OE Castle

Development of the Imperial city of Old Ebonheart on the Eastern Mouth of the Thirr River.

Moderator: Lead Developers

RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Cool! I'm looking forward to what's coming up. :)
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

With vanilla Imperial textures these interior meshes might be useful in making the castle feel more grandiose.

[url]http://mw.modhistory.com/download-44-6250[/url]
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Not trying to be too pushy, but has any progress been made?
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

Character Proposal
  • Name: Zalindwier Kostus

Characterization: -Imperial from The Imperial City who got involved in the Emperor's liege and was a sort of adviser to Moth Priests and chaplains in the court.

-Got sent to Old Ebonheart years ago as a councilor of the current Knights of The Imperial Dragon, trying to use diplomacy to gain foothold in various parts of Morrowind's socio-economic chess board. Has an inherit dislike of Dunmer in general, more so if they are part of a House or native Tong.

Character Traits: -Helpful in disclosing Imperial agenda to some degree, so long as the PC is not part of a House or native Tong. Will have slight disposition drop for Dunmer.

- Sort of a 'Flinn half empty' kind of character, after so many years in service to politics he is somewhat jaded and un-amused by typical banter. Has probably had to deal with a lot of cry-baby issues in the past, but is also very knowledgeable in the art of subtlety, so it makes him a good person to make the final call on numerous 'important' decisions.

- May offer falsified information to most PC's who are not in some higher rank of the Legion or Cult. Not outright lying, but more so misdirecting the eyes and ears of most people. EX: Could tell the player the legion is working on a new base in X location but it is really in Y location, and X location is some old Indoril ruin or perhaps it leads to some dangerous cave.

Role in the World: To help progress ties between Dunmer and Imperials; despite not trusting just any Dunmer, he will have respect for the ones in positions of power such as King Helseth, Dren brothers, etc etc. May be a possible target of Dagoth Ur as well? May also give quests to PC at some point and will be able to tell PC about most places in Old Ebonheart so long as the player is not a member of any House or native Tong.

Dialogue Examples:
    Old Ebonheart Castle: You're in the congregation hall now. This is where I and those I console meet to discuss numerous things. Some good, some bad, and some to be determined. Down the hall to the left is the cult shrine, and if you head right you'll be in the southern tower staircase. One floor up is the chambers of the Court of Respite; the level below us is the infirmary.

King Helseth: He is a seasoned mer, certainly. Even from Wayrest, he could raise an army to his needs from the Imperial City. There is a clout of rumors that surrounds him, and hearsay usually stems from some sort of truth. But what man or mer hasn't dirtied their hands on the tremulous climb to the top of a hierarchy? You can find him in the Mourning Hold of Almalexia, but good look getting a court with him.

Eadwyre: Hail the Forlorn King of Wayrest. His presence is still felt along the banks of the Bjoulsae. He was truly an Imperial sponsor for the west. How he died is still an open case in Wayrest, but everyone keeps their lips sealed about the matter. Certainly, it must be a...sensitive subject for most people. Like striking a nerve ending with a hammer kind of sensitive.

Someone Particular: If you want to see the Duke you'll have to catch a boat to Vvardenfell. Kulgrosh gro-Wryntor is the head of the bodyguards for the Imperial Commissioner; he's got a temper the length of a goblins tooth, but he's also as loyal as they come. Cunus Pompus is the East Empire Company's best footman, though he's currently out on business in Firewatch. Grand Factor (name) has a manor just beside the bridge leading to the castle. The list goes on; but those are some of the more important people.
Whaddaya think? I think that we should do something like this for nearly every NPC, of course commoners or shop keeps wouldn't have to be as detailed, but it would help flesh them out from the get-go. I also think we need a comprehensive list of NPC's that are already implemented into the game so it makes it easier to make dialogue so we can reference names of people and know what they do/who they are a lot more quickly. [/list]
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Would it be possible for you to post your current castle file, Seneca37, just so we have a backup on the forum?

I apologize for not getting around to comment on your character proposal, Ironed Maiden. Overall, I think we could find a place for him in the court. I especially like how you organized your proposal. Ideally, we should write out concepts like this for all of Old Ebonheart's important characters.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

Yes, I think the outline should be used for basically every NPC. It makes it a lot easier to get a whole idea of who they are and what purpose they serve before they're chucked into the game world, and I think it will really help us with both getting a more organized approach started to world building and it will also make it easier for us to tackle the whole 'we need more memorable NPCs' problem.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

Also I have this really weird idea of there being a very well-hidden and albeit small sect of Dreamer presence in OE, with some people gathering some info on this very important seat of Imperial power for the Sixth House. Can we spit-ball this?