Goto page Previous  1, 2
cookie16
Developer
27 Oct 2012

How to I upload a the newest file at the top?

Last edited by cookie16 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:25 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

I don't think you can while the claim is pending. In my claim, there's a line in the thread header on the first page which reads:

Files: [Browse...] No file selected.

You click on the [Browse...] button to choose your file.
Right above that line is another which allows you to adjust the claim's percentage of completion.
Finally, at the bottom right of the claim description, you'll find an [Update claim] button. Once you have your file selected and level of progress updated, you just click that button and it will update the claim.

"I have nothing to declare except my genius." - Oscar Wilde, border
Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:38 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
cookie16
Developer
27 Oct 2012

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:07 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
cookie16
Developer
27 Oct 2012

Do I place Bandits/NPC or does someone else do that?
Post Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:54 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Theo
Developer Emeritus
16 Dec 2004

Please no interiors or monsters/NPCs. They will be placed later with respect to consistency of the whole region. You may however create bandit camps, entrances to cave interiors etc. and make notes about their intended purpose for interior/NPC makers that they may (or may not) take into consideration.

However if you have some more ambitious plan (like including some smaller settlement or larger ruin), it is good to discuss it here first to make sure it goes well with the intended design and purpose of this area.

Post Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:47 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
cookie16
Developer
27 Oct 2012

Theo wrote:
Please no interiors or monsters/NPCs. They will be placed later with respect to consistency of the whole region. You may however create bandit camps, entrances to cave interiors etc. and make notes about their intended purpose for interior/NPC makers that they may (or may not) take into consideration.

However if you have some more ambitious plan (like including some smaller settlement or larger ruin), it is good to discuss it here first to make sure it goes well with the intended design and purpose of this area.

I was just unaware of the process of monsters/bandits placing.

Where do I make these notes and what is the proper form of doing them?
Post Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:39 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

We could use an update here, cookie16.
Post Wed May 14, 2014 3:02 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
cookie16
Developer
27 Oct 2012

Last Week of High School, so I have been extremely busy.
I will try to get something done.
Post Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:47 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Sounds good cookie. Are you graduating this year?
Post Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:53 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
cookie16
Developer
27 Oct 2012

Yeti wrote:
Sounds good cookie. Are you graduating this year?

Ya
Post Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:06 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Congratulations. Smile My brother graduated from High School last week. He didn't have much free time either at the time.
Post Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:54 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
cookie16
Developer
27 Oct 2012

Yeti wrote:
Congratulations. Smile My brother graduated from High School last week. He didn't have much free time either at the time.

You in High School still?
Post Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:19 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Nope. I'll be in my Senior year of college starting this Fall.
Post Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:33 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
cookie16
Developer
27 Oct 2012

new file
Also, it would be great if someone could take a quick look at it. Its my first claim and opinion would be amazing.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:46 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Theo
Developer Emeritus
16 Dec 2004

After a first look it seems fine to me. Perhaps I would not place the fisherman house that close to that other building. In TES III two buildings that close together already give an impression of a small settlement.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:31 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
cookie16
Developer
27 Oct 2012

Theo wrote:
After a first look it seems fine to me. Perhaps I would not place the fisherman house that close to that other building. In TES III two buildings that close together already give an impression of a small settlement.

I should of probably mention what I have actually worked on.

-27,17 -half way done
-28,17 -Done
-29,17 -Done
-29,16 -WIP
-28,16 -Only border has been touched

Every other cell hasn't been touched by me yet.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:52 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Theo
Developer Emeritus
16 Dec 2004

In this case I must say only great work! The finished cells seem near perfect to me.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:32 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
cookie16
Developer
27 Oct 2012

New File
Post Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:49 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
cookie16
Developer
27 Oct 2012

I was looking at this map https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/7azy8eb6f942l33/Master%20Plan%20%5BSettlements%20and%20Roads%5D.jpg
and noticed a blue dot in my claim.
Do I need to worry about this?
Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:38 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

No, I think those are just the Nordic buildings already in your claim. That map just reflects what is already there; even if you deleted them it wouldn't really be an issue, the map would just have to be changed.

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:45 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
cookie16
Developer
27 Oct 2012

Will update soon
Post Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:21 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

Not so much an update request as asking whether you still plan on working on this. If so, you can keep holding on to it, no problem. If not, this will likely get merged with the rest of Uld Vraech to be worked on again when the Uld Vraech section opens up.

Post Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:49 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
cookie16
Developer
27 Oct 2012

I am unfortunately away at collage and only have a laptop, so I can't work on this.
ill try and have the last version up by the end of today.
Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:26 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
cookie16
Developer
27 Oct 2012

I would like to start working on this again, but have been out of the loop for the last here on what has gone on.
I see it has been merged into the main file.
Post Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:48 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
cookie16
Developer
27 Oct 2012

I'm Trying to upload a new version but I completely forget how to use TES Advanced mod editor to clean the file.
I thought there was guide here at some point, any help would be great because I'm about 75% done this claim.
Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:29 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
cookie16
Developer
27 Oct 2012

Done, forget how to clean so right now, the main file is dirty, will fix this once I find out how.
Post Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:08 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

Goto page Previous  1, 2
The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group