2-19-Tel

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

2-19-Tel

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_2-19-Tel (#82)
Faction: Telvanni
Claimed by: Haplo
Files: TR_2-19-Tel_Haplo_1.esp

---

No description. Moderators, please describe this claim!
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

This claim is going back up for claiming because it has 8 empty cells.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

I am currently working on 4-17, but I guess there is not such rush with map 4 as most of finished map 3 exteriors are being fairly ignored, so I would like to start working on map 2.
Detailing is not my cup of tea, so I would like to REDO this mostly plain area, except the lake to the north and make it look as real mountains with high slopes and cliffs, narrow paths and abysses with ropebridges over them.
I hope Cleverclothe plans making some high mountains on north of his claim as well. I did a small imperial town on Northeast of the claim (which is in the Showcase right now), which I could include, but if you do not want it to be there, no problem.
As for green parts I would like to use those nice TR_oaks in here to make some proper dense forest, where map hints so. These look cool and I don't know if they have been used already.
This claim is on territory Swiftoak is going to detail, so I don't know... Does he have to wait for this to be finished or do we have to organize our jobs contemporarily?
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

Granted
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

Hi Theo. Yes, I am putting up some fairly tall mountains (the same height as those to the east of me). Feel free to make taller mountains as long as they transition well from mine. We need to get rid of these "speed bumps". I am uploading an up to date version of my claim (file still dirty). It has major terrain, texture and rock work done.

Let me know what you think.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

This is my plan for this area - replace rocky hills with true mountains.
For some reason the green part is more on the west and the lake is more on the south than on the map. This is how it was on map 2 already and I just respect it. The borders of the claim have not been changed on the picture.

Swiftoak: could you start your detailing on the unclaimable areas first, please?
Cleverclothe: See my post in your thread.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

No comments, objections, suggestions? Ok, I will just go on. Here are newest screenies.
Last edited by Theo on Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

Remember, a shack village should be in this claim, and the town moved to Map 3.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Oh :( Ok! It will be problem to shape the terrain under it again if I just transfer it to another cell, but on the other hand I could afford to enlarge it a bit. So be it then...
I will do the terrain right now and replace the town cell with village later. Some other objections concerning the dwemer ruin, neighbouring claims, using of oaks and the shape and heighth of mountains?
THEO
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I like it. :D It makes sense that someone would build a fort there, but I'd think they'd have a tower directly overlooking the only way up. Also, will that bridge actually end up leading anywhere? It seems a bit useless as it is.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Sure, there will be second part of the ruins. The first one being observatory, the second one factory providing energy and armory.
THEO
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

That makes sense enough. :D I look forward to seeing more pics, this claim looks rather unique with it's spiral mountain.
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

Theo, just save a copy of what you have now so you can have the town around. Then in the version you are working on, delete the town.

You can always move the town using the copy later. We live in the computer age people!
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

I did already, but if the town is moved to another terrain I will have to alter it a bit. Not such a big problem though.
THEO
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

I love how it's looking! Don't worry, I'm already back on my feet and working at the claim. And I see you moved the lake a little bit. Shall I do the same?
Attachments
2-19cutout from s6.JPG
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

I didn't move the lake, really. I am not that crazy to mess up with things like this. If you mean that the lake is displaced few cells from where it should be according to the map, that is how it was originally in map 2 and you can take a look to make sure that all surounding claims are still matching to mine. (I didn't touch the terrain on edges of this claim). Otherwise sorry for the inactivity, I am low on inspiration and high at work, but I believe I am still not delaying anything right now.
THEO
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

I see what is wrong. Theo, you are one row of cells off. The north three cells in your picture are part of claim 2-2. You need to drop those and pick up the 3 cells on the south side.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

:shock: Me stupid! That would explain that. But have no fear in this stage it will be easy for me to fix.
THEO
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Strangely enough, moving my claim in proper position initiated another wave of inspiration. This is how the claim looks now and what interiors are planed? What do you think? Is there not too many? And how about that huge Dwarven tower? Please give me some feedback...
Last edited by Theo on Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Don't spread anything like a ruin out over cells. I know I redid a claim which did that to an Imperial fortress.

Keep it compact in one or two cells, and make it kind of like one BS made (not too big, no power plant, no device of doom, no living area; ie something which only needs one or two interior cells to completely make the inside). At least IMO. Map 2 already has an enormous Dwemer ruin (Kemel-Ze).
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Looking good there :) Only thing I would suggest is make the placement more random. As of now it kinda looks more like a maze rather than rugged wilderness.
-Hippocrates
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Oh, I also forgot... :)

Here's the official list of Map 2 filler ints, so you have to add whatever of them is in your claim. As a general rule, try and have one interior for every three or four exterior cells. Any more and it seems too much, any less and it seems too little. With that, I'd say you should have ~4 to make it seem right.

Map2 List

i2-271-Tel - 30,3 - Small cave
i2-272-Tel - 32,3 - Egg mine
i2-273-Imp - 28,2 - Large cave
i2-274-Tel - 31,2 - Medium sized grotto
i2-275-Tel - 29,1 - Shack (hermit) - ex_de_shack_02-in_de_shack_02
i2-276-Tel - 35,1 - Small cave
i2-277-Imp - 28,0 - Medium sized Cave
i2-278-Tel - 31,0 - Velothi tomb
i2-279-Tel - 34,0 - Large grotto
i2-280-Imp - 27,-1 - Small cave
i2-281-Tel - 30,-1 - Dwemer Ruin (1 entrance only)
i2-282-Tel - 33,-1 - Small cave
i2-283-Imp - 26,-2 - Small plantation - ex_de_shack_01-in_de_shack_01 ex_de_shack_03-in_de_shack_03
i2-284-Imp - 28,-2 - House of a drunkard bum; dark and full of booze - ex_nord_house_04 -in_nord_house_04
i2-285-Tel - 28,-3 - Velothi tomb
i2-286-Tel - 29,-3 - Abandoned shack - ex_de_shack_05-in_de_shack_05
i2-287-Tel - 32,-3 - Small cave
i2-288-Tel - 34,-3 - Shipwreck
i2-289-Tel - 31,-4 - Small cave
i2-290-Tel - 24,-5 - Shack (hermit) - ex_de_shack_03-in_de_shack_03
i2-291-Tel - 22,-6 - Egg mine
i2-292-Tel - 31,-6 - Small cave
i2-293-Tel - 24,-7 - Velothi Tomb
i2-294-Tel - 28,-7 - Ebony mine
i2-295-Tel - 33,-7 - Large cave
i2-296-Tel - 23,-8 - Manor
i2-297-Tel - 26,-8 - Shack (hermit) - ex_de_shack_02-in_de_shack_02
i2-298-Tel - 29,-8 - Velothi tomb
i2-299-Tel - 31,-8 - Plantation (May span more than one cell) - ex_de_shack_01-in_de_shack_01 ex_de_shack_01-in_de_shack_01 ex_de_shack_03-in_de_shack_03
i2-300-Tel - 31,-8 - Plantation Manor - Available when exterior is finished
i2-301-Tri - 43,-8 - Medium sized Cave
i2-302-Tel - 21,-9 - Shipwreck ***note: make sure that the exterior modder has the plugin for the interior to fit it properly***
i2-303-Tel - 25,-9 - Large abandoned smugglers cave (creatures have taken over) possibly long dead corpse of a smuggler
i2-304-Tel - 28,-9 - Iron mine
i2-305-Tel - 31,-9 - Mages tower - ex_common_tower_thatch-in_common_tower_thatch
i2-306-Tel - 33,-9 - Medium sized abandoned mine
i2-307-Ind - 23,-10 - Dwemer Ruin (1 entrance only)
i2-308-Ind - 27,-10 - Medium sized Cave
i2-309-Ind - 35,-10 - Large cave settlement
i2-310-Ind - 22,-11 - Shack (hermit) - ex_de_shack_03-in_de_shack_03
i2-311-Ind - 25,-11 - Large Egg mine
i2-312-Ind - 25,-11 - Velothi cave homes of the miners - in_velothicave_## (X3)
i2-313-Ind - 28,-11 - House of an old ex-traveller - ex_nord_house_02-in_nord_house_02
i2-314-Ind - 21,-12 - Large grotto; cave settlement that water got into and is now mostly abandoned.
i2-315-Ind - 24,-12 - Abandoned shack - ex_de_shack_02-in_de_shack_02
i2-316-Tel - 37,-12 - Small smuggler's cave
i2-317-Ind - 25,-13 - Abandoned Egg Mine
i2-318-Ind - 29,-14 - Medium sized Velothi tomb
i2-319-Ind - 37,-14 - Small cave
i2-320-Ind - 24,-15 - Medium sized Egg mine
i2-321-Ind - 33,-15 - Velothi tomb (Entrance already placed)
i2-322-Tri - 41,-15 - Small grotto
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Thanks guys. That makes 2 small interior caves from the filler list + 2 other interiors of my choice. I will reduce the numbers then.
THEO
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

Nomadic, was this list posted anywhere? I can't find it. It would have been nice to have this much earlier. Some of those Ints haven't been enabled for claiming. I just found two that I did not know about and will have to work into my claim (luckily I am not finished yet).
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Uh... it was in the Map 2 Detailing thread, second page, somewhere around the middle, as a .txt attachment in one of Massie's posts.

Also before I forget: if you want to add any more interiors to your claims, you need to get permission from Massie first.
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

Thanks. That's probably why I missed it. :)
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Excellent. When you are done, do give the claim to me so I can merge it and submit it all as one file :)
-Hippocrates
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

I am low at inspiration right now, but the basic layout is done and all remains is rock or tree there (also fences around the village) and little details. If you want, Swifty, you can have a look at it and possibly merge it and continue detailing yourself. (Also some little merging needs to be done)
If you think I should do more work on this, give me yours suggestions to kick me back to work.
THEO
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Update.
Red = New interiors to be made
Green = Caves to be linked
Yellow = Another places of interests
Last edited by Theo on Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEO
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Could you please give an accurate picture and location for the new village?
Could you also give an WIP so that, once I have made sure that the village is ok, I can put it's interiors up for claiming.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Ok, new map is here.
The village is an outpost of Wood elves refugees, who escaped from Valenwood and now they seek to build new settlement here following the Bosmer tradition in harmony with forest.
1) Wise woman/herbalist/alchemist
2) Chief/hunter
3) Inn/Tradepost
4) Potter/clothier
5) Hunter/fletcher
They are somehow bothered by the bandits nearby. Those are well equipped and organized orcish and imperial crossbowman and war magicians, who took hideout also in the ruined dwemer observatory and meteorological station on top of the mountain, ruined village nearby and underground living halls, built by dwemer (I would like to claim this int myself.)
Last edited by Theo on Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEO
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Bosmer tradition is certainly not building a shack village out of wood, as that goes against the green pact, or however it's called. I'm thinking that you'll either need to alter your plans concerning the village or try and build houses out of bone, or stone, as I think that's fine, or whatever bosmer actually use...
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

Well, the Bosmer technically use wood that was cut and fashioned by someone else (non Bosmer).
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

That is true, so you could always add in a woodcutter's hut or something, I was just thinking that it doesn't sound like Bosmer tradition. :D
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Please, Theo, no lore-breaking Bosmer refugee villages. If you could just do a nice little dunmer village, or a decent sized plantation, that would be great. Could you simply make a nice, not so square village, minus the big docks?
Oh and did you mean that there would be a second village here, except that this one would be ruined? Because I can't really allow that. Isn't a dwemer ruin a big enough place for them to hide in?

(Hope this doesn't sound harsh :) )

Oh, and make sure to check the filler int list for any extra filler int entrances that should be here.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Sure. If it was up to me I would not make any village here as Peter_UK already made one in his 2-2 claim, which is one cell north and two cells east from this one and keep the ruins only (you know the Ex_ruins pieces, they are on the opposite side of the claim).
Beside that there are two cave entrances for the ints from filler lists + 2 interiors of mine: The ruin and the dwelling area. 4 interiors total.
So how about deleting that village and perhaps telling Peter to enlarge his one a little bit.
THEO
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Fine by me, kill the village :)
-Ophelia Benson
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

New file up the top and new WIP image of the area.
Attachments
pic000.jpg
THEO
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Detailing of the three southernmost cells is missing and so is vertex shading. I have no time to work on this right now, but if someone is willing to pick it after me, he could finish it within 2 hours.
Perhaps let someone else to do this.
THEO
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Revoked by user-request, please use the latest file (5, I believe) posted by Theo. Do NOT start over again!