Author
Message Post new topic Reply to topic
Ashstaar
Developer
02 Jun 2005

Anybody seen these imp-like creatures before? Sort of Clavicus Vile-esque to me. Also showing some Seducers I put together for personal use. Made from various available meshes.

imps_1.jpg
 Description:
Imp-like creatures

Download
 Filename:  imps_1.jpg
 Filesize:  214.56 KB
 Downloaded:  429 Time(s)

seducers_1.jpg
 Description:
Seducers

Download
 Filename:  seducers_1.jpg
 Filesize:  257.19 KB
 Downloaded:  549 Time(s)

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:15 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Melchior Dahrk
Developer
28 Nov 2008

I've seen those imps, along with the ogre or whatever. I don't remember how good the animation was, but I think it was decent. I never thought of connecting them with Vile before... not a bad suggestion.

The Seducers look okay, though the heels don't match the daedric armor very well, imo. I think they could maybe use some tattoos or something on their skin. Or maybe skin piercings. Something to break up the bare legs. Very Happy
Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:07 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Ashstaar
Developer
02 Jun 2005

Working on a number of other humanoid creatures and daedra. Here is a Xivilai. Sort of a mix of Battlespire and Oblivion. Also an Oblivion style Ogre.

Xivilai.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Xivilai.jpg
 Filesize:  173.79 KB
 Downloaded:  327 Time(s)

ogre.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ogre.jpg
 Filesize:  210.32 KB
 Downloaded:  309 Time(s)

Post Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:23 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Melchior Dahrk
Developer
28 Nov 2008

Oh man, I love those! Hahahah! They'll fit right in with the other monsters we encounter in Morrowind.
Post Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:58 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

I'm afraid I don't share MD's enthusiasm for the Orge (the colors don't match Morrowind's aesthetics, and common fantasy mainstays like ogres are out of place in Morrowind), but the Xivilai looks like a fitting addition to our lineup of Daedra.

On an unrelated note, I'd love to see you finish those clothing claims of yours, Ashtaar. Very Happy

Post Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:58 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Melchior Dahrk
Developer
28 Nov 2008

Yeti wrote:
I'm afraid I don't share MD's enthusiasm for the Orge (the colors don't match Morrowind's aesthetics, and common fantasy mainstays like ogres are out of place in Morrowind)

I agree that it could stand to be de-saturated a bit. I can imagine Ogres being found in the Southern Velothi mountain border with Cyrodiil though.

edit: also might be interesting to add some tattoos or ritual scarring or something. Or maybe just scars to make them a bit more interesting.
Post Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:41 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
rot
Lead Developer
21 Oct 2012

P:C could perhaps use an ogre?
I'm guessing limb proportions are a limitation of the 'Humanoid' frame.

The Xivilai does look like it'd fit, nice job. Could look less like a horned buff Dunmer, with a different skintone?
Post Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:51 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Ashstaar
Developer
02 Jun 2005

These aren't finished yet, so there will be tweaks and additions to the models. Am considering trying to attatch the Ogre body parts to a different skeleton and adjust the proportions to fit. Maybe. And yes, I would only place the Ogre's over near the Cyrodiil border.

Yeti: Sorry the clothes are taking so long. I got caught up making a large personal mod. Also real life things.
Post Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:58 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

That's fine, Ashstaar. Feel free to take your time. I just wanted to make sure you hadn't forgotten about them. I guess my enthusiasm for how awesome your stuff is makes me impatient to see it added to TR_Data. Wink
Post Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:21 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
RyanS
Lead Developer
19 Aug 2013

I was just wondering. How are these creatures coming along, Ashstaar? It would be disappointing to see them wasted.

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:16 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Ashstaar
Developer
02 Jun 2005

I am still working on things. Here is a Dark Seducer/Mazken.

mazken1.PNG
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  mazken1.PNG
 Filesize:  1.05 MB
 Downloaded:  322 Time(s)

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:04 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Dormichigan64
Developer
26 Dec 2013

Location: Stop trying to see where I live, you creepy bastard! (Kingston, Ontario)

Looks awesome! I've been always waiting for seducers to be in Morrowind. Wink

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
Shhh, bunny be snoozing. lolcatz
Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:50 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
horus
Developer
06 Aug 2014

I like it, too! Looks really good Smile
Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:35 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Ashstaar
Developer
02 Jun 2005

Thanks for the likes. Xivilai. Should be ready for action. Going to work more on the face texture though.

xivilai3_1.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  xivilai3_1.jpg
 Filesize:  81.1 KB
 Downloaded:  276 Time(s)

Post Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:53 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
RyanS
Lead Developer
19 Aug 2013

Looks great! It'll be neat to see these in game. Very Happy

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Post Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:13 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Dormichigan64
Developer
26 Dec 2013

Location: Stop trying to see where I live, you creepy bastard! (Kingston, Ontario)

I think the Xivilai could have a more demonic face.Great job, though.

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
Shhh, bunny be snoozing. lolcatz
Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:41 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
greendogo
TR Tester
29 Mar 2008

The Xivilai is a nice start, however:

The Xivilai looks like a Dunmer with horns and yellow eyes. I think you need to start with a blank slate with the facial texture and tweak the facial model (those eye brow ridge cavities are dark/high elf ridges)

You did a nice job bulking him up in the legs and torso (maybe a little more in the torso), but the body texture is extremely reminiscent of the playable races. He really looks like a Dunmer, instead of being from a different species entirely.

Doing a Google search for Xivilai pulls up a lot of good stuff to work from, like this:
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Oblivion-Xivilai-347570021
(notice there are no ridge cavities like there are for dark/high elves)

The Xivilai you're working from (from Battlespire) is a specific Xivilai Lord named Moath. It's unclear from available sources (beyond finding a copy of Battlespire) how Battlespire depicted non-unique Xivilai entities, or if these would even be representative of the whole. Hell, they can probably look like whatever they want.

Nice Mazken!

Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:10 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Ashstaar
Developer
02 Jun 2005

Here is a comparison shot of xivilai, dremora, and dunmer. I am continuing to refine the model. The face is ok to me but I understand what you are saying, and would like more of a different look myself. I have Battlespire and there are a number of different looking xivilai, or what I took to be xivilai, throughout the game from what I recall. I like the look of the Battlespire characters and chose to work from this one and mix in a little Oblivion in the skin color department. Thanks for the feedback.

xiv_de_drem_compare1.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  xiv_de_drem_compare1.jpg
 Filesize:  181.05 KB
 Downloaded:  251 Time(s)

Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:18 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Ashstaar
Developer
02 Jun 2005

Lower brow ridge, bigger forehead, altered nose and chin. With and without tattoo.

xivs_vary_2.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  xivs_vary_2.jpg
 Filesize:  110.54 KB
 Downloaded:  318 Time(s)

Post Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:07 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
RyanS
Lead Developer
19 Aug 2013

Wow, this is looking even better! I really like the one with the face tattoos.

Post Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:45 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
greendogo
TR Tester
29 Mar 2008

I think the eyes are now different enough to set it apart from the eyes of either the Dunmer or Altmer. Nice work.
Post Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:43 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Melchior Dahrk
Developer
28 Nov 2008

I like that Xivilai, Ashstaar!
Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:56 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Ashstaar
Developer
02 Jun 2005

Thanks, MD and others! Here is an update on the Ogre. Rigged it to an armature so it functions as a creature now. Still need to work on it some more though. Also de-saturated the textures.

ogre4_ani.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ogre4_ani.jpg
 Filesize:  103.8 KB
 Downloaded:  240 Time(s)

Last edited by Ashstaar on Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:44 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Ragox
Developer
20 Jul 2013

These look truly awesome! Smile

BTW please check your "Daedric and other Artifacts" thread Ashstaar Razz

It would be such a shame if any of your models would get lost.
Post Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:37 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Ragox
Developer
20 Jul 2013

Ashstaar could you please post the mesh and texture files as well? Also for the Daedric creatures you posted in another thread.

I'm freaking out about the possibility of losing any of your material...

You're like the last really talented mesh maker for MW imo Smile
Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:29 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Ashstaar
Developer
02 Jun 2005

Some Daedra I've worked up. A couple Xivilai, the yellow daedra from Redguard, a Herne, a Morphoid, a Mazken, a Seducer Oathkin, and Aurorans.

c_xiv_ward1.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  c_xiv_ward1.jpg
 Filesize:  114.88 KB
 Downloaded:  257 Time(s)

c_herne_morph1.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  c_herne_morph1.jpg
 Filesize:  70.03 KB
 Downloaded:  300 Time(s)

c_mazken_seducer_oathkin.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  c_mazken_seducer_oathkin.jpg
 Filesize:  66.55 KB
 Downloaded:  245 Time(s)

c_aurorans1.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  c_aurorans1.jpg
 Filesize:  96.51 KB
 Downloaded:  271 Time(s)

Post Mon May 11, 2015 10:33 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
EJRS
Developer
14 Aug 2013

Love the herne and the morphoid. The unhelmeted auroran looks really outstanding, what's the concept with them?
Post Tue May 12, 2015 9:50 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Melchior Dahrk
Developer
28 Nov 2008

Being a big fan of the original game style. These are FREAKING AMAZING!!!

Such great work as usual. What's your plan for these?
Post Tue May 12, 2015 2:05 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Ashstaar
Developer
02 Jun 2005

Quote:
Love the herne and the morphoid. The unhelmeted auroran looks really outstanding, what's the concept with them?

Thanks! If you mean art concept for the aurorans, they are based on concept art for Shivering Isles on UESP. Otherwise the creatures are being made available to TR if wanted.

Quote:
Being a big fan of the original game style. These are FREAKING AMAZING!!!

Such great work as usual. What's your plan for these?

Thanks again! I am releasing these independently soon but making them available to TR first. I still have plans to keep modding for TR but have been wrapped up in other things for a while.
Post Thu May 14, 2015 10:49 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Infragris
Developer
10 Mar 2013

Ashstaar, would you be willing to share your Aurorans for Project: Cyrodiil? Your work is really outstanding.
Post Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:04 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

While a good-looking model, the Aurorans could use refining here and there. Better textures for one, and removing parts that appear a tad cobbled together, such as using Helseth's Royal Guard helmet for the second Auroran's face. Yes, Oblivion used a similar design for the Auroran, but it's a little too similar here.
Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:48 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group