4-34-Red

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

4-34-Red

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_4-34-Red (#244)
Faction: Redoran
Claimed by: Sir Dave
Files: TR_4-34-Red_Haplo_1.esp

---

Roth Roryn Region in the east, with Velothi Mountains in the west. Refer to the image below:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/4-34Lined.jpg

The pink line is the split between Roth Roryn and Velothi mountains. The light blue is a river that needs to be there. Any rivers apart from this need to go. The purple dotted lines represent the roads. The image of these roads above is just a basic idea though, and you need to make them more interesting. However, it's important that they are at the same points when they cross over into other claims.

Claimer must draw a proposal for the roads in their claim over the image linked above before they will be granted it.
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

What is going on with the river in this claim. It seems to disappear under something then begin again. Has anyone looked at it? Does it need fixing?
welp
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Since it's Map 4, and really old, we haven't looked at it extensively, but once Map 3 is on into the NPC stages, we are going to be looking at Map 4 closely to determine what needs to be fixed, redone, detailed, scrapped, changed, et cetera. Until then, it'll sit around in the Finished forum.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

Vernon you bastard! How are you? :P Haven't seen you in a while here. I'm sorry for spamming this claim, but I just had to reply.
"Bling shizzle, here's a revizzle . . .oh god, I'm so white. . . "
-Jacurutu

"and since Armor of Tamriel has been delayed longer than Half Life 2, I have no idea if it exists or not." -Dexter
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Just checking, because I have interests in map 4 and would like to do a little detailing when you finally get around to it.

Kasan - check PMs :)
welp
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

OK claiming this as my first exterior claim!!!!! Will mainly go with the plan. I think about adding a small inn in the way, is this OK?
Last edited by alex25 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

This is because i couldn't add an image in the claim section thing
Attachments
4-34ideea1.JPG
4-34ideea1.JPG (32.06 KiB) Viewed 6885 times
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I think
The image of these roads above is just a basic idea though, and you need to make them more interesting. However, it's important that they are at the same points when they cross over into other claims.
you need to adjust that road in the top left-ish part of your map. (btw, congrats on being promoted!)
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Sorry. This is the new map
Attachments
4-34ideea2.JPG
4-34ideea2.JPG (31.83 KiB) Viewed 6863 times
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I don't see a difference with the other map.
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

The purple thingy is the difference
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I see it now.
I think you should change some more and do something more then following TF's purple lines. The only road line you have to follow is the one near the borders of the claim since the roads have to match with the surrounding claims.
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

They're good enough for the moment. I'm not like stick to them but they mostly make sense and fit to my ideea of how the area should look.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

If this is granted I will upload a WIP of my claim soon, so that we can match the road in the south-east.
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Yes that would realy be great
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Will someone tell me what's happening to this? Is it missing something? Is it aproved is it not? Should i draw a mor detailed map? But this is siting here for 3 days so.......
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

The slower modder matches to the faster modder, so if Scamp doesn't come through on posting a WIP, just match it to the terrain of the original map 4 claim or something?
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

...I actally posted my WIP some days ago. Alex may feel free to download the #3 file of my claim.

Edit: Changed it to 3 because I uploaded a new file. I won't be changing anything with the borders anymore.
Last edited by Scamp on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

The actual problem is that this is still in pending.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

I thought we no longer required Sload to approve these things... can TF, Haplo or Nemon please see to this?
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

Tea is important.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Granted, but do try to make those roads more winding than the proposal. Have fun!
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Ok a bit of it has been done. Question: do you think a inn would fit at the crossroads (redoran style kept by a pious redoran)? :?:
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Out of lack of inspiration for the RR region and out of the fact that the height limit makes it realy difficult for me to put my ideeas of how RR should look into practice and out of the slightly crappy transition i made i drop this claim and will try my hand on something not RR.

So please revoke this

Thanks
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

dude. RM is really tall, RR is really tall. Revoking anyway, but RM is not such an impossible height limit to work with.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Claiming Please, will obviously make RR Region east of line and VM on the west.

I was hoping to claim 4-36 as well to border match, but I was a little slow, but that's alright I'll talk to Scamp about it later on. :)

I've also notice there are a few shacks and a redoran hut on one side of the river, are all of these buildings staying?
Last edited by RelinQ on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

[url=http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/?action=view&currepreposedroads434.jpg][img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/preposedroads434.jpg[/img][/url]
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Granted! Remember checking with your neighbours for border matching.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

RelinQ wrote:I was hoping to claim 4-36 as well to border match
You will never be granted a second exterior claim barring some massive behavioral transformation.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hey RelinQ, you're within a week of needing an update.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Oh snap, already? that has gone fast, okay update will be on Tuesday the 21st.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Okay quick update,

I havent had alot of time (as usual) but I have pretty much created the paths and rivers leading into the north and down the east side of the claim.

Its just been terraforming atm, no actual statics yet and the shading is all just very basic atm, not tidied up yet.

Eitherway you can see how my paths are starting to look in parts, and Im just terraforming alot of the centre now.
There is actually quite a large empty area here, so I want to make this very prettypart of RR.

Btw Hap/Nemon are we keeping the little hut + shacks in this claim? If so I'll tidy it up, it needs it.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

hey RelinQ,

I have noticed that you have that little river part in your claim. However it should not continue in my claim and Haplo told me I should not add one in my claim, and there is no river in 4-35 either, so if it is not too much trouble, could you remove the river from your file? thanks

it seems to be a river map error, as there is no river marked on the river map for 4-36

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

shit, well I fucked that one up. There IS supposed to be a river in 4-36 continuing to the sea in 4-39. I forgot to draw it on the map for 4-36 and there is no map for 4-39.

Here is the full map that for some reason I never even uploaded anywhere. http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/RR-1.jpg
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

way to go mang.

Scamp, are you okay with adding a river in your claim as seen in TF's overview map?

Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

well, it seems I have to :?
If there is a way to avoid having this river here it would be appreciated. However, I would be ok with this as long as I can change the river course a bit as I don't want to lose all the work I've done in the last days :mrgreen:

RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

oh thank christ,

Thats really good to hear TF :D, I spent a little while getting the shape for the river.

Btw TF just FYI:
[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/littleupdateoninfo.jpg[/img]
Now since Scamp finished 4-35 before I started this claim, I'm just going to match this up accordingly in 4-34.

Just thought I'd let you know about the slight change up for reviewing purposes.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:Here is the full map that for some reason I never even uploaded anywhere.
I didn't even get a small map for 4-20. Some roads are probably wrong as a result.

I don't mind fixing any claims I got wrong, but this kind of stuff really needs to be made public in future.

Tea is important.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Just a heads up RelinQ, you're at about a week before you've gotta update.

RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

According to this thread my month passed would be on the 25th, but I'm planning to put up a WIP tomorrow regardless, so thats all moot.

Also I have moved the little settlement from its original location to somewhere further south, to accomodate for terrain adjustments.
Dexter (on IAS): "Since when do you need to be able to do backflips to dig holes?" Fri 29 Jul, 2005 3:57:03
Sload (on Narsis): "Jesus Christ, I wonder why there was lag when you had an 80,000 face gazebo." Thu 09 Apr, 2009 11:46:33
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

RelinQ wrote:According to this thread my month passed would be on the 25th, but I'm planning to put up a WIP tomorrow regardless, so thats all moot.
There are less than 7 days between the 20th (or even the 19th) and the 25th... I don't get why you make it sound like it isn't.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo