TR Public Feedback

WIP Downloads, Help forum, Bugtesting and Feedback.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Gnomey
Lead Developer

TR Public Feedback

Post by Gnomey »

This thread is for general feedback on TR content. If you have any bugs or errors to report, please do so in [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=25014]TR Bug & Error Reporting[/url]. If there's something you like or dislike about TR's work, or otherwise want to comment on, it goes here.

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=17251]old thread[/url]

Post by Guest »

I've been playing through a lot of miscellaneous quests in the Indoril district recently. Almost all of them have been fantastic. I particularly enjoyed the 'Tunneling to the Truth' line of quests in Meralag. I also absolutely loved exploring Zanammu, the Indoril ruin northeast-ish of Meralag.

There was one quest in particular, though, that seemed out of place in terms of quality: 'The Perils of Dragonhunting' in Bosmora. The main problem was that the writing is riddled with grammar errors. I suspect that it was written by someone for whom English was a second language. Aside from that, the whole logic of the quest line felt strange. I would recommend taking a second look at it.

Also, there is a quest in the Harrumat Diamond that I couldn't figure out at all. It seems like the dialogue is directing the player to find a key. However, I scoured the entire dungeon with a detect key spell and couldn't find anything. I could very well just be missing something, though.

Everything else has been fantastic. Keep up the good work!
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

As a side note, I appears that TR is using the 'ball and chain' static item that is present in the game files, but is never used ingame. This model is realllllly bad, and also incomplete. Good news is that LondonRook has made a very nice new ball and chain model which he has said he will release as a resource soon. Just as a suggestion, but more to save work in the future, this model should absolutely be used instead. (As well as basically every model he's been working on lately....but that might be a point to focus on at a later date.....)
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Ironed Maidens wrote:As a side note, I appears that TR is using the 'ball and chain' static item that is present in the game files, but is never used ingame. This model is realllllly bad, and also incomplete. Good news is that LondonRook has made a very nice new ball and chain model which he has said he will release as a resource soon. Just as a suggestion, but more to save work in the future, this model should absolutely be used instead. (As well as basically every model he's been working on lately....but that might be a point to focus on at a later date.....)
If what you're saying is true, that shouldn't be an issue, just edit the reference and switch out every instance of that object in the game.

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with the original models? (Just wondering)
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse

Post by Guest »

They just look like shit and have an obviously placeholder texture applied to both the ball and the chain. the clasp isn't even closed on the model. the new model cannot simply be S&R'd, as it's got different dimensions completely and a closed clasp.
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Well that's going to suck then. Someone would have to go through and individually swap out every single model and make sure it matches. That'll be fun.
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Is the clasp supposed to be closed? I'd figure that would depend on the context in which it is used.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

In every instance I've seen it used in TR it was on a skeletal corpse, soooo probably yes, it should be closed. ;p
Eldarion
Developer
Location: Placerville California (Finally living in my Homestate again-to hell with Georgia.

Feedback

Post by Eldarion »

So originally I was going to do one massive post of all of my feedback of TR as a whole. Truthfully it's a massive undertaking. I'll have to do my review in sections. I love TR- I've followed this project for years now and at one point tried to get promoted. I never contributed anything sadly. I think TR is the best mod produced for any game. That being said there's always room for improvement. My feedback will include my comments on the alpha areas as well as recent beta areas. I'm starting with the Northern Velothi Mountains along the northern coast bordering Solstheim as I have started a sort of journaling of my thoughts as I play. I know these areas will change drastically- that's why I'm providing my feedback at this early stage. Even though this region might now get redone for years. Tomorrow I plan to upload a gallery of new screens. Now without further ado:

I like Baan Malur- best town layout in the region- exciting. The rocks might be too big though.

I'm curious why Redoran who build with mud and stone would cut down so many trees? Do they export wood to Valenwood?

Lake Cormaris is amazing! Great world building.

Farm house at the southern end of Lake Cormaris- would Corkbulb and Comberry Grow this far north?

Why the Bone Cave rocks in Lake Cormaris? Not that I'm complaining- it's an interesting touch.

There are collision problems with the big bridges Northwest of Cormar. They can't be crossed without resorting to TCL.

I'll be honest I'm not a fan of the TR Conespruces. Though after seeing the snowy versions it bothers me less. I think the textures on the regular version are the main problem.

Dunkreath is a brilliant piece of design.

I do really like the Antlerfir sapling design. Use more of this please.

The larger Antlerfir is a decent design but the green foliage is too bright. I'll make some better textures for this one.

General comment- there needs to be a lot more roads and pathways in the Northern Velothi region. The fact that currently you can only reach Dunkreath by boat is kind of odd.

Hjolfrstad is one of the coolest structures I've seen ingame- Bravo!

The Daedric Ruin locked in the glacier is truly epic. It's making some great screens (especially with my own ice textures) It will be awesome when this area is finished.
Last edited by Eldarion on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently working on a morrowind Texture overhaul for certain statics.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

Keep in mind that we've reached a consensus that the pine trees in the northern regions are going to be replaced with more Morrowind-ified flora, so that is a major factor of the 'alpha' stage. They're more or less palceholders at this point.
Eldarion
Developer
Location: Placerville California (Finally living in my Homestate again-to hell with Georgia.

Post by Eldarion »

You replied before I could edit my post. I know most of this area will likely be Ashland to suit the Redoran- which I think is a good choice. Personally I think the cliffs at the northern side of Grey Meadows (which is the most incredible area built thus far) would be a good transition point with no Usage of the BM sets south of that point save for perhaps to the far west on the highest peaks. I also think the locations of Roth Roryn and the Armun Ashlands should be swapped and the Askaed Coast Axed. But all this is the subject of a planned future post.
Currently working on a morrowind Texture overhaul for certain statics.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

There's not going to be any ashlands up there actually. It's staying the way it is as far as the climate. It's the Telvannis map that we're considering changing into a more ashlands-like environment.
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

Are we? Any changes for Telvanis are far off, and I don't think we've even discussed what those might be. Eldarion, thank you so much for your feedback. If you see something you'd like to contribute to, it's very welcome!
ObligatoryUsername

Post by ObligatoryUsername »

I have been playing this for the first time finally, after having had various versions installed but never getting around to checking it out. Boy, is it impressive! I haven't got too far into it yet, only a few days of playing, but I am really impressed with what is done with Port Telvannis and the little bit I have seen when I ventured out during those Telvanni quests. The aesthetic is definitely in keeping with the original game, the quests that are done have so far been entirely bug-free and for the most part very well written, blending in seamlessly with the vanilla quest lines.

I have one gripe, which is the abrupt end to the quest lines for the Telvanni. Since the Telvanni areas were ostensibly "done" and released years ago under the old system as Maps 1 & 2, I am confused as to why the House Telvanni quests (the largest faction in the region, as well as the most popular among the player base) were left largely unfinished while the project moved on to other areas and their respective quest lines instead of polishing what was already done a little more.

I understand you have had a chronic shortage of quest writers and that is one reason it has lagged so far behind the landmasses, however since so many quests have been written for the Indoril areas and miscellaneous quests, it just seems a bit strange that the biggest and probably most-anticipated quest line has been cut off fairly early, so long after the area has been released.

I don't know terribly much about scripting (read; I can cannibalize or make minor edits to existing scripts, especially if well commented, but cannot write my own from scratch). However, I can mess around with the construction set a bit and understand the basics of dialogue and journal entries. If I was to try and help out with writing dialogue and possibly concept ideas for these quests (no idea how far along you are with that), is this something that could possibly be implemented any time soon?

To summarize; I am a native English speaker with a strong vocabulary, a surplus of free time and a rudimentary grasp of Morrowind's dialogue system. I enjoy the mod very much and would like to see the Telvanni quest line completed. Is there any way I can help, which will produce results in the near future rather than years from now?