[Quest Idea] - Misc. - Colors for the Dyemaker

Place where miscellaneous quests and NPC dialogue are written.

Moderator: Lead Developers

10Kaziem
Lead Developer

[Quest Idea] - Misc. - Colors for the Dyemaker

Post by 10Kaziem »

Colors for the Dyemaker, misc quest

(Set in whatever city, probably Indoril if they like colorful and fancy clothes.)

[dyemaker] is looking for someone to run errands for him occasionally. He’s getting old, or perhaps his shop is bustling, and he either can’t or doesn’t want to leave the shop to get his supplies. Maybe his local suppliers have stopped supplying for some reason.

In any case, he would like someone (you) to go fetch dye supplies, which would be things like pigments, minerals, or animal or plant ingredients.

Once they are gotten, he might ask you to come back later for the completed dye and deliver the dye to a special customer, a local or far away clothier.

He would have a series of spaced out requests that would take you all over Morrowind in a quest for various ingredients. His quests would be spaced so that the next quest shows up a few days after the previous is completed.

Possibly he gives you gold or favors as a quest reward (or, increases various people's disposition to you). The reward could also be knowing where certain rare ingredients grow or can be found.

Network possibilities:

The quests could be triggered by his old supply routes being cut off via political upheaval. He could also be a friend or loyal supplier of a local lord (Indoril?) who might be involved in something political. As he knows miscellaneous merchants around, his quests could also introduce you to other questgivers.
NathanJ

Post by NathanJ »

I like that very much! As rewards (at a certain stage) I could imagine clothes with custom designs (and/or very high potential of being entchanted) that are only available by doing those quests.
Why cant I simply use an Elder scroll to make my Clocks go slower?
mspyerzuka

Post by mspyerzuka »

|dyemaker| is in a frenzy because he just got word that an order meant for a party in 1 month for |recipient| must be recreated, packaged and delivered. The player must selects one free dye color from |dyemaker| after accepting quest as an incentive.
(I imagine this being a follow up quest)
or
|dyemaker| dyes something of player suddenly then threatens you to retrieve dye removing material or else it's permanent.
Think pink ;)

I like the idea of |dyemaker| sending the player off to deliver a dye to someone or another clothier.(Clothier is a weird word. English is weird. GL ESL folks) This misc quest is a great idea. It makes me reminiscent of Skyrim's white phial quest in windhelm.