4-3-Red

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

4-3-Red

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_4-3-Red (#140)
Faction: Redoran
Claimed by: RelinQ
Files: TR_4-3-Red_Haplo_1.esp

---

Bodrem is in this claim, but you are NOT TO TOUCH IT. Region changes will be made in the town at a later date. Refer to this image:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/4-3Lined.jpg

The entirety of this claim is Roth Roryn Region. The light blue river needs to be there if it isn't already. The purple dotted lines represent the roads. The image of these roads above is just a basic idea though, and you need to make them more interesting. However, it's important that they are at the same points when they cross over into other claims.

Claimer must draw a proposal for the roads in their claim over the image linked above before they will be granted it.

Swiftoak has first dibs on this claim as he was the previous holder.
Amaya

Post by Amaya »

Hi.

This days I was in my exams period, so i didn't progress in my claim. Furthermore, our computer broke down and we lost a part of our work. I moded a waterfall (Very nice one, as Liliath said! :cry: ). We can't recover the latest version of our work. Liliath is in his exam period too, but I will mod my waterfall quickly to send you the WIP. Sorry.

No worries though, no need to revoke the claim.

-Amaya-
De donde acaba el genio, a donde empieza el loco....
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Let me know when you need the latest version of my esp for border matching. I'm doing [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=11814]4-41[/url] currently.
welp
Amaya

Post by Amaya »

Nice. I'll let you know when I need it. Thanks.

-Amaya-
De donde acaba el genio, a donde empieza el loco....
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

hi,

could you give us a progress report, please?

kf

ps: please, make lil to finish his map4 claims soon :D
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

hello, anybody home?

cursor hovers above the "revoke" button...

:D
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

unfortunately, Amaya is no longer with us - revoked

EDIT: claiming :]
could a GM/admin grant this, plese?
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Oh boy, Kingfish is modding again!
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

thank you dex.
hmm, 4-1, 4-2, 4-3,... :D

anyway, this should be fast as i'm staying home this week [i'm sick = no work = time for tr]
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

first picture - it's the entry cat-walk for the town of bodrum
Attachments
bodrum.JPG
(217.63 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Man I gotta know, how do you churn out golden material like that so fast?
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

i always have a plan up front before claiming something... :D
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Beautiful.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

A plan huh? Yeah I should probably put one of those together for Tear...
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Nice :)

I need a copy of this claim for border matching. :) (Claim 4-23)

EDIT: Would it be possible if you can direct a road to the border of our claim? I want to make the fortress in mine not be in the middle of the wilderness with no access.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I notice no building of a certain house's architecture in that picture, so I figured I had a chance with this..is it possible for this house to be owned by Hlaalu? For being one of the weekest houses, Redoran sure does own a lot.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

House Hlaalu is the smallest house IIRC, it is just very well developed with great trade links and resources. Houses Redoran is supposed to be quite large, but less developed and rich. Take a walk in Balmora, going into all the houses, and then do the same in Ald-Ruhn. It's obvious that on the whole, House Redoran is a shitload poorer. I actually think it would be counter-productive to switch lore-city Bodrum to Hlaalu, and already Stonefalls has been switched (which has caused a stink), and ST split from TR largely over ST being Hlaalu instead of Redoran.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Nomadic1 wrote:House Hlaalu is the smallest house IIRC, it is just very well developed with great trade links and resources. Houses Redoran is supposed to be quite large, but less developed and rich. Take a walk in Balmora, going into all the houses, and then do the same in Ald-Ruhn. It's obvious that on the whole, House Redoran is a shitload poorer. I actually think it would be counter-productive to switch lore-city Bodrum to Hlaalu, and already Stonefalls has been switched (which has caused a stink), and ST split from TR largely over ST being Hlaalu instead of Redoran.
It used to be the smallest house.
Paulus Hlaalu (in the Skeleton Man Interview) wrote: The glory of the Indoril is long in the past. They once used their control of the Tribunal priesthood to dominate the other Houses, but their hegemony was overthrown during the Armistice, never to recover. House Hlaalu, of which I am blood kin, of the Seventh Family, of direct descent from Hlaalu Brevur (May We Seek Forever the Seyda Neen), now has undisputed mastery of the other four Houses. The day when Hlaalu is acknowleged as the only remaining Great House can now be foreseen with some assurance.
Ulchevan Aino (also in the Skeleton Man Interview wrote: In the conservative south, the Indoril parties and the Temple still have a lot of influence in the Councils, but up north, Imperial influence is strong, and Hlaalu family and retainers control most of the wealth and political power. Of course, within their own territories, each of the five Great Houses rule their local councils - but the power of Hlaalu and Imperial coin is very influential.
It's been speculated that Hlaalu, Telvanni, and Indoril are competing for the strongest house, and Dres and Redoran are competing for not the weakest. Redoran, however, has four large cities (Kragenmoore, Karthor Dale, Kogo'Tel, and Riverbridge) compared to Hlaalu, one of the supposed powerful houses three (Narsis, Stoenfalls, Blacklight). They also have a whole bunch of small forts and things. My complaint isn't as much about how few things Hlaalu has as much as it is about how many things Redoran has.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Well, the quality of living, influence and so forth puts Hlaalu clearly on top. How much land they actually rule is irrelevant. That's my opinion.
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

you know, when i was about to start making karthor dale, there was much talk about making more redoran cities [too many hlaalu ones] and now it's the opposite.
while i'd like to make it hlaalu [like the set more], this one will stay redoran - it's in the middle of redoran "core" lands, which wouldn't make sence for hlaalu to get hold of it.

i underestand what you are trying to say sload, but this is not the right place for. save those arguments for claim 6-7 [heimlyn keep], as that one will most likely have to be overhauled.
also, there is always a possibility to add 1-2 hlaalu towns in 6-9, which is imo a "must do" option...

btw: this is a mining town - what should be mined here? for now it's ebony...
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Egg mining is supposed to be the #1 export of Morrowind, but we really don't have that many eggmines. What about making it like Redoran's biggest egg source? If not, then have Zephyr's iron ore containers been added to OoT? If so, that's another possibility.

I also think it's hillarious that your suggestions of what should be made Hlaalu are EXACTLY what I wanted to suggest somewhere, but was afraid that their state of "finished" would put a damper on that idea. Heimlyn Keep could have a raod to Eagle Moor (Map 3) going through that fertile valley that right now has absolutely nothing, even though it'd be great for farming. It could also pass over that island in 3-15 that was going to have a Gnaar Mok style fishing village.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Indeed, instead of shrinking House Redoran for House Hlaalu, maybe just add more to House Hlaalu, when it comes to that. West of the River Thir should be plenty of suitable locations for another little Hlaalu township and a few farms.
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

new pics:
Attachments
overview.JPG
(130.71 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
town.JPG
(115.9 KiB) Downloaded 671 times
mines.JPG
(131.95 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Beautiful! Is this the city in the mountain that was discussed? :o
welp
ThorFluff

Post by ThorFluff »

idea: cranes!
imagine carrying crates of ore or bushels of eggs across creaking ropebridges or up winding stairs.
there are some made for the shipyard that could fit in quite well.
Works in Progress:
i4-17-Red ; The Fine Clothiere
i4-16-Red ; The Bachelor Pad
Finnished:
Ironbane ; The disintegrate armor spellbook
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

back to work on this one
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

with my recent time-schedule, there is no way i could finish this in a reasonable time.
so, unfortunately i drop this claim...

my exterior-moderator alterego continues:
revoked
i'd like if a future claimer use the file on top of this page, but of course, i can't make you do so...
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Do you have the landscape raised ? If yes I might concider claiming it. Just want to do some exterior work.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

seems like he does
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

i believe this picture will answer your question the best...
Attachments
4-3map.JPG
(316.03 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Claiming. I wish to finish off whwere Kingfish has left off. Detailing the outer regions of claim adding statics texturing etc.
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

sorry for the delay...
just before i grant this, let me ask you a question: the WIP is not all that completed, needs a lot of detailing and it needs to be done fast. so are you up to it?
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Yes. I just took another look and almost everything needs vertex shading. Sure Im up to it.
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Swiftoak:
Kingfish is busy now, so I will grant this to you. However, you still need to finish your 3-7 claim. I am granting this now, but I want you to finish 3-7 before you start on this. If you start working on this and ignore 3-7, I am going to have to revoke one of them.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Sure. Ill submit the finalized 3-7 on Sunday.
-Hippocrates
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

ah yes, i'm sorry, i completely forgot about this.
happy modding...
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Update:

Fixes/Problems:
I already fixed some major issues with the claim.

Problem: There is a giant gap in between Vernon's claim and mine on the north side.
Solution: Added another cliff to hide the large gap.

Problem: Several large rocks float ridiculously (like by 30-40 points)in the northern part of the claim.
Solution: Lowered statics.

Problem: Some gaps with the claim west of mine.
Solution: Softened the land to make it even.

An unsolved one:

Problem: Cell (-13,-21): Land not raised but statics float. I don't know how to fix that. I ned that cell to match the texturing.

Problem: What's with the NPC outside the gate? Did Amaya put that in or kingfish.

Work:

-Finished most of the texturing to match the claims surrounding with exception to (-13,-20), aforementioned problem.
-Beginning to add statics in empty places.
-Finished shading Bordum.
-Working on vertex shading the cliffs and rocks.

Progress updated to 45%
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

what's up with this one?
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

I was going tp post you guys another update when dexter told me to stop work on this one and get to 3-7. I finished 3-7 last month. I've been fixing this up for the last three weeks now and i need to fix you guys with some progress. Thanks for the reminder.

I have vertex shaded the Bodrum cell.
I have fixed that ridiculous gap in the cliffs between Vern's and my claim, also in Bodrum cell.
Fully textured the remaining cells.
Fixed the gaps in the stream with bordering claims.
Began to add the last detailing statics with the outer regions of the claim.
-Hippocrates
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

This is a really unique and cool claim.. can't wait to see it completed. Getting the exterior landmass complete is a high priority.