twist. That's just my opinion though.

If anyone wants to do the honors of converting those exteriors to interiors go for it. If not, I'll do it later on. On another note, should the current version of Alamalexia be added to the list of scrapped exteriors since it's getting redone eventually?