4-3-Red

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

You're probably wondering. Wtf is with this claim.....
I got images on progress. Most of them show detailed versions of the previous version I originally downloaded. Alot of stuff is now vertex shaded, and textured. And about 75% of the statics are in place.

Smuggler's cave 1
[url=http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=431sv9.jpg][img]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1140/431sv9.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Natural cave
[url=http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=432rx7.jpg][img]http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/2158/432rx7.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Bodrum (Added doors+shading)
[url=http://img423.imageshack.us/my.php?image=433fu6.jpg][img]http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/8518/433fu6.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Cave 2
[url=http://img345.imageshack.us/my.php?image=434yk5.jpg][img]http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/2483/434yk5.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Cave 3
[url=http://img345.imageshack.us/my.php?image=435ny5.jpg][img]http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/2740/435ny5.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Most of claim overhead.
[url=http://img313.imageshack.us/my.php?image=43fullrf7.jpg][img]http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/7462/43fullrf7.th.jpg[/img][/url]
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

Looking good.
MAP 3 -> Interiors
Map 3 -> Interior Fixing
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Pretty :]
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

There's alot to do still though. Like half the claim has severely caspering rocks, and some of the trees were fu**ed.

I got more progress:

-Fixed the caspering rocks on the southern part of the claim.
-Further added container flora to the southern regions.
-Reshaped some of the land to match the bodering claims.

I'll also be gone for the next 2 weeks cause im going on vacation down south. 8) so I'll do as much as i can for the next few days.
-Hippocrates
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Lookin Sexier by the day....the claim of course :P

I'm gonna try to get to Theo about the eastern part of the claim.
Attachments
43preview.jpg
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Well - it seems there will be problems with my claims borders as it is now, but nothing smart use of cliffs could not fix. I use GL dirt textures mainly and my border level is really high, the same heighth as Bodrum I guess so do not be afraid to raise your land the easter you go. The version of my esp I uploaded in 4-17 thread is far from newest one, but may give you some idea (forget about that canyon going to west to your claim, now there is plain rock again). Anyway I believe I will change my borders according to you.
THEO
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Here is I did, so you can keep your GL textures.
Attachments
43east.JPG
43east.JPG (9.39 KiB) Viewed 5182 times
-Hippocrates
Graff
Developer Emeritus

Post by Graff »

How's progress on this? I wouldn't mind getting this through soon so I can merge it with the map 4 plugin.
[Maybe Not]Done With TR[Quite Yet]
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Good question. I'm 99% done! I just asked Theo the other day if he had a newer version of his 4-17 claim so I can match borders and be done with. :)
-Hippocrates
Graff
Developer Emeritus

Post by Graff »

Sweet :)
[Maybe Not]Done With TR[Quite Yet]
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Once you are done with matching with mine claim upload the file please so I can have a look ;)
THEO
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Updates? Can you post a WIP file sil-vouz-plait?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

I could. I could have last week, but the borders with Theo's claim are really messed, and I'm probably going to take another week to finish. I posted the pic in his thread I believe. If you still want it though, here's the RAR file with unfixed borders.

<deleted attachment, use file up top or below.>
-Hippocrates
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Done! Yay!
Attachments
Clean Free Clean TR_SW_4-3 Red.esp
(645.75 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
-Hippocrates
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Moved to Review. Use Swiftoak's latest posted file for reviewing.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

TESAME: Clean

Loading errors: No

Review: One of the cave entrances in Bodrum didnt quite work. A few trees detached from cliffs and a couple of other minor things. All fixed.

Comments Great use of planks and rope bridges, and I really like the canyon near the village.

Rating 9/10
Attachments
TR_SW_4-3_Red.esp
(645.68 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Approved! Use top file for merging, and please post once it's been merged!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Moiged.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Okay then, I've had a good long think about it and looking back I always said I'd give this area a go if the opportunity came up, so I'm going for it.

(just to point out this latest esp also contains 4-47 in it, which I've addressed and issue with below)

To start, what Im going to do is:
- change over all the rocks and trees to GL.
- Move the river ends (see map and legend)
- Add a new path in mainly along the eastern cells, with the possiblity of a suspended path on the mountside)
- change over all textures to RR

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/4-3Linedcopy.jpg

4-47 Issue:
First of all obviously the additonal 4-47 will be deleted, however I do have a some concern.
On the border between 4-3 and 4-47 There is a lot of statics that when seperated between two claims is going to cause more trouble than its worth, Including current statics from 4-3 that are gapping in 4-47.
So I'm wondering, if anything, what we should do about that.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/3and47divisionissue.jpg
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I can't see your pictures or images.
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

That's because the claiming messages do not respond to BBCode or smileys, but Relin seems to not have noticed that.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Since I cant post a picture in my claim reply above, here is the map.

Map with Legend
[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/Morrowind/4-3Linedcopy.jpg[/img]
Last edited by RelinQ on Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Sload will have to accept the roads here. Your other claim will be revoked since a lack of Thirr concept is stalling it. Please upload the latest WIP in that claim if not done already.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I think if sload doesn't post in the next 24 hours then you or someone else should make the decision. He's been a bit flaky lately. (lol lately)
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

have at it
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Granting
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Any progress here?
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Hi there, sorry for the lack of update, I've been rather busy this last 2 weeks

I have started replacing all the cliffs, and most of the surrounding rocks with GL statics.

At the moment I'm working with the east side of the claim, Im trying to create a mountainous path along the rocky terrain. In doing this I'm also extending the paths and rivers to the corresponding borders.

The GL CLiffs and statics actaully look really nice for this area and they'll look even better once I tweak the ground textures. I'm hoping to allocate alot more time to this claim later this week.

Will provide screenshots soon
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

RelinQ, post a WIP as soon as you can or you'll be bordermatching to me, which might mess with any plans you have for the western side of your claim. Just a heads-up, a'ight?
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

I will once I find out the status of this claim, It appears the newest .esp of this claim (the one I downloaded to work on) may infact be out of date so I don't know exactly know if theres an issue here just yet.

EDIT:
Okay Its most likely I'm going to have to do the borders between our cells or leave it for when the 2 claims are joined.

All I ask Cath, please avoid making any major changes on the area where the path leads into bodrem. Like try to avoid removing or moving any rocks or anything near that path. There is alot of detailing and replacement right on the border, (really it should have been divided there, totally stupid to divide it there), but its how it is.

I have a day off on Tuesday so I should have something up by then.
Last edited by RelinQ on Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

I think you might have east and west confused (I'm doing 4-47, the one to the west of yours), but ok. All I really need to do on the side that borders yours is the bit of river that extends into my claim, and the road leading up to Bodrem. The mazey Roth Roryn stuff is pretty much all going on the other side of my main road.

Also, you could always try cutting the cells you need out of the latest map 4 file with TESAME, that's what I did.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

Tea is important.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

I've edited what I said, sorry I did get confused there before.

EDIT:
I'd rather not cut out the cells from scratch because I've already done alot on this claim, its really just he bodrem area the needs redoing, but it has to be redone anyway..
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

RelinQ wrote:...its really just he bodrem area the needs redoing, but it has to be redone anyway..
?

I am not aware of any decisions to redo anything of Bodrem, please elaborate...
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

The claim description tells you not to touch Bodrem in BIG CAPITALS. Might be a good idea to follow such instructions.

Tea is important.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

"Bodrem is in this claim, but you are NOT TO TOUCH IT. Region changes will be made in the town at a later date. Refer to this image: "

I presumed that meant someone will fix up Bodrem at a later date? :?

But If its already up to date then I guess I better go cut it out of the map4 and replace with whats there then.

Is it upto date in map4? >.>

EDIT:
Im NOT touching Bodrem Cath, but the actual city itself is the old one (I think, need to check), so the entire cell needs replacing with the new one.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

RelinQ wrote:"Bodrem is in this claim, but you are NOT TO TOUCH IT. Region changes will be made in the town at a later date. Refer to this image: "

I presumed that meant someone will fix up Bodrem at a later date? :?

But If its already up to date then I guess I better go cut it out of the map4 and replace with whats there then.

Is it upto date in map4? >.>

EDIT:
Im NOT touching Bodrem Cath, but the actual city itself is the old one (I think, need to check), so the entire cell needs replacing with the new one.
Ah, ok.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Why the hell would you dig up an ancient .esp file rather than just cutting the cells off the map in the first place? Things are always better after being merged...

Edit: Just start over with the landscape from the merged area of this claim. I'm fairly certain that there are portions of this area that exist on map 4 in a state of sufficient quality that the changes needed for them was a straight conversion to RR. I can not make such assumptions as to the quality of the hilariously out of date file that you decided to use for some reason.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Sigh, alright, well good thing I have tuesday off then.

I'll see if I can make a start on the claim once I cut out the cells. It shouldnt be to bad in general since most of the tasks werre just object replacement, but the river part may take a bit of time to recreate :?

Cath, I'll still try and get a WIP up by Tuesday, elsewise I'll contact you.

Thanks for at least clearing that up now.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

It's Wednesday and no response, you there mang? Anyway, after looking at the path maps for both our claims, I realised that they're fucked. There's a path between the two claims, but it's on opposite sides of the river. In the absence of a WIP from you, I've added in the river in mine, and placed the path on the north side; check the latest WIP I uploaded for any border matching you wish to do.

I'll let you do the rest of the border, I'm concentrating on getting the rest of 4-47 sketched out and detailed for now.

Tea is important.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

um, the path between claims is just the road to bodrem. It should go no further, and actually IIRC exists in a perfectly acceptable state atm (apart from needed region change)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo