4-6-Red

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

4-6-Red

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_4-6-Red (#143)
Faction: Redoran
Claimed by: Katze
Files: TR_4-6-Red_Haplo_1.esp

---

Roth Roryn, Armun Ashlands, and Velothi Mountains all in one claim. Please refer to this image:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/4-6Lined.jpg

North of the pink line is the Roth Roryn Region, South is Armun ashlands blending into Velothi mountains. (they are the same color which makes it easier) Remove the river that isn't on the map, and add the one that is. The purple dotted lines represent the roads. The image of these roads above is just a basic idea though, and you need to make them more interesting. However, it's important that they are at the same points when they cross over into other claims.

Claimer must draw a proposal for the roads in their claim over the image linked above before they will be granted it.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

This needs to be redone. The river should not flow through this claim but rather start here (i.e -11 -21).

Cells marked red in this map:

http://img696.imageshack.us/i/armun.jpg/

Change to ashlands, the red field make up the Armun ashlands of Awesomeness. Since this area is the norhern/northwestern end of the ashlands make sure to create transitions to neighbouring claims. I *think* Ascadian Isles style is correct here... (Haplo?)

Should this remain Redoran?
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

are there any settlements in this claim for whom house affiliation matters?

its one of those places that could go either way, but it probably doesn't need to be addressed
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Good point, the existing claim has no settlements. But it could probably use a house or two, and a bandit cave in the desolate areas.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

what about zalz's redoran border watch in that area to the east that's now all hlaalu? if they could be moved over here that'd be great, otherwise a hlaalu inn at the edge of the ashlands would work.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Well 4-23 is currently a mix of West Gash, Ascadian Isles, and Grazelands, so you can't really go wrong doing any of those three things, although I'd suggest staying away from Grazelands unless we're going to redo areas of 4-23 and 4-16 and 4-3 to be Grazelands.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

ascadian islands would be inappropriate here. maybe we need to plan out the roth roryn soon
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Claiming.

Should I try to match the non-ashlands parts to the terrain found in the Bodrem claim to the north?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Granting. Yeah. There has to be a transition, this is the best place. But most of the cells should be ashland
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Please revoke this, not much point in doing anything with it until the regions have been decided.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Dropping per modder request.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Claiming. Rockslides have caused the original path to become blocked off at the RR border, one treacherous alternate path exists east through the RR, a wider, safer new pass is being cut out west but is still under construction and so isn't a through-road (dotted lines on the map are blocked or incomplete roads)

Just to make it clear, there will be other paths in the eastern side of the claim, but they won't be thoroughfares or lead off the edge of the claim, just be closer to a maze of cliffs and caves and the like. I just wanted to mark useful roads on the drawing.
Attachments
4-6Lined.jpg
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Granting. Use my latest WIP instead of Map 4 for your southern border. In fact, it would be a good idea to ignore Map 4 for all your borders, since they're all being redone. Right? Or just most of them.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Is it ok if I squeeze a small Dwemer ruin in here? Probably going to be little more visible on the surface than a well hidden entrance, a couple of pipes and one of those telescope things.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

Tea is important.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Run it by Nemon

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Feel free to add a small dwemer ruin!
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

First WIP so people can see what I've done :)

Tea is important.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Remember we were going to let sload look over the maps before claims got granted...

haplo edit: no. Cathartis' roads were fine
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:Remember we were going to let sload look over the maps before claims got granted...
Whoops my bad, I didn't read through the entire thread obviously. I um, blaim Haplo.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

thats what I was doing, he was the one who granted it.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Any progress here recently?
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Not in the past week, but it's coming along well. Going to work on it some more today, and probably upload a new WIP. Don't worry, it's all very pretty and such.

Tea is important.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Updated. I'd accidentally got rid of the river in the northeast, so that's been put back in.

Tea is important.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

As surprising as it is to me, a finished file you should now see. To the reviewing forums!

Also, lol 404KB

Tea is important.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

POW! HAHA!
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Needs to match 4-23 to the east. The valley that accompanied the river also needs to disappear, the two chains of hills need to be connected.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

I added the ridge and attempted to border match somewhat. Your latest WIP has some broken terrain though, it won't be anywhere near perfect. I'm also keeping the land on the mid-east section low because of the river remnant in the north and matching to Haplo's claim in the south.

Can Tyrion look at this before it goes to review, so he can be sure it's acceptable in his almighty and ever-knowing wisdom?
Attachments
Clean TR_4_6_Red_5.esp
(407.61 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

Tea is important.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

That's that damned CS bug. The broken terrain.

Anyways, this is better. I can match to my claim. I would lose one of the two passes or narrow them. Use rocks, cliffs, or terrain adjustments. Also, the flora in the transition should probably go. I can do these things though if you want.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Be my guest. I personally quite liked having two passes through, but if you think one would be better, then ok.

Just for the record, there are three int entrances in this claim, a cave to the north, a hermit's shack (alcoholic huntsman? :3), and a small hidden Dwemer ruin.

Tea is important.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

I'll keep them both then, just may add more rocks.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

So this should be moved to review then?

Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Makes no matter.

Here's the finished file for final review. Cathartis may want to check it out to see how horribly I raped his claimed.
Attachments
Clean TR_4_6_Red_5.esp
(406.32 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

They seem like sensible alterations to me.

Tea is important.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Watch your plants, sink them a bit more and keep an eye out for floaters. Fixed a lot of floating plants and grasses and added some more rocks along the transition areas.

Comments All in all a good exterior, a few aesthetic issues but this was well and skillfully made.

Rating 9/10
Attachments
Clean TR_4_6_Red_5.esp
(406.6 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Approved. Just remember what Tyrion mentioned; make sure you lower your plants a little more than you think they should be lowered in the first place. And keep checking for spots that need smoothing.