New Flora Pack

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

sirwootalot123
Developer

New Flora Pack

Post by sirwootalot123 »

Contains all of asylum's mushrooms, greybeards lilies, and ingredients for the 'shrooms.
I strongly reccomend people to use these, escpecially the lilies and "meadowstool" mushrooms.
Attachments
TR flora pack.zip
(630.01 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Ummm ...

We should keep some mushrooms for Skyrim, and use them wisely. I'd say, they should be used in the regions bordering other provinces, like the Argon Jungle, or the northwestern Redoran territories. But not extensively. The lily, however, should be freely used in every swamp area, especially in the south. I love sea lilies, personally, and the Coda Flower, while beautiful on it'S own, isn't a good substitute.

Also, Woot, the file lacks the meshes folder. Please correct that and add the meshes, okay?
Elder Mod.

For now, I'm sleeping in my lightless city beneath the waves.

But someday ... I will be back.

Fthagn.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

it does? what the crap...
i'll fix it soon.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Ok. I'm going now, will check it out later. It's a good idea to bundle our many new meshes; be sure to submit that collection to Eraser fro OoT, too.
Elder Mod.

For now, I'm sleeping in my lightless city beneath the waves.

But someday ... I will be back.

Fthagn.
Zombies

Post by Zombies »

or the northwestern Redoran territories
I've got some of that...hmnmnmnmnmm...
On hiatus, if you wish to contact me, my email adress is in my profile.
TR projects:
5-7, ruinridge(29 cells)-complete
5-9,(24 cells)- submitted
concept art
other shi...stuff.
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Deleted
Last edited by Greybeard on Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

yea have all of those been properly changed to DDS format, it will be alot easier to fix them to be correct now than to wait till it is part of the mesh collection.
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Asylum
Developer

Post by Asylum »

the shrooms should be debated over where they grow the rarity and the effects of the ingredients..
and probablty the names, before everyone starts using them in their claims

someone got any toughts?
"Forgive me, for I don't know what I gain
Alone in this garden of pain
Enchantment has but one truth:
I weep to have what I fear to lose"
Zombies

Post by Zombies »

I just sent you a list of names, you can pick and choose a few from it.
On hiatus, if you wish to contact me, my email adress is in my profile.
TR projects:
5-7, ruinridge(29 cells)-complete
5-9,(24 cells)- submitted
concept art
other shi...stuff.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I already made names in there for the 'shrooms. I kept Bluefoot, Etoy'ep and Meadowstool, but other wise..
Orcsear -- Orc's Ear (smells and tastes just like shit, but fortifies strength)
swamp mushroom -- Pom Pod (would it be possible to script so when you get up to it it shoots you with poison damage)?
Dark forest -- Balsan Mora (simple conversion to dunmeri)
King's throne -- Gahmehrdohnn'ridu (dunmeri for king's throne)
Deerskin -- Drothwort (makes you very nauseous, but it has an other, desired effect...)
New Shroom -- Ohn'Erufin (dunmeri for "kill you", ingestion is fatal but if treated properly a VERY nice effect can be used for potion making (sanctuary).)
also, i made a new light which should be used for the Fury pod's pods.
These are the plants not made by TR members:
Lumosia (a small fungi pod, glows brilliantly - under "light" category)
Mooncup (a large mushroom, water is trapped in the cap; which is a very valuable alchemic ingredient)

As for where they grow, here are my suggestions:

Bluefoot: sparsely on all maps except 1 and 2, but more common in map 5 - also in cyrodiil and south skyrim
Pom Pod: Argon Jungle, Argonia, cyrodiilic jungles, Tenmar, Valenwood, sparse amounts in other swampy areas, sometimes used as a house plant because of the poison it shoots out when touched
Orc's Ear: Maps 1, 2, 3; east half of map 6; most common on telvanni islands and the dry stretch of WG mountains in the middle of dres territory
Balsan Mora: EXTREMELY rare; only found in ralen woods, argon jungle, emerald forest, cyrodiil jungles, and map 5 swamplands; there should be something like 1 per 5 cells
Gahmerdohnn'ridur: Northern map 5, map 4, eastern and south-central map 6, cyrodiil, skyrim - rarer on all other maps
Drothwort: all maps, most of northern tamriel (cyrodiil (mainly colovia), high rock, southern skyrim) more frequent as "lushness" increases (so AI regions would have more Drothwort than a AC region)
Ohn'Erufin: Maps 1 and 2, all BC and WG texture areas, Argonia
Etoy'ep: everywhere sparsely, escpecially common in argon jungle and marshes surrounding Tear
(the four lilies listed of course only grow in or around ponds or other small bodies of water)
White Lily: maps 3, 4, 6
Purple Lily: all except 1 (but still in 1A), most common around river Thir
Yellow Lily: all areas between old ebonheart and the dronyon bay (map 3, bit of map 6), all BC areas
Pink Lily: everywhere
(these are plants made by non-TR members)
Lumosia: All forest or marsh areas, ponds (but not in the west)
Mooncup: Very rare province-wide, average frequency in same areas as Balsan Mora and argonia, common in Argon Jungle

I will upload a new version (that works :P ) when asylum releases the models and icon for the Ohn'Erufin.
The new version will also include the Black Rose and the weird spikey green root things that grow in the swamps.
also, IF YOU KNOW OF ANY PLANTS TR IS USING BUT ARE NOT IN THIS PACK LET ME KNOW ASAP.
Last edited by sirwootalot123 on Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nairb
Developer

Post by Nairb »

fortify attack? thats really powerfull. only 2 ingredints have them.
Hold on sec, my keyboard is sliding off the desk, i gotta catch it b4 it jnkgdnldnl
Spider

Post by Spider »

I rather liked the name Orc's Ear- who the hell want's to call a mushroom 'Orc's Rear'? That's just rediculous, and phonetically (sp?) displeasing. I also liked 'King's Throne', I thought that rather clever. And for the swamp 'shroom how about just 'Pom' as a suggestion?
"More famous than Jesus, and better dressed than Santa Claus.
You won't find me down a chimney, and I wouldn't be caught dead on a cross.
So give me your money, because I deserve it more."
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

oh, i never noticed it could be "orc's ear", i always looked at it like he made a typo and forgot the R. will change.
And how about "Pom Pod"?
changing in progress...
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

People could call orcsear orc's rear jokingly...
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

good thinking.
Also, it is my personal belief that when the detailers go over the maps, we should make TR have REAL, DIFFERENT LOOKING REGIONS of its own! with maybe different looking trees, or a unique blend of certain textures in some key areas, I really do think TR will benefit highly.
The areas I think should be unique-ified, by the detailers:
Telvanni Islands
being an island, the climate would obviously be different. i imagine it would use a generous covering of large orange-leaved trees (model to be provided with next tree pack), and maybe even the mushrooms that telvanni make their houses out of (new model would be needed).
Ralen Woods
Just like an AI area, but no trees except a complete-canopy creating layer of tree models i found eariler (at half-scale, current model is too big).
Emerald Forest
Using only MH trees - and LOTS of them. There would be a layer of 2X scale big ones, normal scale big ones, and 2X scale little ones, and use of GL rocks, but otherwise just like an AI area. The container flora would be all the plants from mournhold except the cacti, and all the AI plants too.
Shipal-shin
A very dry, savannah-like area. basically just GL, but using the statics and textures differently to provide a unique take on the region-type.
6-16 area mountains
almost desert-like area, but basically just WG with sand instead of scrub. Gl and MH trees would be used in addition to WG trees, and the cacti plants would be frequent here. Would also span across a tiny bit of 6-3.
Marshes of Map 5
this is easy. Just add in a good amount of the orange telvanni island trees here in addition to what is there already - this alone would make the region stand out.
4-13 marsh area
This is already awesomely unique, but to give it an even greater coating of awesomeness add in a few of the willow trees made by majra.
Maps 1 and 2 mountains
Just use a new texture for the mountain tops. Possibly a reddish rock like the ones found in the southwestern US.
Inner Sea
I strongly suggest we make more islands in the maps 1/2 area, and generally fill it in with seafloor statics all the way. A few new islands around map 4 wouldnt hurt either. Currently, it looks dull as hell, like we kept a claim that was only 30% complete.
Deshaan Plains
My suggestion is to do with it alot like what garinator did with 6-14; just like AI but with twice the tree density. not too hard to do, and it really pays off in the end.
Almalexia Area
This should be obvious - use ONLY plants from MH and for rock use BC_rock_04 (just like mournhold). we dont want people to find ascadian isles flora and rocks outside of a city that clearly had its own texture and flora plans.
I made some rocks with this texture earlier, so if you want those PM me.
Last edited by sirwootalot123 on Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G.M.K.

Post by G.M.K. »

Excellant idea sirwoot, In RL terrain dosn't look all the same in a region as big as morrowind (heck my property has more variety than the current main land). Just a thought but what if we made one of the shrooms only grow in old burns because plenty of mushrooms only grow in old burns(like the morel which I don't have a pic of but is a very neat mushroom(not to mention tasty)).
Garinator

Post by Garinator »

ditto sirwoot although doing the deshaan plains like i did 6-14 is gonna take u an eternity and drive u mad 8)
av01d

Post by av01d »

we need a ecologist to decide what plants can grow where. and get someone to actually enforce it. u wouldnt one area to have 12+ different kinds of mushrooms growing. the mainland will look so bad compared to that. and also irl, things tend not to grow so abundantly in such varieties.

u need to think of how the spores actually got there before planting them down. now just throw them about. like u shld never have just one group of mush hanging about in an isolated patch
"Um, I already gave my best"
"And that I have no regrets at all"

Lore: http://www.williamhung.net/
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

indeed, avoid. However, good placement is the responsibility of the modder, not me - i'm just placing guidlines for where they appear, making final names, and putting them in one convenient little download.
Also, check the post up above with all the mushrooms. I have a few new plants I am adding to the pack, found on other sites and not made by TR (I am giving credit of course).
Spider

Post by Spider »

Hey, I'd make an excellent ecologist/biologist for Tamriel if someone wants to nominate me. I have some knowlegs of plants and could provide a brief natural history and basic guideline for placing plant life and such.
"More famous than Jesus, and better dressed than Santa Claus.
You won't find me down a chimney, and I wouldn't be caught dead on a cross.
So give me your money, because I deserve it more."