4-13-Hla

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

4-13-Hla

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_4-13-Hla (#150)
Faction: Hlaalu
Claimed by: Nemon
Files: TR_4-13-Hla_Haplo_1.esp

---

Ascadian Isles region bordering the Thirr river. Includes a gorgeous waterfall cascading over a daedric ruin complex.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Not up to TR quality. Good ideas, but the claimer needs to scrap the tree village, unless he/she can work a miracle. Make it not have 1 million errors, and have no interiors, and be cool-looking, and as small or smaller than it is now and it may be considered for keeping.

All that means the claimer should pretty much remove it.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I am now without an exterior claim to procrastinate. I wish to rectify this. I will make it wilderness unless a settlement should be located here. (besides the shitty tree thing which I will kill with virtual fire)
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Grant, no village. You can have a shack for a farmer or something. And a bandit's cave entrance.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Haplo wrote:Good ideas, but the claimer needs to scrap the tree village
Then I suppose that [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=20083]this screenshot[/url] has got to do, hasn't it? (Unless there are more than one tree village in map4?)
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

There are 62 actually.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

62 tree villages?
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Haplo wrote:There are 62 actually.
well, there will be sort of. I plan on expanding the village so it covers the entire claim. That way there will be a cool village of uppity wood elves that think they are better than everyone else somewhere in the province.

Actually I already deleted it and replaced it with more trees
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I was kidding

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I fired this up last night.
Things I did:
Added a road crossing the claim going from the bridge from map 3 over to the road that crossed the corner of my claim.
Added two passes through the mountain to accomplish this.
Removed a section of tree village I missed
lowered 5 or so swamps to water level so they would work right (hurrr I am the original person who made this! I don't know how swamps work! hurrr there is no way I will put half of them anywhere near water level!)
unlinked a door between a pit in an awesome cave and a pit in this cool daedric ruin place that is one of the screenshots for map 4 (one of the cool ones too)
Despite idiotic shit, this claim has some VERY nice things in it that I don't want to touch too much.
Sorry Haplo, but ATM all the cells are named X. This is what I named them when cutting them from map 4 and I have yet to rename them. They will be renamed before I submit though.
All I need to do is up the ref counts for the WG cells and lower swamps AFAIK. I thought it would be hard, but then I noticed the only freaking reason the ref count even needs upping is because the fucking tard claimer used x2 sized rocks.

I plan on working on this some more after lunch, so if I make significant progress today I will just edit this post.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I don't care what you name the cells when you work on them, but it would be a lot easier for you to just add an X in front of the name than to rename the whole thing X. A lot fewer keystrokes.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

fucking damn claim 4-25. Way to match borders wererat!
Worked on this some more today. Added sexerific WG cliffs, probably will need to add some more on the border with 4-25 (as the borders were not matched.)

or... I could... you know... edit the landscaping... but fuck that! cliffs FTW

As it stands, interiors in this claim consist of:
1: cave in the middle of a swamp accessible through a black hole door
2: grotto/underground tunnel into a sort of hidden valley thing
3: Daedric ruin surrounding this valley
4: Velothi dome with entrance in the dome itself
5: Hermit's shack

I might add a cave entrance on the clifftops, seeing as it would be a cool thing to do.

In order to preserve the cool thing, I will need to make some slight changes in the north eastern most cell of 4-25. (just adding a cliff and some rocks.) Every other cell can fix on my side.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote: 4: Velothi dome with entrance in the dome itself
I hate it when they do that. Could you please put the entrance some distance apart?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Gez wrote:
Thrignar Fraxix wrote: 4: Velothi dome with entrance in the dome itself
I hate it when they do that. Could you please put the entrance some distance apart?
Why?

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

It is a lot more buggering around for no reason and no better effect. At least from my experience.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Haplo wrote:Why?
My hatred is not a sufficient reason? Okay, a few more arguments, then:
- It is lore rape. Bethesda did this exactly 0 times.
- It is inconvenient for the interior makers, because the dome is not meant to be used this way. See previous point.
- It doesn't even look good.
- I hate it.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Gez wrote:- It is lore rape. Bethesda did this exactly 0 times.
So? This does not constitute Lore Rape
Gez wrote:- It doesn't even look good.
Thats up to me really, and I think I can make it look good.
Gez wrote:- I hate it.
See first point
Gez wrote:- It is inconvenient for the interior makers, because the dome is not meant to be used this way. See previous point.
I'll make the int then when the time comes. I have a fair Idea how I could make it cool.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Nomadic1 wrote:It is a lot more buggering around for no reason and no better effect. At least from my experience.
Are you arguing for or against an entrance directly into the dome? It's unclear from your post which way you're leaning.

Gez, the reason I asked was because I really didn't know why you wanted it that way, I wasn't attempting to challenge you for the sake of argument.

However like TF says, Bethesda doing it 0 times doesn't make it lore rape, or even iffy. If TF makes it look good (and also volunteers to do the interior himself [which, by the way, going by the rules, he does have first dibs on the interiors being as they're in his exterior claim], since he has a good idea for it), and it fits, I'll allow it.

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Adding a door into the dome itself should be punishable by death.

Adding it directly into the tower (or right near is a bit more iffy. On one hand the entrance could be in a good spot around it and it is no effort at all to create a door (a doorjamb and a column either side works sweet). Or the entrance could be at a bad spot which doesn't work well with the interior dome and is more buggering around with no better effect.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Haplo wrote:However like TF says, Bethesda doing it 0 times doesn't make it lore rape, or even iffy.
Going against architectural conventions and doing something that makes the building look structurally unsound qualifies as iffy. TF may have found a way to make this look good, but I'll point out how every Velothi tower in Morrowind uses the same approach, with an entrance far from the dome, a bunkerish part leading to the dome, and only then the dome itself, instead of a direct access to the dome.
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Okay, seriously guys. It's a door to a dome. It's not unreasonable to think that maybe SOMEWHERE in Tamriel the Dunmer/Chimer got the idea to put a door at the front.
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

seriouly people, its not like I am putting the door jam sticking out of the dome or anything. I'm not retarded. The door is placed in stone. It will be fine, especially considering I'm the one who is going to be making the interior for fucks sake. (I am competent and would not set myself up with an impossible task)

fucking damn...
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Added more clifs, along with a cave entrance. No new file because I didn't upload it before I left. BTW, this is more of a swamp than a forest. Progress bumped up to 70%.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I agree with Gez.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Good for you.

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Gez wrote:It is lore rape.
Peterboy
Developer

Post by Peterboy »

The Telvanni tower at the Vivec plaaza is lore rape?
"A sick thought can devour the body’s flesh more than fever or consumption"
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I still fail to see how it even rubs lore the wrong way. Anyway, it sure would be nice of TF to upload a screenshot so we can see what he means and not have four different images floating around our heads of what we think he means.

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Free standing wilderness velothi towers have a specific architectural model, the entrance is in the hillface and the tower is sticking out of the hill a small distance away. This allows for a great deal of variation, but it doesn't allow for an entrance sticking out of the dome. The Telvanni canton reference is irrelevant as it is within vivec city.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

That doesn't explain anything lore-wise, but TF isn't sticking the entrance into the dome anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Progress?

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I've added a bunch of trees and downsized a bunch more. Whoever made this jungle obviously was an idiot. Anyway, still plugging away at this when I have the time.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Update please

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

been working on OE castle like you told me too. Merge an activator so our water statics splash yet? that would help me a lot.

edit: 5000 posts!
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Please not the custom item that's already available to you excuse again, I waited two years for an interior because of that one. You can add it yourself as TR_m4_whatever, since it appears to be delaying your progress so much. I usually don't do one-item(and 1KB) updates to the 60MB TR_Data file unless the mod just can't progress without them.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

fuck you, It is needed in MANY places outside my claim. This is an item that needs to be systematically placed wherever the TR water statics were used. I am fine without it, I would just prefer to use it instead of lowering any more swamps there might be. As for the map books, if you had just fucking added the placeholders 2 fucking years ago we would never have had that problem would we even though I could have added it myself so that's irrelevant anyway. All I want is that when you next update TR_Data you include that new activator (lud already added it to map 1 as I recall, you could copy the script from there.) Its not even as if I can't do anything without this activator. I can complete the claim without it, I would just prefer if I didn't have to, so this entire post is a big fucking waste.

Anyway, I will work on this when I get tired of OE Castle, as I always have.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Any progress at all?

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Kind of been OE-in. Probably ought to do some on it though I guess...
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Progress?

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

[url=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/DaDome.jpg]Hey look, its that dome that you all like to bitch about[/url]

As for progress, I just deleted 4 rocks I found floating far above it all. I will try to work on it some tonight though.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo