Author
Message Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Seneca37
Lead Developer
10 Feb 2014

Should we do something special for the Developers Emeritus in-game?

I was thinking something like special unique enchanted rings, or enchanted armor.

The Ring of Hermit, Ring of Gaff, Ring of Katze ...

Any thoughts?
Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:13 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Not
Lead Developer
01 Mar 2012

oh man, that does sound appealing. I thought we were going to have a huge easter egg shrine that would host NPCs of ourselves with unique dialogue too. Either way, I really like that idea, think it would be fun to implement. But try to differentiate on the accessories, make some amulets too.

Although admittedly most of us former core members have already put god item easter eggs into the mod at some point or other...

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:27 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
10Kaziem
Lead Developer
03 Apr 2015

I support this idea. Little rings and amulets and hidden enchanted doodads would be nice.
Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:20 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Lord_Gallant
Developer Emeritus
29 Aug 2003

There was a time when the TR policy absolutely forbade these kinds of in-game tributes. But then again, it also looks like a great many things have changed over the years. I think the best easter eggs are the ones you can't tell are out-of-place unless the player is in on the joke.
Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:44 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
10Kaziem
Lead Developer
03 Apr 2015

Yes, agreed: We don't want them to stick out, but rather be extra interesting if you happen to know the real life backstory.
Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:16 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The items should be lore friendly and shouldn't be attached to a quest, nor an npc. Anything related to the members should fly over the head of most of the players.
Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:33 pm             Reply with quote                   up  

Rats here, writing as anonymous because apparently that's become symptomatic of the old TR forums breathing its last.

Little nods to devs of yesteryear is an appealing idea. May the conversation (and the venting?) continue in the new forums.

Lockity-lock.
Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:11 pm             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group