4-13-Hla

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Revoked (way late) since Tyrion can't work on it at the moment.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

so just to clarify:
East border is AI
West border north of waterfall is WG and GL outside of valley
entire claim south of the waterfall is MA (minus east border)

want to get this clarified to expedite claiming.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:so just to clarify:
(...)
entire claim south of the waterfall is MA (minus east border)
Shouldn't that be Ashlands? Using Ash01 through 4 for textures, spiky ashlands rocks and dead trees. I know there's a mix of stuff in vanilla MW but isn't this named ashlands for a reason?

Just asking to get 100% clarification...
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Gads, I tend to get ground textures mixed up. You'd probably know better than I do.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

No, wait. The Armun Ashlands doesn't reach into this claim.
No ash in my opinion :) .

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/download.php?id=18085
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Very much no ash. This is the thirr river valley.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

I'd like to claim this.

Going to clean up all the texture inconstancies first.

I taking alook at surrounding claims to consider what options. I'm not entirely sure about this claim, but i'll see what I can come up with, otherwise I'll change to a different claim.

Also that waterfall thing you made Haplo is fucking gorgeous! dw, I WONT DARE touch it. Actaully I thought I'd seen it before but I was thinking of a similiar thing with OM ruins that Nom made.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

... He didn't make that... If you'd read my post after that, followed by his response...

You have seen that thing before because it is older than dirt.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Well, here area few things that need doing:

1) Kill the swamps. This is the Thirr River Valley, it should have green lands and plantations.

2) If there are any huts in trees or off the ground, kill them.

3) Add a road in the southern edge of your claim (traveling east-west), right about Indal'Ruhn, that dips southward at the southeast edge of your claim. This road will connect Almas Thirr to the rest of Map 4. Have you seen Nemon's exterior palette for this?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

To be quite honest I'm not sure if this region has been conceptualized fully yet. I "nicked" some of 4-25 while doing 4-9 in order to make the transition from WG (in 4-25) to ASH (in 4-9). That means 4-25 is WG bordering this one you're claiming. I would suggest having WG towards the 4-25 border, and creating a believable transition to that one first.

Granted, but hold your horses on the rest of the claim until the thirr region has a complete concept. In other words, focus on the western part of it first.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Alright well thats already cleared up alot for me then. If I cna get a copy of 4-25 I'll take a good look.

Basically my first concept of this area seems to be more like wetlands as opposed to swamps.

Lots of AI trees, with some WG trees blending in on the west side, lots of little scrubs and rock transiting between AI and WG. rocks and small shrubs along the river banks. hmmm..

If It comes out the way Im picturing it in my head, I think it will be very pretty as well as docile? (maybe not the right word). I just need to take a look at other areas/claims and look at some of the other trees and plants we have.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

The Thirr river region is home to lush plantations and flora, it is a fertile river valley. The specifics are still in development though so as you have been told already, work on the western border of this claim exclusively for the time being.

As for 4-25, I told you in the 4-25 thread that you should just look at map 4.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

RelinQ, how proficient are you in English?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Haplo wrote:1) Kill the swamps. This is the Thirr River Valley, it should have green lands and plantations.
Please for the love of god follow instructions.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

what I said in my last post was a Concept, not an implementation.

Anyway an Update:

- Ive added some of that Path Thrig mentioned.
- I've started on a transition between the WG region.
- Tided up the west side alot, planning to reshade most of that side as well.

Issues:

Okay I have a 2 major issues with this claim so far:

1. The Mountains on the west side are incredibly high compared to what they border with on 4-25. Now I can partially lower this west side, but its still too darn high. there is over a 3000 Z-unit drop between this mountain and whats on 4-25.

To understand better, Here is a comparison of the heights picture and a couple of screenshots:
[url]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/WG-heightComparrison.jpg[/url]

[url]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/wg-borderdrop2.jpg[/url]
[url]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/wgborderdrop1.jpg[/url]

Hopeully you can now see what I mean; now I can somewhat smooth this down and use cliff pieces, which is ideal, but I still think the amount of height here is an issue.
(I'm wondering whether I should have some of the 4-25 claim included into this one just to fix the borders)

As for the 2nd issue, well we still need to work out this THV (Thirr River Valley) Region. Although this is not as critical atm.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Just use the cliff meshes and make a nice transition. Should work...
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

don't even conceptualize for the Thirr River region. You are not party to the relevant discussions so you will wait until we report to you.

Use cliffs when near the waterfall thing, otherwise... welcome to exterior modding! Just be glad you didn't have to raise the entire claim from the seafloor like the modders of yore.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Alright I'll use cliffs as a start and see how that goes.

haha yeah, fair point there Thrig, I know what thats like.
Before I came to TR, I did infact raise an island the size of Solstheim, funny enough I wrote a tutorial on it as well. :P , took years though D: (literally)

Back to the claim, I'll smooth it down where I can and try to create a fairly aggregate cliff face. Because of the height I'd prefer to make the 3000ft (ft?) drop a believable formation.

Anyway thanks you two, that gives me a bit more clarity to work with. :)
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Relin which file are you using, mine or Haplo's?
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Your's man, its the newest.

Anyway I have added cliffs and alot of rocks down the west side border. I tested this cell with the bordering 4-25 and the cliffs look fantastic, its a huge improvment, so thats almost done there. :)

Should have a WIP up soon.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Make that WiP upload within the week, we want to check your work.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Okay I have uploaded a new WiP but you can also download it just below.

Basically what Ive done is create a cliff face along the western side of the WG Mountains, these statics may go over into "wilderness" but as you can see (in the 2nd screenshot via URL) they match rather nicely with the bordering 4-25 claim.

Western Cliff Face (taken 28th of Feb)
[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/WestSideCliffscopy.png[/img]

Western Cliff Face with 4-25 Merger
[url]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/CLiffs.jpg[/url]

Ive tidied up ALOT of statics around that mountainious

In addition I have shaded most of that west side cliffs and started a transition along the east side which you can see in the other 2 screenshots. I've been generally transitioning the ground from WG to AI using anywhere between 3 to 7 textures.
I havent really paid much attention to the other areas except when starting to add that path that Thrig requested. but the main reason I touched this was to improve the textures on the east side of the west mountains and to get rid of the horrid BC textures.

WG Mountain to valley transition
[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/WGMountaintransition.jpg[/img]

(ignore the trees on this 2nd picture, I was testing colour schemes)
[url]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/WGTransitionriver.jpg[/url]
Dexter (on IAS): "Since when do you need to be able to do backflips to dig holes?" Fri 29 Jul, 2005 3:57:03
Sload (on Narsis): "Jesus Christ, I wonder why there was lag when you had an 80,000 face gazebo." Thu 09 Apr, 2009 11:46:33
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

I had a look in the CS, and it looked like a decent transition, although I have to delete some cells from the map 4 esp and load them up together. Will do later!
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Thanks Nemon.

I've only really textured the ground so far but I'm hoping to improve alot on the terrain and shading when the region has been more specified. :)
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Please upload latest WIP so this can be revoked due to your recent granted RR claim...
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

I've only just managed to get near my laptop so I'll make this quick. Im currently Out of the city for Corporate ITIL training until the rest of this week, can you please give me until Saturday to upload this?

I've done some solid work on paths and rivers as well, so its worth the wait. If I have any spare time, I'll see if I can upload it sooner.

Cheers, Relinq.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

RelinQ wrote:I've done some solid work on paths and rivers as well, so its worth the wait. If I have any spare time, I'll see if I can upload it sooner.
Jesus christ man, if I let my palm connect with my face with as much force as would naturally occur from reading that statement, I would be dead from a fractured skull. I somehow knew you would edit more of this claim than you were supposed to. I was actually hoping you didn't all this time, when you were giving all indications that you hadn't edited the area, and had no plans to do so. When I heard this was going to be revoked so you could take 4-3, I was surprised because it would mean that you seemingly followed instructions for the entire time you had the claim. But no, my hopes were unfounded and my fears were correct.

I'm going to go discuss this with the other people with titles, expect a response soon.

tl;dr: You are incompetent* expect some sort of disciplinary action.

*Anyone who gets this reference gets a gold star for the day
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Maybe this one:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=11729&start=80
Search for the post of 19/02/2010 or 02/19 from TF.
What is a gold star for the day?
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

I am always in for a lovely present; wow a Gold Star :D But not because I am incompetent of course ;)
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Just upload whatever you got, RelinQ, and remember to heed the words of moderators and administrators when doing the RR-claim...
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Gold star is something that kids get in elementary school when they do a good job, used here it means that someone getting the reference would be cool, but I am not really going to give any substantive reward.

As for the reference, I have no idea what blackbird is talking about, and no praedator you don't get the gold star for being incompetent. You get the gold star for knowing what the reference is. To not clutter the thread, I will put it in small text.

First off, this image: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/BattlerIsIncompetent.png . This is from the visual novel Umineko no Naku Koro Ni. Look it up if you want more information. In the story, things said in magical red text are inarguable truths. (as far as I know) As we see in the image, the golden witch beatrice is laughing at Battler's pitiful attempts to solve the mystery of the murder that is central to the story. He is so bad at it, that she is actually able to say with red text that he is incompetent. Similarly, she laughs in red because it is an inarguable truth that she is amused by this. Please do not reply to this in this thread. I am only putting all of this here because for some reason people thought they knew what I was referencing.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Alright I'm back and here is my latest WIP

First of all Thrig, you need not worry, The I've only done some very minor terrain detailing around the paths (mainly the west cliff side paths) to actaully make them look like paths, it would have needed to be done at somepoint eitherway. It actaully makes the cliffs more significant looking from a distnace as well. Also I changed this about a day after I uploaded my last WIP, so It was a while ago.

Anyway as well as the WIP, I have included a new screenshot for a slight issue in the waterfall cell. There is some ferns near the inner wall that are floating.
Naturally I could smooth the wall out a little to make a slope and place the ferns on, but this cell is a very delicate little ecosystem, so whether I or anyone else fixes this, it should be done with the utmost care.

Saying that, I have tried but it fairly time consuming as its quite easy to shift the walls inwards =/, So I've left it as it previous was.

[url=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/Morrowind/Floatingfernsinwaterfall.jpg?t=1270991110]Floating Ferns in waterfall cell[/url]
Last edited by RelinQ on Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dexter (on IAS): "Since when do you need to be able to do backflips to dig holes?" Fri 29 Jul, 2005 3:57:03
Sload (on Narsis): "Jesus Christ, I wonder why there was lag when you had an 80,000 face gazebo." Thu 09 Apr, 2009 11:46:33
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Okay, as we agreed: Revoked! Have fun (incl blood, sweat&tears) in your other claim.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

You mean utmost care, surely?

Also, that near-vertical bit of ground texture looks really stretched. I'm going to give my near-universal suggestion of "needs more rocks".
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

I wonder if those interior ground tiles would work for that as well...
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

I claim this in order to make the Thirr region proceed from the concept stage.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Stuff done. Things added.
Basically the new WIP is a rough look at how I see this region. Rich dense flora, rivers, tributaries and farms.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

We'll this definetly looks like your work Nemon, always a pleasure too see what you've come up with. It looks like a really solid start. :D

I have to say I like the Hlaalu towers on the riverline with the shrouded trees, very nice.

In regards to the fields:
Will it be a general allocation of plant containers? or are we expecting to see a more realistic field with mass clomping of plant containers?

Thought I'd ask since the area is so "lush and healthy" .

EDIT:

Also apparently its your birthday? well if it is, Happy Birthday! :)
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

RelinQ wrote: In regards to the fields:
Will it be a general allocation of plant containers? or are we expecting to see a more realistic field with mass clomping of plant containers?

Thought I'd ask since the area is so "lush and healthy" .

EDIT:

Also apparently its your birthday? well if it is, Happy Birthday! :)
Probably going with the solution I have on the little island, otherwise it's too much loot.

And yes, 29 years old :) .
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

[url=http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4953/morrowind20100425232103.jpg][img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4953/morrowind20100425232103.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5756/morrowind20100425231757.jpg][img]http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5756/morrowind20100425231757.th.jpg[/img][/url]

New screens up, the main plantation detailed, added a lot of trees and flora here and there.